JS32T King V Review

manufacturer: Jackson date: 09/06/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Jackson: JS32T King V
Its a very good guitar for metal. I pick it up and it makes me want to relearn all the old Mega Deth riffs! It just screams 80's metal.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.1
 Features: 8.4
 7.9
 8.2
 7.6
reviews (7) pictures (3) 49 comments vote for this gear:
JS32T King V Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 03, 2010

Purchased from: Chandler's Music

Features: I'm reviewing the new JS32T King V from Jackson. I got it free in an even trade for an old PRS SE I never use and didn't want (so please don't try to tell me what a bad deal I got). It has a 24 fret, bolt on maple neck with a rosewood fretboard. It has the two stock Jackson humbuckers, with a three way switch, volume knob and tone knob. It is also string through body. It has the sharkfin inlays. Over all it looks like a metal beast =). I traded for it with a gig bag. I believe I got a good deal. I couldnt find what kind of wood it is made from, but I imagine it is some sort of alder. // 8

Sound: I play mostly metal, meaning a lot of 80's shred, and more modern metal like Killswitch Engage, Bullet For My Valentine, and Some core style stuff like The Devil Wears Prada. I've found at least usable tones for all of these genres. I've also used it for rock like the white stripes. It is a very versatile guitar for the money. The pickups will most likely be replaced soon. I'm considering Seymour Duncan Livewires. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Well, I got it from a store, and it was set up pretty well. I raised the action I tiny bit and got it feeling the way I wanted it. There were no sharp frets, dead notes, or anything of that nature, which surprised me considering its a low end instrument. Very good Craftmanship here. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Well, having only had it a week, I can't really comment here. It seems like its gonna be a really solid axe though. I would use it as my main guitar no problem. There s a bit of a neckdive problem, but the strap buttons are solid as can be. The finish seems like it will hold up for a long time, and it doesn't seem to scratch easily. Nice over all. I give it a 6 cuz only time wll tell over all. // 6

Overall Impression: Its a very good guitar for metal. I pick it up and it makes me want to relearn all the old Mega Deth riffs! It just screams 80's metal, but it woul work well in many genres. I've already used it for metal, classic rock, and a bit of blues. There is a nice full clean sound I like. Really stable guitar with tuning and for performances. I would recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive metal axe. This will last you as long as you need it. Definitely worth the money. I would replace it if something happened, but maybe someting with a trem. I chose this one on looks...but it worked out. I LOVE the Jackson profile neck. Its already improved my technique.I would tell every one to try it out. Great for such a low price. NOTE: I'm ranking this as a $300 guitar, not with all guitars in general! // 9

JS32T King V Reviewed by: satyricon666, on september 06, 2012

Price paid: A$ 300

Purchased from: Cash Converters

Features: I am writing this review for the Jackson JS32T King V. I had recently found this beauty hanging on the wall of my local cash converters for $300. Though second hand, it looked (still does) feel brand new. Not a scratch on it. The guitar features a 24 fret compound radius fingerboard made from Indian rosewood and also features the famous sharkfin inlays. The neck is a bolt-on, made from Maple and the body itself is made out of Indian cedro with chrome hardware. Other features on this Guitar are the CVR high-output, standard Jackson humbuckers and an adjustable string-through-body bridge. // 9

Sound: I play Thrash and Black Metal and this guitar suits the music that I play. At the moment, I use a Fender FM 212R amplifier, and a Zoom G1X multi-effects pedal. As soon as I brought this beauty of a guitar I plugged it into my amp and pedal, and played "The Call Of Ktulu" by Metallica, followed by "Black Magic" by Slayer. It has that old Thrash Metal sound we all know and love. I have also played some Black Metal with my Jackson, with songs such as "Tormentor Of Christian Souls" by Dimmu Borgir, "Forhekset" by Satyricon plus a variety of songs by Nargaroth, Darkthrone etc, including some of my own stuff. The guitar has a great sound with distortion and a nice clean crisp tone on clean mode. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Though I purchased this guitar second hand, it had a great finish, looked brand new without a mark or scratch on it. For a low end guitar, this beauty has not let me down other than the output jack which has come loose so many times. I haven't hit a dead note since I have had the guitar. The pickups were adjusted fine. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I find this guitar to be quite suitable for live performances, the hardware is fine, strap buttons have remained tight since I purchased it. Seems like a dependable Guitar to play at a gig, for those fast heavy songs. // 8

