S570B Review

8.2
reviews (6) pictures (4) 20 comments vote for this gear:
S570B Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 28, 2010

Purchased from: HW Audio, Bolton

Features: 2010 model, made in Indonesia. 24 frets, 25.5" scale. Inlay is hard to describe. Google for a look, but the pictures really don't do it justice - it's gorgeous. It's a solid top, with a mahogany body, a 3pc maple neck and a rosewood fingerboard. Finish is solid red, and has a black border around the bodywork. It features a ZR2 bridge, which I understand is a variant of a Floyd Rose but instead of using a knife edge it uses ball-bearings (again, google is your saviour for the technicalities on how this works). Passive pickups in HSH configuration - INF1 at the neck, INFS1 in the middle and an INF2 at the bridge. The single coil is a beaut, but a tad noisy. One volume, one tone, one 5-way selector. It features a locking nut and no-brand Ibanez tuners. No accessories included. // 10

Sound: I play mostly metal and rock, and this guitar is a natural fit to them. I've played it through a Roland Cube 60 and a Line 6 Spider IV 15, and its' tone is beautiful. The single coil is a bit noisy, but with the right settings this can be canceled out and has a gorgeous glassy tone to it. The pickups have a high output, so pinch harmonics are a doddle. It also handles clean sounds very well, although I've not really tried that out yet. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up perfectly, the action was nice and low and I could play it fine right out of the box. The pickups needed no adjustment, and the construction is solid. One minor problem I had was that the stop bar on the trem was catching whenever any load was put onto it, causing strings to start vibrating. Luckily, this is easily removed and there are no adverse effects in doing so. // 10

Reliability & Durability: One of the first things I noticed about this guitar was how thin it was - I knew it was thin, but this is THIN - I've measured it at 15mm at its' thinnest point. Despite this, it's got a lot of weight on it. The hardware could survive nuclear winter, and the strap buttons aren't going anywhere fast. It's very dependable, and I would feel confident that this guitar wouldn't break in a gig (although you never know, so I don't advise skipping on a backup). Lastly, the finish hasn't got a chip on it, despite being bashed around a fair bit. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly rock and metal, which this guitar is perfect for. I've been playing for about 4 years now, and I also own an Ibanez RG7321 and an RG321MH. If it was stolen, I'd buy another in the drop of a hat. The thing about this guitar that I was a little apprehensive of was the fret inlays - they looked a bit poo in pictures, but seeing them in the flesh (pearl?) they look gorgeous. The one thing that annoyed me about this guitar is the stop bar, but that was sorted in ten minutes so there're no issues whatsoever. Overall, a very good guitar, and well worth the money. // 9

S570B Reviewed by: zakarai, on november 30, 2012

Features: The Ibanez S570B: - 3pc Wizard II Maple Neck - Mahogany Body - Jumbo Frets - ZR Bridge w/ZPS2 - INF 1 and 2 Pups I have had this guitar for about a year now and when I bought it, it was in very good condition. The bridge action was perfect as well as intonation. The previous owner knew what he was doing. Unfortunately, the tremolo arm just happened to be broken off but after research I did notice this was a common problem for the ZR bridge. The guitar is a 25.5 scale, jumbo fret (as most guitars are) with a nice mahogany body and maple neck. The only unfortunate thing (apart from the tremolo arm being broken) are the pickups, with just about every Ibanez guitars. The don't bring out enough tone and really don't pack a good punch for me. Soon I hope to buy Bareknuckle Aftermaths or Painkillers. Just now I have the guitar in Drop A with 68 D'Addario's and is serving me well. The only problem is the 2nd string intonation but what do you expect? It's a 25.5 scale! // 8

