JS30WR Warrior Review

manufacturer: Jackson date: 06/16/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Jackson: JS30WR Warrior
Indian cedro body, bolt-on maple neck with Indian rosewood fingerboard, Jackson CVR high-output humbucking pickups, adjustable string-through-body bridge and chrome hardware.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.2
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.4
 8.4
 7.6
reviews (5) 43 comments vote for this gear:
JS30WR Warrior Reviewed by: mrinal24, on january 08, 2007

Features: Made in 2006 in India. This monster has 24 jumbo frets and a rosewood fretboard that is super-fast for this price range. The body is very solid looking and feeling, and the finish is near flawless! it's a great shiny black colour, with the only problem being that it does attract dust and fingerprints. String thru body bridge which I was already used to, so no problems there. Controls are really basic, and I deducted points for that; I found just master volume and tone selection slightly deficient, but I really cannot complain after the amazing price! // 8

Sound: I play mainly heavy and thrash metal (think Metallica, Megadeth, Black Sabbath) and at the price this is the guitar for me. I ran it through a Marshall 15W, and the guitar does absolutely what I want it to do. On clean, it is wonderfully smooth, and with the distortion turned on it is a crazy monster! Master Of Puppets, Iron Man, get the crunch and insanity they deserve. Very fast neck, superb for soloing! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar arrived well set-up but badly out of tune. All the strings were tuned atleast ten steps down! I have heard of people complaining of a slightly high action, but mine suits me well. The pickups (2 monster Jackson humbuckers) perform perfectly, and arrived well-adjusted. The 3-way switch gives you the freedom for soloing or delivering crushing riffs. My guitar was in perfect condition, and had no flaws at all. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Going by looks alone, this is a stage guitar. I can picture crowds going crazy at the aggresive look and finish. The hardware seems pretty sturdy, but as I have had the guitar for only a week, I can't say for sure if it will last live playing. The finish is very pleasing, it not only looks good, but also seems durable. Top-class! // 8

Overall Impression: As mentioned above, I play metal and this guitar is a perfect match! For USD300, you'd be hard pressed to find a better axe for you metallic needs, amd with the actual performance, you get killer looks and the hallowed Jackson name. If it were stolen or lost I would definitely buy it again! I love the variety of sounds it makes, it's awe-inspiring looks and the top-quality fretboard. Before buying this I looked at an Epiphone LP and a Gibson Flying V, but the price and looks clinched it for me. If you are a beginner or moderately experienced, this guitar is great for you (the only requirement being you play metal). I highly recommend it! // 9

JS30WR Warrior Reviewed by: Metalbush, on december 04, 2006

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: Very aggressive looking guitar with 24 jumbo frets, alder body, bolt-on maple neck and Rosewood finger-board. These baby's are made india with diecast non-locking tuners and comes in three colours black, red and blue. This guitar features a double humbucker setup with two Jackson CVR2 pickups. The controls on this thing are fairly simple, master volume, master tone and a 3-way pickup selector. The bridge is a JT390 adjustable with a string-through-body. The hardware is all chrome. // 8

Sound: I play classic metal to thrash and a little death. This thing was built for this type of music in my mind, you get a nice crunchy chug-chug thrashy sound, and really heavy metal sound. Don't let this fool you though it's also sounds nice and bright when played through clean channels. I use a Marshall MG100DFX with this guitar most of the time, they really make a good match! I just love playing this guitar it sounds so brilliant and really sounds so professional. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: As far as I can tell my warrior was set up perfectly from the shop I bought it from on Ebay. The action is quite low which is good, everything was fitted very well and solid. The pickups and other hardware are fine and really setup well. As far as I can tell there's nothing wrong with it at all, the paintwork is fine. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar seems really solid and well built. The paintwork looks quite tough, though it probably wouldn't survive without a scratch, dint or chip if dropped so be careful butter fingers! I'd love to play this guitar at a gig when I get my band sorted and probably wouldn't need a back-up. The only thing is the finish gets really mucky about five minutes after I've polished it! // 7

