VBT700 Review

Ibanez: VBT700
review (1) pictures (2) 9 comments vote for this gear:
VBT700 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 05, 2010

Purchased from: Daddys Junky Music ,ew Britian CT

Features: I saw this guitar hanging on the wall, and as an avid player for over 20 years, I knew from just the looks that it rocked. I took it down, saw that it was $199.00 and was like, ehh..."I'll try it" I always prefered the dual humbucker setuup, and I have a Jackson Rhodes w/ a Dimebucker, so I needed a Standard bridge guitar... And I wanted it to be a V. // 10

Sound: First of... "IT F**KIN RULES, ROCKS AND RENOVATES the sound of music. This IS my main Axe. I grew up in the 80's... Lynch being my favorite, I am a Shredder and damm prod of it. I have had Ibanez guitars all my life. I only own 1 other guitar, which is my Jackson. I have owned Jems, Satch models, pretty much any top-of-the line mode, I had or played for at least a month. For $200.00 out the door... This guitar putsthe rest to shame (except my Jackson, because it rules as its equal). All I did was buy a pair of Shaller Locking tuning keys and the thing will never go out of tune. Not that it ever did, I just like locking tuners. I can change the strings in 10min flat. Never had the thing give me any troble what-so-ever. I wouldn't take $25, 000 for this guitar. I got lucky on this one. Even my Jackson only cost me $175.00. I will never by a barnd new guitar again. I'll gladly accept one from Ibanez or anyone else who wants to give me one... but for $375.00 and an extra $150.00 in addons... I have my axe set-up that I'll play forever. I play a Ibanez 7 string I found at a tag sale for $30.00 witha scratch on the back about 2 inches long and a half inch wide that I fixed with a melted crayon, sandpaper, and laquer. THAT guitar has been sought after by all my buddies willing to give me $500-$800 for the thing. NOPE! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar looked like it came off the factory floor that day. If this was a woman... I would knock it up... a cuban cigar.. smoke it all in one shit... A marchall amp.. crnk it to 11. Its flawless. Go to www.myhitrecord.com type in stop, drop, kill and you'll hear this guitar recorded with no effects fro a Line 6 2x12 combo. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Never faild meThis guitar looked like it came off the factory floor that day. If this was a woman... I would knock it up... a cuban cigar.. smoke it all in one shit... A marchall amp.. crnk it to 11. Its flawless. Go to www.myhitrecord.com type in stop, drop, kill and you'll hear this guitar recorded with no effects fro a Line 6 2x12 combo. // 10

Overall Impression: 10, 10, 10. Its the Michael Phelps of guitars. You'll see it on the cover of Guitar World Magazine soon. First of... "IT F**KIN RULES, ROCKS AND RENOVATES the sound of music. This IS my main Axe. I grew up in the 80's... Lynch being my favorite, I am a Shredder and damm prod of it. I have had Ibanez guitars all my life. I only own 1 other guitar, which is my Jackson. I have owned Jems, Satch models, pretty much any top-of-the line mode, I had or played for at least a month. For $200.00 out the door... This guitar putsthe rest to shame (except my Jackson, because it rules as its equal). All I did was buy a pair of Shaller Locking tuning keys and the thing will never go out of tune. Not that it ever did, I just like locking tuners. I can change the strings in 10min flat. Never had the thing give me any troble what-so-ever. I wouldn't take $25, 000 for this guitar. I got lucky on this one. Even my Jackson only cost me $175.00. I will never by a barnd new guitar again. I'll gladly accept one from Ibanez or anyone else who wants to give me one... but for $375.00 and an extra $150.00 in addons... I have my axe set-up that I'll play forever. I play a Ibanez 7 string I found at a tag sale for $30.00 witha scratch on the back about 2 inches long and a half inch wide that I fixed with a melted crayon, sandpaper, and laquer. THAT guitar has been sought after by all my buddies willing to give me $500-$800 for the thing. NOPE! // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ Artcore AFS75T 9.3 Electric Guitars 07/10/2014