JS22 Dinky Review

manufacturer: Jackson date: 07/13/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Jackson: JS22 Dinky
For metal it's great as a back up or upgrade for some kid just getting away from their squire.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 7.5
 8.1
 7.5
 8.6
reviews (2) pictures (3) 21 comments vote for this gear:
JS22 Dinky Reviewed by: lithium17z, on july 13, 2012

Purchased from: Online

Features: Made in 2010 India, 22 jumbo frets. The finish is transparent, body style is cutaway. Bridge style string thru body, and passive electronics. Volume, tone & three way pickup switch. Dual Jackson Humbucker on neck and bridge of the guitar. Non-locking tuners and the accessories included are gig bag, string winder & bridge adjusting tool. // 8

Sound: It suits very well with my style of approach in different genre, I play rock n roll, pop rock, metal. I'm using Line 6 amp & Zoom G3 and sometimes I use Line 6 modeling which is selectable in the amp, the noise is negligible just gotta have the right knowledge i prefer reading manual. It's tone is great, this guitar can make almost all kind of pro sounds in so many variety. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar is well factory set the action is great. The pickup adjustments are very good, properly book matched top & Routed Bridge. The guitar is flawless wood quality is good, no rusted or oxidized hardware, tuning pegs are durable, cut nut set up is great, adjustable saddle, tone & volume control knobs looks attractive, three way pick up selector. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar definitely withstand live playing, the hardware seems in great look so far, solid strap buttons. I can depend on it, and I'll use on a gig without a back up. The finish is glossy looking which is very nice, it doesn't wear off with lots of playing. // 8

Overall Impression: I play heavy metal, rock n roll, hard rock, pop rock, and it is a good match, i been playing for 4 years, I own drum kit, ESP LTD Bass, Casio WK210 etc. If it were stolen i'll probably buy other series of same brand, I love the weight the sound and the tremolo effect, and also 24 frets. All I hate about is the non locking tuners. It is very good for low budged pros. A correct combination of strings which doesn't rust. // 8

JS22 Dinky Reviewed by: pistachiolopez, on august 02, 2010

Price paid: C$ 228

Purchased from: long&mcquade

Features: Lets see, its electric with Shark fin inlays, two humbucker pickups, 24 jumbo frets, 25.5" scale 3 way selector Switch and a volume and tone knob controlling everything. Made of indian cedro, rock maple bolt on neck, reversed headstock, vintage style tremolo and stock tuners. I'm only giving this a 6 because although everything fits well and does what its supposed to its not very hard to tell they used some pretty low budget parts, but for 228 bucks you can't really argue. // 6

Sound: It suits my style alright, I do mostly metal in all forms, but the pickups sound way to chirpy for my liking so they'll be gone asap and replacer duncans later on, however they do have alot of treble behind them(sweet for solos) and artificial harmonis ring out very clearly. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything fit tightly and was properley installedim not saying anything about the action because thats personal preferance of the player.the electric red finish looks awesome and the rosewood fretboard lets you glide lik your playing on glass, in all honesty the neck is probably the best thing on this guitar, as far as the tremolo, I never use the I find they get in the way but I'd imagine that with the stock tuners and bridge it wouldn't hold too well. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would withstand playing live its done it a couple times, the strap buttons on this hold great and they are wide enough to keep your guitar securley around your waist, the finish is great on mine but I've seen others that look like they've gone through hell just off a couple small bumps so I guess its hit and miss, wiith my Gibson lost do to lack of job I have no choice but to use this without a backup and it has yet to fail me. // 8

Overall Impression: For metal its great as a back up or upgrade for some kid just getting away from their squire, if it were lost I'd look 4 another one just because for the price its a great guitar although there are a few weakpoints, if it were stole I'd kill the sob that did it, not because its some incredible guitar but because its mine bought and paid for. I love the neck on it its great, smooth fills up my hand nicely and those inlays look sweet, also the strap buttons are solid as a rock which is a must for me because I never stand in one spot while playing, I'm usuall trying to pull off a solo on top of a pool table or bar stool and I'm pretty sure even a Gibson would take a nasty spill if dropped like that. The only things I wish this had were stonger pickups with more bottom end and a tune o matic style bridge other than that I'm pleased with what I got for the price. // 7

More Jackson reviews rating category latest review
+ RR24XT Rhoads 8.6 Electric Guitars 08/28/2014