JS32T Warrior Review

reviews (3) pictures (2) 70 comments vote for this gear:
JS32T Warrior Reviewed by: j-falafel, on february 22, 2011

Price paid: C$ 500

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

Features: Made in India, this guitar was made fresh when I ordered it from Fender, in May 2010. It features 24 jumbo frets with the Jackson trademark Shark fin inlays on a rosewood fingerboard. It's a solid-top basswood guitar that I bought in black with the trademark Warrior body style and Jackson headstock. The Bridge is a string-through body which gives it great sustain. The pickups are two active Jackson humbuckers, a Bridge pickup and a neck pickup. There is one volume control and one tone control. Non-locking tuners, not sure the brand. The guitar came with a couple hex wrenches, a gig bag, and an instruction manual. // 8

Sound: This guitar sounds incredible. Although it is inexpensive, it is quite a guitar. I play mostly metal, everything ranging from metalcore like Bullet for My Valentine and As I Lay Dying to classic thrash like Metallica and even death metal. It suits all of those perfectly, in look AND sound. I find it really well suits Bullet and Metallica, two bands that use Jackson guitars. The neck pickup is a great pickup for clean tones, and it sounds almost exactly like Metallica's clean tone on my amp. I use a Line 6 Spider IV 15 and a DigiTech RP155 and they work together very well. I find it noisy when I'm playing with my band and I don't mute the strings and just kind of stand still, talking. Playing though, that wouldn't be a problem. This guitar also handles pinch harmonics excellently but you can't do any dive bombs because of it's string through body. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar came in almost perfectly set up, except I had to adjust the Bridge a little because the high E was not working with the Bridge well. It came in perfectly tuned to Standard with the pickups adjusted very well. Everything was perfect when I got it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can withstand live playing, yes. Its hardware is a little iffy though, because on one of the tuning pegs the chrome formed a bubble that I can't get rid of, that made me mad. Also, the input is pretty bad as it is the same as a Stratocaster's. It comes loose pretty easy, but you can avoid that by screwing it in reeeeeeally well. The strap buttons haven't once come loose on me, I trust them well. I can depend on this guitar, but I don't know if I would use it in a gig without a backup, mainly because I think of this as my tune-to-everything guitar, so I use it for dropped tunings when my BC Rich with a double-locking trem can be used as a Standard tuning guitar. This guitar could handle a gig without a backup though. The finish can last, but I've chipped bits of it because I keep whacking the body into things. // 10

Overall Impression: As I said, I'm a metal guitarist mainly. It's a perfect match for any metal guitarist out there, especially if you want a lower price (Use 9 gauge strings with it, they are perfect). I've been playing for a year and a half, but I get a lot of people that tell me I'm an "amazing" guitarist for that long. I own a Squier Bullet Strat, a BC Rich Kerry King Wartribe, a Yamaha FG700S, a Vantage that I bought off my friend that I know nothing about, a Line 6 Spider IV 15, a DigiTech RP155, and a lovely Planet Waves cable. Before I bought this I would've asked the people to give me a different input jack because I'm sick of those kind. If this were stolen of lost I would definitely buy another one because I can't live without this guitar. I love everything about it almost. I hate the input jack. My favorite feature would have to be the pickups though, because they sound amazing. I compared it to a couple of King V's and a Randy Rhoads, and I decided on this because of its comfortability and ability to play while sitting down. I almost wish this had a double-locking tremolo because I think it'd be awesome with one, but I don't need one because this is my tune-to-everything guitar! I do, however wish it had a different input jack. // 10

JS32T Warrior Reviewed by: Dan Oldham, on april 29, 2011

Purchased from: Carpenter's World of Music

Features: - Made in 2010 or 2011 - 24 jumbo frets - solid top - basswood body, rosewood neck - "star" body shape - Jackson "licensed by Floyd Rose" bridge/tremolo - active electronics - volume, tone, 3-way selector - 2 Jackson humbuckers - Jackson tuning keys - gig bag, allen wrenches, owners manual (a card with info) included // 8

