Matt Tuck Signature Rhoads Review

manufacturer: Jackson date: 05/03/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Jackson: Matt Tuck Signature Rhoads
This guitar, as the name suggests, was made by Jackson in conjunction with Bullet for My Valentine lead singer and guitarist, Matt Tuck.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.5
 8.2
 8.7
 7.6
reviews (2) pictures (4) 137 comments vote for this gear:
Matt Tuck Signature Rhoads Reviewed by: Aj1991, on december 03, 2010

Price paid: A$ 2600

Purchased from: Bavas Music City

Features: This guitar, as the name suggests, was made by Jackson in 2009(not 100% positive of the year) in conjunction with Bullet for My Valentine lead singer and guitarist, Matt Tuck. Made in Japan, it has a Rhoads design and neck-thru-body construction. The neck itself is quite thin and has 22 jumbo frets which makes it ideal for playing fast leads. It features active EMG pickups, 81 for the bridge and 85 for the neck, Sperzel locking tuners, a JT390 adjustable bridge with string-thru body, a master tone and volume knob, graphite nut, and a 3 position toggle switch. It should also be noted that it has a reversed headstock which obviously won't be to everyones liking but I personally love the look of it. It also came with a moulded case. This guitar can best be described as an RR1T with the afformentioned reversed headstock and EMG pickups rather than Seymour Duncans. The guitar comes in three finishes. White with black bevels, black with silver sparkle bevels and sivler sparkle with black bevels. // 9

Sound: I bought this guitar with the intention of only using it for drop tuned metal and, well, it has performed flawlessly. I've been using it through my Peavey Vypyr 75 amp without a noise gate or anything of that nature. On a high gain setting, the guitar sounds great. On a clean setting, not so great. It just feels a little weak for my liking. Its pretty clear that this guitar wasnt designed for much other than metal which, like I said before, is ok because that is the soul reason I bought it in the first place. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Out of the box, this guitar had a very low action which resulted in alot of fret buzz. The bridge pickup would also cut in an out while being used exclusivly but like the low action, was easily fixed. Other than these two minor problems the guitar is flawless. Not a single scratch, chip, or spot of rust which is always a good thing. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar feels like it was built to last. The input jack feels good, the strap buttons are surpisingly big and feel strong, and like I said before, the finish is flawless and seems like its going to last a long time. The guitar has a pretty basic setup due to the lack of a Floyd and there isnt really much that could go wrong with it so yeah, I would use it without backup. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for about 6 years now and this is definetly one of the best guitars I have played in that time. It suits my style down to a tee and there isn't much I would change about it. The one minor gripe I have with this guitar is that the inlays are a little plain but its not a deal breaker. The thing I love most about this guitar is definetly the finish. I chose the silver sparkle finish which obviously won't be for everyone but it really does look great in the light. If it were stolen I would definetly try and get another one, its just THAT good. All in all, if you play metal music and like the Rhoads body design, definetly consider this next time your in the market for a new guitar. // 9

Matt Tuck Signature Rhoads Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 03, 2012

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: The Facts of Jackson Matt Tuck Signature Randy Rhoads: - Body Wood: Alder - Body: Rhoads - Pickguard: Black Anodized Aluminum - Neck: Maple, continuous - Fingerboard: Ebony - Scale Length: 25.5 "/ 648mm - Frets: 22 Jumbo - Inlays: MOTO Chevron position inlays - Bridge Pickups: EMG 81 - Neck Pickup: EMG 85 - Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone - Pickup Switching: 3-way toggle - Hardware: Black - Bridge: JT390 Adjustable Bridge with strings-Through-body - Tuners: Sperzel locking die-cast - Including original Jackson Deluxe V-Series case - 1 year free check and setup service. // 9

Sound: It is clear that only play Metal, a sound output very very rough and strong, with a Marshall amp, you can get all its power. The bad: sucks not having a tone control. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Mine is black, and indeed is very cute and has a charm like no other guitar has the Inverted head and gives a different look to a Randy Rhoads, the inlays are different, designed by Matt Tuck, of course, Total perfect. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I played live with Jackson Matt Tuck Signature, and is my partner now, there is chemistry, the best buys I've done, of course, the price is worth it. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar spend the rest of my life with me, that's for sure. // 9

More Jackson reviews rating category latest review
+ RR3 Rhoads 8.9 Electric Guitars 12/12/2014