USA KV2 King V Review

manufacturer: Jackson date: 03/13/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Jackson: USA KV2 King V
This is a 2007 USA made King V with 24 jumbo frets. This thing is the best sounding metal guitar I have ever played.
 8.7
 9.7
 7.6
reviews (2) pictures (10) 39 comments vote for this gear:
USA KV2 King V Reviewed by: I<3Gibson, on july 07, 2011

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: This is a 2007 USA made King V with 24 jumbo frets. Its neck thru with a compound raidus ebony finger board with sharkfin inlays. The neck is quatersawn hard rock maple. The body is alder and has the lightning sky paint job (witch is bad a-s). The Bridge pup is a Seymor Duncan Scott Ian sig and the neck is a JB. The Floyd Rose Orignal trem round out the Features of this guitar. // 10

Sound: This thing is the best sounding metal guitar I have ever played. People say you can play metal on a Les Paul well this guitar says your paul sounds like shit doing it. The olny thing that comes close to this thing in tone is my Handmade BC Rich. But it dosent end with the metal sound. The JB pup also dosent do a to shabby of a job playing some jazz and blues too. Its not the classic blues or jazz sound it kind of has its own unique spin on it. The notes are clearer and its more punchy. I put this guitar up aganst a Les Paul Standard in a sastian test and it won. This thing sastains for days. They Floyd Rose dosent kill it ether, whoever says that is a moron. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on the King V is extra low. The pups were adjusted right and the paint job is flawless. Their were a few problems on this guitar. One of the screws for the truss rod cover was stripped out. And the Bridge pup wasent grounded properly. But other that that nothing major. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This was my main guitar for 3 years. Its played over 100 shows and recorded 2 albums and is still going strong. I still use it live along with my BC Rich today. Jackson has some of the best strap buttons but I still replaced them with straplocks. I do this on all my guitars. The finish is tough on this one. I've bashed it who knows how many times and aside from a tiny chip on the end of the v nothing. Using a Floyd Rose Equpied guitar without a back up is dumb. But if it had no trem I would use it without a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: For a metal guitar this is the king. In 10 years of playing I haven't found anything that sounds better than this guitar for metal. And its better than most for doing other styles too. If it were lost or stolen I would find it, stab the guitar through the person who stole it, then proceed to play "A Lesson In Violence" with them still impaled through the guitar. Ok Les Paul fans this is were I own you. don't tell me you can't compare the paul to this. You say you can play metal well on your pauls. So I compared it to the Les Paul Standard and the Gibson V. This guitar had a better sound. The notes were clearer and the attack was far better. The playability of this guitar wipes the floor with them(the olny guitar that I've played that was better playability wise is my B.C. Rich Handmade). Sustain wise this guitar was better than both, Floyd Rose and all. The finger boards on the 2 gibsons were sticky and I felt sluggish playing them, while the King V was smooth and easy to play on (this is because of the ebony board). The Jackson King V out classes both Gibsons by far in both playability and sound. The finish on the Jackson was better too (I also think the lightning sky paint job is cool as well). Now don't give be the you can't compare argument because its 2 diffrent guitars. Because the Jackson also sounded better doing clean stuff as well. // 9

USA KV2 King V Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 13, 2012

Features: Custom Made Jackson KV2 from Jackson USA Custom Shop. - Alder Body - Quartersawn Eastern Hard Rock Maple,preferred Bolt On Neck. - Compound Radius Ebony Fingerboard. - Preferred Chrome Hardware - Seymour Duncan Blackout Bridge Pickup + Duncan Design Standard Neck Pickup. - Original Flloyd Rose Tremolo System. - Pearescent Blue Finish - Shark Fin Inlays. - Came With Custom Case, Jackson Strap And Essentials // 10

Sound: If you play metal, rock or blues, This is the guitar for you. I've owned many guitars over the years, everything from a B.C. Rich Draco, Gibson Les Paul, Ibanez XPT700, a Schecter Synester Standard and an Micheal Amott Dean Tyrant. Each of these guitars, respectfully have there own sound, however, to me, the Jackson KV2 sounds better, feels better and looks better. This guitar is perfect for shredders, as the jumbo frets make it easier to sweep. Its also great for strumming, as the tone is very clean. A guitar I would recommend to everyone. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was perfectly set up by the Jackson Custom Shop. The Floyd Rose Was Set Right, The Pickups were set right and all the hardware was just right. Not too loose or tight. Now, I personally liked the look of the chrome hardware, most of the KV2's come with the black hardware. I figured that the chrome wouldn't wear away as fast, and I was right. The Wood wasn't cracked, and there were no dings in the finish. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The Flloyd Rose really helps keep this beast in tune. For the amount that I play this guitar (2-3 hours a day) I usually have to retune it about once a week. This guiatr has been played live at least 50 times, and I've always relied on it to stay in tune, and keep sounding good. All the hardware has lasted the last two years, not a single thing has gone wrong with this guitar. If it wasn't for the Flloyd, I would deffinatly play a live show without a backup. The finish is strong, its been beaten up quite a bit (Thanks, Westjet) the case I got with the guitar was destroyed during a flight. Other than that, its held up real good. // 10

Overall Impression: I Play Alot Of Melodic death metal (Arch Enemy, etc.) And this is my main guitar. I own three other guitars (B.C. Rich Beast, Ibanez GIO And Dean Razorback) which serve as my backup guitars. I would definatly purchase the same guitar (but I have insurance so it will replace itself). I absolutely love Everything about The Jackson KV2. As I Said before, I would recommend this guitar to any guitarist. I've Been playing for ten years, and I think my guitar skill has improved over the last 2 I've had the KV2. THIS GUITAR HAS A HUGE PRICETAG>>> BUT I PROMISE YOU WONT REGRET IT. // 10

More Jackson reviews rating category latest review
+ RR3 Rhoads 8.9 Electric Guitars 12/12/2014