Sound: I play a lot of Metal, and this guitar holds its own. I use a Line 6 UX2 to go with the guitar. I don't notice a lot of additional noise while paying. The sound is very "Metal, offering a lot of treble and mid-range punch. It also sounds fairly decent on a clear channel. This guitar can make any sound that anything else will with a tremolo, EXCEPT for divebombs. The tremolo is not a floating variety. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory setup was okay at best. I've spent a total of around 2-3 hours tweaking things like the tremolo claw, string action, and string tension. The pickups were adjusted fine. I haven't had any problems with them. The Bridge was properly aligned and routed. All of the hardware appears to be of decent quality. The guitar looks like the brand new guitar it is. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I'm not sure whether this guitar will withstand live playing, but I don't see why it wouldn't. The hardware isn't fancy, but in my opinion, it isn't of poor quality, either. The strap buttons are solid. I have confidence in them, but I would suggest strap locks. I certainly think this guitar would be dependable to use on a gig without a backup. The finish doesn't seem any worse than the finish on any other guitar. // 8

Overall Impression: I play a lot of Metal. This guitar fits the bill perfectly. I've been SERIOUSLY playing guitar for around 2.5 years now. I also own other high-quality instruments, such as a Custom Warmoth guitar, and USA-made Fender Telecaster Plus. I normally use a Line 6 UX2 while playing. I can't think of anything I wish I had asked prior to purchasing this guitar. I love that the beefy neck feel, and the surprising comfort whether sitting or standing, despite its radical shape. I also love its radical shape, and its sound. The string tension is a little bit tight, despite switching from the factory .010 gauge to .009 gauge strings. I also wish the tremolo was of floating variety. I don't hate anything in particular about this guitar. I don't have a particularly favorite feature about this guitar. It feels solid, plays and sounds nicely, and is just a very enjoyable instrument to play. When I purchased this guitar, I wasn't even considering a Jackson of any type. I went to the store with the intention of purchasing a Gibson Epiphone Les Paul Standard. I came across a Jackson Kelly (JS32), which is a guitar I like, and decided to play it. I liked it better than the Epiphone Les Paul. Then, I spotted the Jackson Warrior (JS32), and fell in love with it before I even had it plugged in for 5 minutes. I took it home with me. The only things I wish it had were a "real" Floyd Rose tremolo which was of the floating variety, and slightly looser string tension. A better factory setup would have been nice, too. // 8

JS32T Warrior Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 16, 2012

Features: I got this guitar in 2011, and it was "crafted with quality in India". The scale for this guitar is 24.75" with Jumbo frets on a beautiful Rosewood fretboard on a neck of maple. It's bolted onto a solid basswood piece I believe. Came with a nice, shiny black finish. Standard equipment for it included a Tuno-o-matic bride, volume, tone, 3-way selector, Jackson passive humbucking pickups, and Jackson non-locking tuners. // 9

Sound: This guitar suits me and my music VERY well. It's stock pickups got a bit of kick in em. I run it through monster gold rock cables, a DOD Death Metal Distortion pedal, and into a Peavey Vypyr 15W. That has a very good sound for any metal. Can do very glassy highs and the lowest of chugging. I use the monster gold cables to help keep the fuzz down; noisy amp and pedal. Currently I have Seymour Duncan pickups installed (invader- bridge, fullshred-neck) and the combo I have takes a bit of effort, but performs superbly. Full shred cuts through good for solos and then the invader gives a good crunch to any riff. For stock though, I give it an 8. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I got this guitar and instantly fell in love with it. Everything seemed as if it was set up just for me to play. Pickups placed right, bridge aligned and set good, frets the perfect size, action precisely where it needed to be. I have seen no flaw in the guitar other than what I have accidently done to it myself. At one point in time the volume knob became loose but that was fixed easily. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has help up quite well in my opinion. Everything is pretty solid with this guitar. The finish is pretty sensitive though to scratches. They aren't bad scratches but they're visible in the right light. I've played this guitar easily about 4 hours a day for the last 10 months and the paint doesn't seem to be rubbing off. However, on the bridge the chrome is starting to come off where I palm mute, but that is just from playing so much and does not effect playability. In addition to its durability, there's been some times where it's hit a wall or two, and there's barely a dent. Just an awesome guitar. // 8

Overall Impression: I play technical death metal, deathcore, melodic death metal, and more. The look of this instrument alone suits this and the sound ties it all up. I've been playing for about two years self taught (I'm really quite a natural at it). I bought this guitar solely on the fact that I liked some completely different Jackson guitar's neck, but it all worked out much better than expected. I would definitely replace this if it was ever lost or stolen. There really isn't anything I hate about this guitar. I love the look, its sound, its playability, just, everything! I've tried out similar body styles as the Warrior but it beats them hands down. // 10

More Jackson reviews rating category latest review
+ JS32 Rhoads 8.5 Electric Guitars 11/05/2014