Overall Impression: I owned one of these now for six months and looks like I am keeping it for good! It really is a quality guitar for the price. If this thing got stolen I would buy another or even save up the coppers and get the WRMG. Exellent guitar highly recommended for the dis-earing guitarist. // 8

JS30WR Warrior Reviewed by: Shyney, on december 08, 2008

Purchased from: Crains

Features: My guitar was made in 2008 in India... or as it says, Crafted in India. It has 24 frets, Rose wood neck with Jumbo frets. The body wood is solid with two Jackson humbuckers, and personaly, I want to change them, they don't give the hard-core sound the guitar looks like it needs but in all fairness they are pretty decent for standerd pick-upps. There is one tone controll, and one master volume with the togle which has 3 settings, neck, mid and bridge; the humbuckers it has offer a good tone for each, but I wouldn't really recomend it to a blues player... because the tone at the neck, although is "clean" dose have a slight dirt feel mixed in which you kinda like if I'm honest! The bridge style is a simple string-thru body, and the crome finish does go well with the guitars finish. // 7

Sound: The sound of the guitar generaly is decent, up on the bottem E, the tone is exelent has a nice resenation and is quite agressive, which is good for The Music I play. But... when you start to slip down the neck and brake into the B around 12 ish (this is on my guitar, I don't know if it's on every Warrior)the tone completly loses all smoothness and agressiveness, and starts to become quite harsh to listen to and when played acosticly it dose come through a bit more, and is a little worse, but plaied through an amp, and it's alright... admitidly the resenation it gives off can clash a little... but at the level this guitar is aimed for, it's an apsulute beast really! // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on the guitar is the best I've seen from a factory fit, in fact thinking bout it, I've never actually done anythin to the action incase I messed it up, so in that aspect it was impressivly good! The pick-upps were set up pretty nicely, and anyone Who dosent really know what they are looking for when they adjust pick-upps, with this guitar I wouldn't even bother, because really there wasn't much else I would have done to it. Although I did change the set up just to see the effect, and didn't really have much change. The bridge was properly routed, but the only thing I have ever had to do to it was file a bit of the nut off at the 6th string when the gage was to big for it, and that was mostly might fault anyway. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The reliability of this guitar is beastly! or it was with mine, I've had people run into the spiky part... and put bluntly he came off worse! I have acserdentaly let it slip of were it was being stood up once and it sliped off, and now on the 3rd fret, B string the fret board is dented making it almost impossible to bend because it could reck the whole fret board, but again... that's really my fault! And then to prove it all again... I had the guitar stap and it was across my back cause I was bending down to pick up a pick, and the stap came off (down to a bad strap which I have replaced and it's never happend again)the guitar fell from about 2 feet above the floor landing on the top of the head stock, which no lie is about. That wide, and only a chunk about that big came off, now for a guitars head stock to be able to come out of that with barly no damage is pretty good! Plus becuase of the nature of the desing it now looks pretty cool =P And although I'm guessing every one will say that the warrior JS30WR is the basic and is the beginers guitar, okay yeah, it is the basic but I think that small venues like pubs or house party, I would use it!! And I wouldn't need a back up at all! And I've played this guitar A LOT and nothin has worn, it's still as good looking as ever, and the bridge, humbuckers, neck, headstock, and body are still in just as good condition as ever, well exept for the odd scratch here and there, but over all, very impressive // 9

Overall Impression: I play mostly heavy stuff, and soon I'm hoping to get an ESP MH 53, jsut cause I can't be arsed with a Floyd Rose, and the guitar suits the playin I play really nicely, and I'm sure if I stuck some EMGs on it, it would be even better, but I think that for what it is, the guitar is awesome! and I probibly would buy the guitar again if it were broken or somethin (fingers crossed nothing happens to it or I will seriously kill who ever did it!) If I'm prefectly honest, I wish the tone was better lower down the strings around 12 ish, but that's only minor really. And the other guitars I compaired it with were no where near it for what I wanted, and in the price range I was looking at! // 8

