KV3 Review

7.1
review (1) 22 comments vote for this gear:
KV3 Reviewed by: Spitty33, on march 25, 2009

Purchased from: eBay

Features: Most likely a 1998/1999 Japanese Model this guitar is an outstanding axe. It has 22 frets with sharktooth inlays, locking nut and licenced Floyd Rose bridge. It has a Seymour Duncan pickups with a 3-way selector, Jazz Model SH-2 in the neck. Sadly I'm not quite sure about the bridge pickup. This V has a solid black finish with satin chrome hardware, 1 Tone and 1 Volume knob. // 9

Sound: I mainly play Metal from Thrash through progressive to Heavy. I'm a huge fan of Megadeth and Metallica. I play all my guitars through a Line 6 Spider III 75w using the insane setting for distortion or on the clean setting this guitar works extremely well with my style of music and even holds a candle to my Dean Mustaine VMNT1. It punches through with screaming distortion, whilst producing warm cleans. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The tremolo and pickups were perfectly set-up and adjusted when I recieved this guitar. The chrome hardware on the volume/tone knobs was a bit discolored but that's to be expected with a guitar as old as this one. The action on this guitar is perfect, I could pick it up, tune it and play it straight out of the case. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The finish on this guitar is amazing, it's just beautiful. The strap buttons could be better but I would definatly gig with this guitar minus the crazy stage moves. I cannot see any reason to have a backup guitar when this baby is in your hands, it's a solid well rounded guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall this is one perfect metal axe. I have only been playing 8 months but in this time I feel I've progressed well in style and knowledge. It's extremely comfortable for a V to sit and play. If anything happend to it I would definatly buy it again, that being I could actually get my hands on another. If this guitar had another two frets and an extra volume knob it would be perfect. I also own a Dean Mustaine VMNT1 and an Epiphone Futura FX, this guitar can sit proudly next to my other two. // 9

More Jackson reviews rating category latest review
+ Mark Morton Dominion D2 8 Electric Guitars 04/17/2014