Overall Impression: For the music that I play, this guitar is almost perfect for me. I've been playing guitar for about 8 years now. I also own a Gibson Les Paul, Gibson EDS-1275, LTD EX-50 and a Harlem LTD F series copy, I love them all and I am quite proud to have introduced the Jackson JS32T King V to my growing guitar family. I have always admired Jackson Guitars, particularly the King V and the Rhoads models. This is actually the 1st time I have played on a Jackson Guitar, overall, I am impressed with the product. Beautiful guitar, I would recommend it to anyone who plays Metal. // 9

JS32T King V Reviewed by: Raptor195, on march 15, 2011

Features: Made in 2005 in India. It feautures 24 frets on a jumbo rosewood fretboard. Body is made of indian cedro, bolt-on neck is made of maple with an indian rosewood fretboard. Finish is satin, mine is red. Sharp-edged flying "V" body style. It has a String-thru body bridge. 2 passive Jackson CVR high-output covered humbucking pickups. Chrome Jackson hardware. No accesories as far as I know. // 7

Sound: It doesn't suit my music style. This guitar is made for shredders, and I don't play a lot of metal anymore. Again, one of the things my drummer kept gathering dust on his house. The pickups sound very well with the overdrive coming from the MG100HFX Marshall that I use with my band, although I would prefer active pickups for it. No noise coming from it in any setting, the cleans are actually poor and natural harmonics don't ring as much as needed, on the otherside artificial harmonics from the Bridge pup scream very well. Not a lot of variety of sounds from it, only good for any kind of metal, but I would recommend some active pickups for the best power. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: As far as I know, it came very well from the factory, as a string-thru body guitar, it was setup very well, but now, after years of loneliness it feels quite well, I only had to adjust the pickups, the bridge, and the knobs. It has a lot of flaws in the edges, but that is from the use it has received, the strings keep feeling too hard although I have already restringed it and adjusted the action and the neck. // 7

Reliability & Durability: It is too uncomfortable for me, but it would definetely withstand live usage, it has received lots of chips and dents but nothing to worry about. Hardware is not rusty yet, after being used only a little, and the strap buttons are really cool, they're very big and so won't fail. I would use it in a gig with a good backup guitar if I were a shredder, but I'm not. // 10

Overall Impression: This is not a good match for me, but it is not my guitar, I play it but it belongs to my drummer. For any shredder out there, it can be a good companion, although it lacks a floating Bridge such as a Floyd Rose, so it works best for a rythm guitar. I've played for six years now, and I own some mid quality guitars and a Tele, I don't play too much metal anymore, so I don't use this guitar a lot, and also I hate the body, you can't play with it while being on a seat, so it is not for taking or giving lessons. I wish it had a floating bridge, some active pickups, I don't know, if I played more metal, that's what I would like to have on a guitar. // 7

JS32T King V Reviewed by: Bazookajoe_666, on march 09, 2010

Price paid: C$ 358

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

Features: This guitar was made in 2010. A brand new Jackson King V from the Bloodline. It was made in Korea I believe, not too sure though because I don't have it here with me right now. Its got 24 frets on the neck, I'm not a big fan of guitars that don't. They just feel short and like they are missing something. But anyway. The body of the guitar is Alder as far as I know, that seems to be the Standard with Jackson guitars anyway so its a good assumption. The neck is a bolt on maple neck with a Rosewood fretboard I believe. Again, pretty basic stuff. I purchased my particular model in basic black. None more black? Eh? The bridge is a string through body design which I'm actually pretty fond of because its so easy to restring the guitar. But I'll have to make the leap someday and get a tremolo system too. Again very basic set up with volume knob, tone knob and 3 way pick up selector switch. Jackson CVR2 pickups. Standard Jackson tuners, non-locking. It was nice that Jackson through in a sweet gig bag for free, very nice stuff and heavy duty too! // 7