JS30WR Warrior Reviewed by: TheShredifi, on march 04, 2011

Price paid: C$ 499

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

Features: The Jackson JS30WR Warrior I have is a 2008 model. I've been playing it for around a year and a half and it RIPS! It comes with 2 Jackson Humbuckers, 24 frets and it sounds beautiful when run through a Boss GT-6 effects pedal. The Neck wood is Mahogany and the body is Well painted. The system in it is not active but it does have great pickups. // 10

Sound: I personally play a range of types of rock, from the bands Bon Jovi to Children of Bodom. You can get all of those sounds through it. With its humbuckerts you can get a great wah sound when run through a pedal.This guitars strong suit types of music are Thrash Metal, Death Metal, Heavy Metal, Hard Rock and it does great with punk. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: It was setup so-so from the factory, the strings were tuned WAYT to low and the frets were barely filed. So I got them filed for a little cash but it was WELL worth it. A good thing was the Treble and rythym Switch was very tight. It wouldn't move while playing. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I do gig with this thing and it is very long-lasting. The finish hasn't shown any signs of wear. I've been gigging with this thing while my Les Paul Studio is at home. The Les Paul needs REAL strap locks. The thickness of the guitar will never interfere with your playing. It has the right thickness to have great sweaping and shredding. // 10

Overall Impression: I'm in a band called Plague and we play Thrash metal with a mix of screemo. This guitar plays a lot better than my Gibson, first of all the notes sustain much longer and better. Second it has that natural metal sound. I'm hoping to find some EMG 81/85 active pickups to throw in this thing to get the Zakk Wylde kind of solo sound. // 10

JS30WR Warrior Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 16, 2011

Features: Well, I won't lie I'm honesty not sure of the model, But it has the beautiful Jackson Warrior shape with a seemingly indestructable dark red finnish, it has a couple EMG's that like to sing, but prefer to roar. It doesnt't have a tremolo bar and the inlays are the Standard mother of pearl dots. I've even checked the Jackson website and it doesnt't seem to match any of their models, but I'm not to worried about that, all chrome components with the 3 way switch, neck, mid, bridge. One volume and 2 tone knobs. // 7

Sound: The Warrior is well accomodating to the many styles I play, great for my metal (such as Megadeth, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and Black Sabbath) and is real nice when I play stuff like some Anthrax, The Warrior even likes to sing with me when I'm feelin Beatles-y or want to play some blues. But I really can't tell you its full potential because the only amp I have is a 20 year old tiny Gorilla Amp. No noise on the swith and likes to screatch at me on the Bridge pickup sometimes, but I get the distinct feeling it's got a lot to do with my amp, I can't fully review on its full potential but I really like what I've seen and heard. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory settings are completely unknown to me because I'm at least 3rd generation owner of this thing, but when I got it, it was in beautiful condition, nothing was out of place, everything seems like it was placed in its proper position and assembled straight from the hands of Odin himself. However the previous owner left it out in the open with a swamp cooler so some components have trace amounts of rust, nothing I can't quickly fix. And when I got it I could tell it had been through hell and back because the whole instrument was covered in a disgusting film of grime. // 7

Reliability & Durability: As for durability I'd have to say I'm as of now uncertain, the body and neck, pretty much all of the wooden components are very sturdy, the frets and tuners are very solid I don't predict any problems with them, but the tuning nobs, the volume, and Switch even though they aren't loose seem to be very weak or almost fragile. The Bridge if very solid. The EMG's are seemingly indestructable they sound the same they did 5 years ago when I was barely introduced to the guitar world and this guitar was someone elses. // 7

Overall Impression: This guitar is a fair match for me, though I'm madly in love with my Greg Bennett MB1, the Jackson proves way stronger in metal and thrash, I generally use my other guitar but when I'm feeling heavy I'll grab up the Jackson in a heartbeat, but the Warrior proved to me it'll happily play some blues and heavier jazz with great tone and resonance. All in all it looks bad a-s, sounds badass, and can show you its hidden soft side with few complaints. // 9

More Jackson reviews rating category latest review
+ JS32T Kelly 7.6 Electric Guitars 05/13/2014