S770PB Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 11/23/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: S770PB
This rig has 24 jumbo frets and the beautiful poplar burl finish. I love the versatility and the way the guitar handles.
 8.3
 7.5
review (1) pictures (1) 18 comments vote for this gear:
S770PB Reviewed by: guitarpig, on november 23, 2011

Purchased from: local store store

Features: Made in Indonesia in 2010, this rig has 24 jumbo frets and the beautiful poplar burl finish. It has INF1, INF2, and INFS1 pickups, a HSH combination. Its has a Strat type design with a deep cutout to hit the high notes. It has 1 volume and 1 tone control, 5 way switch, locking tuners, and the ZR tremolo system. Not to mention the new Wizard III neck. // 9

Sound: I play classic rock, rock, and a little metal. Everything from The Who to Deep Purple, Cream, Boston, Bad Co, etc. This guitar plays it all, a very versatile guitar! I have a Fender Mustang practice amp for home playing, and a Marshall JCM800 50 watt combo with a Behringer cab for jams and gigs. I use a DigiTech 355RP with this. The middle pickup with the right amp settings, I can get crisp 60's style sound. A flick of the switch, a stomp on the box, just about anything! I haven't found a style I can't play on this guitar! // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Have someone check the setup if you don't know how. Mine needed some minor adjustments. The finish was perfect, although the routing for the middle pickup was a little rough. I think the middle pickup is a little high, but that can be adjusted fairly easily. The quality overall is very good. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar seems rugged, durable, and well made. The hardware is solid, and seems to be of good quality. The strap buttons are solid, and the finish is beautiful. Picture do not do this guitar justice. I would gig with it, for sure. I never gig without a backup, so I cannot recommend that you do! // 10

Overall Impression: I have been playing guitar on and off for over 20 years, and own several guitars, including a 1982 USA-made Kramer Pacer, and a Gibson SG. I love the versatility and the way the guitar handles. The neck is so fast compared to my other guitars. This is the 1st floating bridge trem I've had, and am having a lot of fun with it. I would replace it if it were lost or stolen. // 9

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ GRG170DX 8.5 Electric Guitars 12/09/2014