King V KVXMG Review

manufacturer: Jackson date: 06/26/2013 category: Electric Guitars
Jackson: King V KVXMG
The new X Series from Jackson revolutionizes the company, this King V KVXMG is from another world, the finish, the sound is excellent.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.5
 Action, Fit & Finish: 9.5
 9.7
 9.4
 9.9
reviews (2) pictures (4) 9 comments vote for this gear:
King V KVXMG Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 04, 2012

Purchased from: Amazon

Features: - Series: X Series - Body Shape: King V - Body Wood: Basswood - Body Finish: (503, 569) Gloss Polyester, (576) Gloss Polyurethane - Headstock: Jackson Pointed 6 In-Line - Neck: Maple, Through-Body Maple Speed Neck with Tilt-Back Scarf - Joint Headstock - Neck Binding: 1-Ply White - Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12 to 16 Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4mm) - Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin - Frets: 24, Jumbo - Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm) - Bridge: Floyd Rose Special Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo - Pickups: EMG 81 Humbucking Pickup (Bridge) EMG 85. // 10

Sound: The EMG 85 and 81 its really Cool, strong, fast and outstanding, all you need to play Death Metal, stunning guitar. About the floyd rose tremolo and is very good, the tuning stays for a long time, and does a good vibrato lever, better, impossible. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The new X Series from Jackson revolutionizes the company, I not tried the other X series guitars, but this King V KVXMG is from another world, the finish, the sound is excellent. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The intense black of the guitar is perfect, and dark tone with the pickup, the floyd rose is a really good black tone, making it perfect with the black guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: The floyd rose is good, the pickup, everything is at the forefront, I feel very fortunate to have this guitar. // 10

King V KVXMG Reviewed by: samsgotguitars, on june 26, 2013

Purchased from: Willcutt Guitars

Features: - Neck Shape: Through-Body Maple Speed Neck with Tilt-Back Scarf Joint Headstock - Number of Frets: 24 - Fret Size: Jumbo - Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin - Fretboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm) - Fretboard: Rosewood - Neck Material: Maple - Nut Width: 1.6875" (43 mm) - Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm) - Headstock: Jackson Pointed 6 In-Line - Products Specs Electronics - Pickup Configuration: H/H - Bridge Pickup: EMG 81 Humbucking Pickup - Neck Pickup: EMG 85 Humbucking Pickup Switched for a 60 - Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup - Finnish: Snow White // 10

Sound: My current style is mostly metal that is popular in Europe. I like to have a good heavy tone but still have an edge to it (play in standard E). The EMGs and V shape do help in getting that tone. While the 81/85 pup combination is popular, I couldn't help but take advantage of EMGs new solderless pick ups. I did some switching around and settled on a 81(bridge) and 60 (neck) set up to help me get a heavy but sharp tone. My rig is a Black Star HT Dual through a Boss EQ to my Peavey 5150 1st edition. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Like any new guitar, had some setting and adjusting but that is something to expect. The action took some adjusting but I got it to where I like it which for a live guitar is moderately low so that way I can do leads/solo's and still have some tone with the chords. Out of the box, everything is fine. Over a year, I notice some rust spots on the saddle but seems to be only a minor cosmetic. The pickups are adjusted just fine but if you know what you are doing, you can easily set them. Overall, the guitar feels great and suits my playing perfectly. // 9

Reliability & Durability: While I've loved the sound and feel of the guitar, I've had an incident where a string broke on stage (at the bridge) and knocked out of tune. While there are several factors but my theory was going from ridding in a car in the summer to an AC control club. I've since then learn to set it out of the case when I arrive to give it a chance to adjust to the temperature. So far, I've have not had any other issues with it. As for durability, I take extra steps to take care of it. I make sure the guitar is in the case or on a good stand (Hercules are best for V's and other odd shape guitars) so it won't get chipped on points like other Jacksons. // 8

Overall Impression: As a 30 something player that's been playing hard rock/metal since his early teens, this guitar has what I want without breaking the bank. The KVXMG to me is at an apex to where you get what you pay for before going into diminishing returns. It holds it's own quite well against the American and high end Japanese counterparts. If this was lost or stolen I would more likely track the thief down and cave his head in while getting this back. This is a good guitar if you are a long time weekend warrior that plays locally, this would be the best guitar. // 10

More Jackson reviews rating category latest review
+ RR3 Rhoads 8.9 Electric Guitars 12/12/2014