Sound: I play just about every style of music, being mainly in the metal genre. Just now I am running my guitar through my Zoom G2.1U straight in to my Crate GLX1200H. Just now after some time I have configured with the tones on the pedal and very much love my tone. I always configured the gate well with the compressor for tight stopping and long sustain so no more hum or feedback! Again, the pickups are a letdown. I feel I would have so much more punch if I had the right pickups but just now, I have been dealing with it! I can't really say much because of the way my set up it (hum and such) but I have plugged it in to an amp alone and it wasn't that good unless I packed the gain to just about full, letting horrible feedback and hum through. I'm going to give this a 7 purely because Ibanez need to get rid of INF's! // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought this guitar second hand and the previous owner knew what he was doing! I was sure he was yellow Ernie Ball strings on the guitar and it was perfectly intonated! The bridge action was also level and spot on. Unfortunately because of the strings I have on it now and the tunning I have put the guitar to, I have to pull back each individual slot to better intonate the guitar and only having problems with the 2nd string but I am aiming to buy a 26.5 scale guitar soon! The was no flaws on the guitar at all apart from the tremolo arm on the bridge being destroyed? But apart from that, it was a perfect buy for me! // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar was served me well this past year and has withstood gigging easily! Soon I am planning on having it my backup guitar purely because of the intonation and that fact I need one. The way I have recently been playing in my practicing is Dillinger Escape Plan style and has withstood the crazyness of my playing (as well as my strap!) The finish on the guitar is yet to be worn away just the littlest bit and my guitar has never broken in the slightest before. The only thing really is the bridge. You are limited to what you can do with locking tremolo's but luckily I usually only stick to one tunning! But I am able to pull the 6th up a step to put it in B standard or pull it down to F#. I will be giving this a 10! // 10

Overall Impression: In the genre I play (Progressive Metal), it has been serving me very well. I have been playing guitar for 4 years now and I would definitely recommend Ibanez to any guitarist or anyone wanting to learn guitar. The only problem (AGAIN), are the pickups. Every other detail of the guitar is very well done but when you are buying one, make sure you buy pickups to replace those terrible INF's! If the guitar were stolen or I mistakenly threw it in to a crowd while playing a gig, I wouldn't buy this guitar again, mainly because of the tunning I play in, but I would definitely buy another Ibanez.

// 9

S570B Reviewed by: BH7697, on september 17, 2010

Price paid: C$ 575

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

Features: Specs from Long & McQuade's website: HSH pickup configuration - infinity pickups. Vol, 5-way, Tone. The original and famous Ibanez S body Heavy mahogany tone without the heavy mahogany weight 24-fret Wizard II necks Many new colors and finishes for 2010 ZR Zero Resistance trem with ball bearings offers smooth and stable arming I bought the white model, and I love it. The black binding makes a bold difference in the appearance of the guitar, but that's not the only stand out feature of the guitar. This guitar is THIN, not to mention, it is very light and won't cause any strain on your back. Also, the S570B uses the usual Wizard II thin necks, and coming from playing thicker necks, it actually wasn't a big deal to get used to. As a matter of fact, I found it easier to play on this neck compared to my Schecter and Fender guitars. Also, the S570B features 24 frets compared to the Standard 22 fret necks you see on s-series models which is good. I basically bought this guitar as an alternative to a different guitar that caught my eye, the JS2400. The ZR tremolo is just awesome, never played a tremolo that was so smooth, thanks to the ball bearing system. As far as I can see, and from what I've played, this is a solid guitar and it has the hardware that's good as its looks. It gets a 10 for its sexiness. // 10