Sound: The guitar suits my musical style quite well, which is mainly metal but I do dable in other sorts of genres and sounds. I was very surprised at how nice the clean tones were when I got the guitar. Essentially it is a metal guitar. Its a Jackson King V, come on. Its got a fairly decent metal tone but always could be better because of the Standard Jackson pickups that come with it. Personally I'd rather some sort of EMG combo. There is a bit of static noise when you don't touch the guitar with the distortion turned on but thats almost expected for a guitar at that price. Just a grounding issue that can be easily fixed. The guitar can pretty much make any sound you want it to I suppose. Except fairly advanced stuff obviously. But you do get a nice full sound depending on the amp model. Very good cleans, good resonance. Just splash on some reverb and any other effect and you get very nice cleans. As for distortion? Thats you're personally preference. I like what this guitar gives me. I just wish I didn't have a Spider 3 amp haha. Next amp = Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was VERY low for a brand new guitar for this price. At the highest its about 3 mm and that's basically only on the 24th fret. The pickups are adjusted and placed nicely to go along with the lower action. Everything seems to be routed properly and in working order. The guitar did contain a few flaws when I got it home. NOTHING major though. The intonation wasn't set right, which I will fix once I get the proper screw driver. Simple. And the pot for the volume knob was burnt or something. Either way, the volume knob didn't turn the volume down, it was more or less a extra tone knob, very strange. But I've got it fixed now and the volume goes up and down fine. Also I am going to try to get some shielding inside the guitar to stop the majority of the static noise. Other than a few quality control issues, the guitar is great. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I haven't tested the guitar live yet but I imagine it'll hold up just fine. Its brand new. Pretty durable. Hardware looks great. No defects or anything like that, it all works great. I feel I can depend on it pretty well. Jackson have always made great products. Definitely would just it without a backup. Its called improvising if something happens. Finish looks well done, but ANY finish will chip off or get marked if you abuse it enough. // 8

Overall Impression: The aggressive style of music I play matches this equally aggressive looking and sounding guitar. I've only been playing for about 2 years and learned everything myself, no lessons. Currently my finances only allow me this guitar and my Line 6 amp but in the future I will have a MUCH better setup. I don't wish I asked anything, I just wished I had have tried it out in the store so they could have fixed the minor issues right away. If it we're stolen I definitely would buy another, its a great price for a pretty good guitar. I like pretty much everything about it. The feel, the tones, the look, everything. Some things I do hate is the static noise but thats normal and easy to fix. Favorite feature has to be the action of the strings, very surprised it was set so low. I basically just compared it to the older version of it and it is a BIG upgrade especially looks wise. Its a crime for a Jackson not to have sharkfin inlays. But feel wise, its also a big improvement. I chose it because I'm a V guy, no other guitar feels right. Probably will always play a V in some form or another. I just wish it was a KV2 King V. :D // 8

JS32T King V Reviewed by: belleraphon, on november 30, 2010

Features: It was made in 2010 in India. it has a 24 fret bolt on maple & rosewood neck, the body is made from Indian cedro. Mine had a black finnish, te bodu style is a "v" shape (duh). The bridge is tune o matic and the guitar is string through. It came with passive electronics, 1 volume, 1 tone, 3 way toggle. It has a H H pickup configuration, 2 Jackson "high output" cvr2 pickups. Plain jaclson tuners. The guitar came with a heavy duty gig bag and all the usual tools for adjusting the neck and bidge. // 8

