JT-100 Review

9.8
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
JT-100 Reviewed by: JamesxHetfield, on november 24, 2008

Purchased from: The Music Oasis

Features: This guitar for me is great. It's a basic Les Paul Knock-off. I had went to The Music Oasis one time when we were driving by, and we looked at guitars. I had been playing the acoustic for about a year and I asked my parents for an electric for christmas that year. So when I was looking at the guitars, I didn't know anything about a guitar at that point but I knew that Slash and my guitar teacher played guitars that looked like this. So I picked this one. I haven't been let down once. Now I'll get to the point: I don't know what year it was made in probably 2007. It has 22 frets and a Rosewood fretboard. It's a plain-top Cherry Sunburst which is really well done. It's a two piece (I think) Well it's a bolt-on neck. It's basically a Tune-o-Matic bridge and it stays in tune well. There are 2 volume and 2 tones pots for the Rhythm and Treble pick-ups. I don't quite know what the tuners are called. Note: the gig bag is a piece of crap and I recomend getting a hardshell case. // 10

Sound: It suits my music style great. I play Rock N' Roll and Metal, and it plays it just fine. All I own is a crappy 10 watt practice amp but it still sounds good. You can't really get the full potencial of it unless you plug it into a Marshall because it sounds great. it's got a nice full sound to it. You get a nice crunch out of the Treble pick-up and a warm tone when you put it on the rhythm. I can get the exact GN'R tone with it simply by putting Treble at 7, Bass at 6, and Middle at 4.5 on my amp. it's great. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set-up very nice when I got it. The only problem is that if you don't have at least 10 gauge strings the 5th fret on the high e string buzz's. I haven't had to do anything with the guitar, except take the pick-guard off, but that's just for personal preference. I got my guitar with a dent in the guitar and there's a brown spot underneath the paint but the dents on the side. They aren't very noticable but they're still there. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I think it would do fine live, it stays in tune for weeks unless it's really hot or the tuners get hit on something so that gets rid of the problem that it would go out of tune. the Hardwar is fine. Nothing has fell of or broke yet. One of the strap buttons came loose and the hole was stripped so I just super-glued it and I haven't had problems. I'm going to get Strap locks. I'm pretty sure I can depend on it. I've played it front of people and it didn't screw up so it's gig worthy. You wouldn't need a back-up unless you planned to burn/smash it onstage which I wouldn't recomend. // 9

Overall Impression: THis is a great match for Hard Rock and Metal. I love ripping out a Guns tune on it. It feels great when you can sound exactly like the record and just play along, it's pretty sweet.I've been playing for about two years now and this is an over all awesome guitar. This is probably the best starting guitar you could ask for. I own two other acoustics and two classicals and they all play great (except the one acoustic but it's from Giant Tiger and everything is literally falling off of it) I don't think I needed to ask anything before purchasing this guitar. I probably wouldn't buy a second one of these because to me this is just one of a kind. it wouldn't be the same if I just bought another one. I've played a Squier Strat, and some other Washburn guitar that were both starters guitars and this blows them out of the water. it's great. Obviously an Epiphone Les Paul is better and especially a Gibson, but this is a very good copy. Kudo's to Jay Turser. // 8

More Jay Turser reviews rating category latest review