Sound: I play a variety of music, but the majority of the time I'm playing rock to hard rock to metal. I've switched between 9s to 11s and the 11s didn't feel right with the guitar so I went for the middle ground and play with 10s. Pretty good stock sound, even for infinity pickups. But of course, more stock pickups are not very toneful and these are no different. They lack picking dynamics and don't have very rich harmonics. The bridge is crunchy but lacks that low end you'd get with aftermarket pickups, a bit too bright for my taste in my opinion. The neck pickup actually sounded good, creamy and warm. The single coil was pretty good as well, it paired very well with the two pickups and gave a twangy, warm Strat tone when the 2 or 4 positions are selected. As of now I chose to upgrade the pickups to DiMarzio Mo'Joe and PAF Joe pickups and left the single coil stock. Those pickups gave me the sound I wanted from the guitar, and the single coil still pairs up nicely with the two humbuckers, although the 2 position is more bright compared to stock. Maybe sooner or later the single coil will be replaced, but right now its fine. I'll give the sound rating an 8 because well the pups did do their job at first, over time I'd hear that the tone was not very good, and to achieve a more dynamic tone, you'd need an upgrade. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Again I got the white model, with black binding on the body. It has a poly finish, has a high gloss to it, and the hardware comes in black. Also the tuning pegs, nut, and pickup rings are black. A really cool thing that I saw was that the pickup rings were made of metal, and on the guitars I've had, I've never had metal pickup rings so I thought that was pretty cool. The neck pickup ring is also custom fit for the 24 fret neck, so its notched out at the edge that sits around the neck. When I got the guitar, it was setup perfectly. Only thing wrong with it was that the trem arm socket wasn't even secured to the trem plate, and funny thing was that I told the sales guy about it, he takes it on himself to screw it himself, only to drop the screws on the body and scratch the finish with the screw driver, only to have it come lose again when I got home (yay long&mcquade). But don't worry, I screwed it snug with the provided allen key and it hasn't loosened up since (it's been about 6 months). It is setup perfectly for 9s out of the box, so heavier gauges or hybrid gauges require a little setup, but surprisingly that can be done in about 10-15 mins with practice. Instead of the springs being screwed into the body, they are latched onto a thumb screw system where you can increase or decrease the tension by turning the thumbscrew on the rear of the guitar. Just turn it until the bridge is level with the body and you're good to go. So that means that alternate tunings can be achieved with less hassle with this tremolo system, which is awesome. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is made of mahogany, and although it is very light, I believe it will take a beating. I can count on the guitar being in tune thanks to the ZPS system and also the tuning pegs and locking nut are solid. I've heard negative reviews about the ZPS system saying it's bad for the trem and it's adding more tension to the block, therefore it will break over time. It may seem that way, but I believe it will be just fine. It may probably break under the tension that 11 gauge strings might put on it (the thumb screw is almost turned to the max), but I think its fine. It allows me to play drop D and even go half step, all I have to do is mess with the fine tuners and it gets in tune and usually stays there. Ibanez really designed this guitar with innovative solutions to minor and major problems guitarists might run into when using conventional hardware, and they do that with utmost quality. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall I love this guitar. My hands don't cramp up when playing as much anymore, I love the tremolo, the look of this guitar can kill and it was all for a good price. At this time, since this was my first tremolo guitar besides having a Strat tremolo, I can see the ups and downs of it. If you are a person who regularly changes tunings, this guitar might not be your best choice. Unless of course you have more than one guitar or don't use it for live purposes, then by all means this guitar could probably be good for you. It still contains the typical issues and playability as a Floyd Rose equipped guitar would have, so if you wanted something that plays like a floyd but better, the ball bearings and ZPS system make this guitar seem like a floating trem but with better support and action. If you want full floating, you can always take out the zps, so all floyd players feel right at home. Bottom line, great guitar. I love it, I can't put it down, all I'd need is a Les Paul and a Telecaster and my guitar collection will be of great variety and versatility. Oh, and it DOES flutter, even with the ZPS. // 9

S570B Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 29, 2010

Features: This guitar was made in 2010 in Indonesia. It has the Wizard II neck with 24 jumbo frets with a rosewood fretboard, solid top, and a Red finish with black hardware. Its the Classic Ibanez S body style. It has the double locking ZR trem with the ZPS system. Pickups are INF1,INFS1,INF2 HSH configuration with 1 volume and 1 tone control. Included a cable, hex wrenches and an instruction manual that has absolutely nothing to do with this guitar. // 7