Sound: When I plugged it in the first time (metal muff-->peavy bandit112) it sounded rather shit, the pickups did not have a lot of output, my old Ibanez adx 120 had much more output with its stock pickups. I play death metal, grindcore and shred. The pickups didn't fit my style, the guitar had some weird static noise that it made when you don't touch it and yeah its noisy when I play on full gain. Too solve the problems I replaced the pickups with Seymour Duncan blackouts, and got a Boss ns2 noise reduction pedal. Now the guitar is killer! Its a cheap guitar and I'm poor, but it plays great and sounds great with the new pickups. With the old electronics the guitar can make nice static sounds. Now it can make awesome metal tones that sounds great for rhythm or lead (depending on you amp, pedals and the way you play obviously). // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: The setup was OK, had to give it a proper setup after I changed the strings to 56-11 gauge. I suppose the pickups were adjusted OK maybe a little to low. Yes the guitar did contain flaws, noisy electronics and my toggle Switch cuts my signal now and then when I Switch to the neck pickup. // 8

Reliability & Durability: If my guitar was still with stock electronics there is no way in hell that I wil go play live with it. The bridge seems like it wil last but looks a bit cheap, I wil replace it soon. The strap buttons are realy solid. I wil take it to a gig without backup now that I upgraded the pickups. Only time wil tell if the finish wil last. // 6

Overall Impression: I play death metal, grindcore and do the whole shredding thing, the guitar is perfect for what I play. I have been playing for six years now. I wish I bought a better guitar but I live in South Africa were shit is realy expensive. I love the low action and the shape of the guitar. If it were stolen I would be realy pissed because I love my Seymour Duncan blackouts, don't care much about the guitar I just want the pickups back. I wish it had a mahogany body and better hardware and came with better electronics. // 7

JS32T King V Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 02, 2012

Purchased from: Amazon

Features: - Body Style: King V - Neck Type: Bolt-On Maple - Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm) - Scale Length: 25.5" (648mm) - Number of Frets: 24 // 10

Sound: I'm play Metalcore/Death Metal and tuning in Drop C, and really cool, was played with Friends and say: Sh-t! That f--king guitar sound really nasty! And, for me, that the best Guitar was can buy, into the JS Series. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The Finish that really good and the paint is well done and speaks for itself, only Jackson can do this type of guitar and finishes. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Last week, bring it to school and everyone wanted to take a photo with Jackson King V, I liked a lot, which means it is a high-performance guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: Everything is as I want, I recommend the Jackson King V guitar if looking for a leader but economic. // 9

JS32T King V Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 18, 2012

Purchased from: Jackson Guitars

Features: I bought this guitar on a whim, not knowing exactly what I was going to get. Man am I happy. The pickups are super hot, powerful as EMG passives, the guitar is solid, but super light and easy to play. Action is set low, although I had to reset the intonation. Only downside is that the guitar is top heavy. Overall, great buy, get this before Jackson realizes they priced it wrong! // 10

Sound: 80's Metal, Original Song and pickups are amazing, perfect for metal, people say that the pick ups are noisy but that's but that's because they can't handle the power of jackson. There is only one flaw, you can't sit down to play this guitar, it'll slip off your knee. But does it matter. You have to stand up for this guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: plays great the action is low and the neck has a great feel to it.As far as how it sounds I can't say because when I bought mine it had Seymour Duncan pickups it it. Its comfortable to play standing and sitting and stays in tune great! This guitar is great for beginners and experienced players. // 9

Reliability & Durability: When I got this guitar, I was so happy to have my first V, and that's exactly what it is: your first V. Not very good for playing live, pick-ups are noisy. Of course some EMG's can fix that, but after spending 300 on this tar, then 200 on EMGs, you might as well buy the ESP V-300 which already has EMGs. Goes out of tune, something a gigging musician does not need. If you are a beginner and are NOT performing live and/or recording, this is a good guitar. If you're a little more experienced and play shows a lot like I do, get something else. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar should cost way more that it does.It plays great the action is low and the neck has a great feel to it.As far as how it sounds I can't say because when I bought mine it had Seymour Duncan pickups it it. It's comfortable to play standing and sitting and stays in tune great! This guitar is great for beginners and experienced players. // 10

More Jackson reviews rating category latest review
+ RR24XT Rhoads 8.6 Electric Guitars 08/28/2014