Sound: This guitar suits my style of music perfectly, I play rock, some metal, blues and jazz and many classic rock tunes. This guitar is very versatile and can handle anything thrown at it. I play through a Peavey Express 112S with a DigiTech RP500 and I can get just about any sound I want out of it. The pickups are lacking a bit though and I plan on replacing the humbuckers with a Moe-Joe and a PAF-Joe to get the sound I'm after. There is very little noise when using either bucker, the single coil on the other hand does make a noticable amount of fuzz. Overall a very decent sound out of the box, could use a little more umph in the pickup department. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was setup fairly well, needed a slight intonation adjustment. I also lowered the single coil so I don't hit it when picking. It took me just a few minutes to get it into tune and setup the ZPS properly. Now for the bad stuff... The fretwork is not very good although they are aligned well the frets are very very rough. The frets also hang off of the bottom side of the fretboad and are very sharp, they catch on your skin and tear it up a little. The fretboard and strings were covered in some layer of sticky glue-like chemical and had to be cleaned thoroughly. I found one blemish in the paint Right above the tremelo on the edge of the cavity, there is white showing through the red in about an inch long area, very hard to notice. Also there was a spot of dried glue on the fretboard and one by the fine tunes on the trem that had to be chipped off carefully. And finally the finish on the back of the neck has some rough spots. // 4

Reliability & Durability: I would take this guitar gigging no questions asked. I would bring a spare though. The hardware seems tough and should last the lifetime of the instrument. Strap buttons are solid also. The finish looks like it is going to last a long time.. All this I will know better with time, I have had the guitar for about 11 hours. // 8

Overall Impression: Like i said before it matches my style of music perfectly and looks darn good in my collection! I have been playing for about 18yrs and this is one of the nicest looking guitars I've ever owned. I also own a couple Strats and an '97 RG470. This guitar would be perfect if it had the flawless neck of my RG. I'm really just bummed about the quality of the neck/fretwork. I paid less for my RG new and the neck is just perfect compared to this thing. I plan on having the frets fixed and replacing the pickups with those mentioned above and this thing will be exactly what I wanted. I will never buy another Indonesian Ibanez though, you really take a chance when ordering one of these. Also I have been toying with the ZPS since I got it and I am going to remove it. I don't like that you can feel the system engage/disengage when raising the whammy bar. Overall this is a beautiful guitar that just needs a little fretwork to play nicely. Ibanez needs to step up the quality control for the construction and finishing of the neck/fretwork, And they should consider including manuals that are relavant to the product purchased. // 7

S570B Reviewed by: dr83, on april 05, 2011

Purchased from: Craigslist

Features: Since I bought it used I'll have to change the way I review this guitar, so some sections might be very short. As for ratings 1 = sucks, 5-6 = average, 10 = WOW 09 model 24 frets, 25.5" scale Wizard II neck Alder body w/ maple neck and rosewood fretboard H/S/H w/ 5 way switch ZR Bridge with ZPS system I have the white model. It's really beautiful and always looks brand new because the finish is resistant to fingerprints. The neck is very fast and thin, as all Wizards are. I'd say this is the thinnest neck I'd feel comfortable playing. I find that extremely thin necks are not as good for legato as slightly thicker necks (think ESP or Jackson), but it's still easy and not a problem on this guitar. The ZPS system does a good job at keeping the guitar in tune, at the cost of increased resistance when you push down the trem bar. That's alright if you don't abuse the trem, but if you're more of a Steve Vai type of player I'd recommend taking out the ZPS spring system. It's easy, only takes a few minutes. After taking out the ZPS some tuning stability is lost but you gain the ability to flutter and manipulate the trem bar with a lot less effort. I like the option to switch between using "ZPS mode" and "free floater mode" The seller gave me some allen wrenches that he got with the guitar. This guitar definitely gives you some nice things to play with. Very versatile IMO, but nothing mind-blowing. // 8

Sound: I play metal, blues, rock, etc. I can't really comment on the stock pickups because the previous owner put in a DiMarzio PAF Pro and Super Distortion in the neck/bridge. This guitar sounds great with those pickups. Clear distortion and clean tones, harmonics jump out of this guitar. However I was not impressed with the stock single coil. I rarely use it and am contemplating removing it entirely. It's very noisy. I noticed a lack of bass response in this guitar compared to my Schecter. Perhaps it's the alder body. Don't get me wrong, this guitar has great metal and lead capabilities, but if you want the chugga chugga brootz tonez I'd look for something mahogany bodied and with EMGs. This guitar can do it all, but it really shines with lead instrumental playing (Steve Vai, Satch, etc.) // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Since I bought used I can't really comment here. The guitar was in very good condition when I bought it (beside the pickup change everything was stock). I play with a higher action, and I still get some fret buzz. Nothing major, but I think this guitar might be due for a set up. Nonetheless this is still a very well made guitar. I can't blame the fret buzz on the factory. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Despite it's light weight, this is still a very solid guitar. I'm gentle with my guitars, but even after owning it for a few months everything is still in good shape. The volume knobs are a little loose, but that's an easy fix. I would use this guitar on a gig without a backup, but since it's a floater that's still not a smart idea. However I trust this guitar and my ability not to hit the strings so hard that they break. // 8

Overall Impression: I play mainly metal, rock and blues. This guitar is a great match for all. With it's classy style and versatile sound this guitar would fit into any situation. It's a lot more versatile than say an ESP or Schecter guitar with EMGs (which I also love, but they are distinctively more metal). I've been playing about a year and own a low-end Schecte, and play through a Randall RG200G3. If this guitar were lost or stolen I'd be very upset, but since I like to change up my equipment I'd probably try a Jackson or ESP instead. I love the fast fretboard and overall smooth feel to this guitar. I'd describe this guitar as having a very fluid feel. I think for the price this guitar is among the best values, and unless you're one of those guys who can't play a guitar without EMGs (in which case there are more ideal guitars for you in this price range), it's a very solid buy indeed. // 8

S570B Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 10, 2011

Price paid: C$ 560

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

Features: This guitar was made in 2010. It sports a 3 piece maple wizard 3 neck...H-S-H configuration with infinity pickups, a mahogany body and a Zero Point tremolo system. I chose the alpine white finish. Has a rosewood fingerboard. Has master volume and tone knob, 5 way selector, 24 frets, squiggly fret inlays. Has regular tuners. // 10

Sound: Despite the reviews about the pickups, I've had no issues with the sound being too muddy with the neck. The pickups sound good. I can get some great distorted metal and hard rock sounds. The single coil is a bit unnecessary for me...should have put in a coil tap instead. There is a tremendous amount of fret buzz with the low E string. The action is set a tad too low, but if you buy it from a guitar shop...you should get a free setup with the guitar. I bought this guitar because I wanted a guitar that could handle progressive music, metal, and hard rock. This guitar suits those styles perfectly. There is nothing to complain about except for the fret buzz. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Action was set too low. Too much fret buzz with low E string. There was a slight finish flaw with where the input jack is located. It seems they had a hard time painting it. Electronics and hardware are fine. Feels nice....balanced nicely. I have a hard time palm muting for some reason. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Seems like solid guitar. The tremolo system seems rock solid. The hardware in general seems very solid and durable. Strap buttons are rock solid. I never gig without a back up because shit can go wrong despite having the greatest guitar in the world, but this guitar seems solid enough the get by a gig. The finish is nice and scratch resistant so far. // 9

Overall Impression: I play prog rock, metal, and hard rock. This guitar suits me perfectly. I've been playing for 13 years. I own a Mesa Boogie Blue Angel head and a Randall 4x12 cab. I use a Boss GT-10. If it were lost or stolen, I wouldn't buy this again and go for something different. Not because I don't like this guitar but because I want a Paul Reed Smith single cutaway. I love the finish and the floating bridge. I don't like the fact that it is a bitch to get used to for palm muting. My favourite feature is the floating bridge. I wish it had an H-H config with a coil tap and a maple fretboard for a more punchy sound. // 9

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ S7521 8 Electric Guitars 11/26/2014