JT-137 Review

manufacturer: Jay Turser date: 04/11/2006 category: Electric Guitars
Jay Turser: JT-137
It's a clasic rock guitar. Turn off the distortion, the neck pickup becomes airy and creates lots of headroom, and jazz sounds are perfect.
 9.3
 8.6
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
JT-137 Reviewed by: mfest, on april 11, 2006

Purchased from: Local Store

Features: - Double cutaway - Semi-hollow - Thin line body with - Flame maple top - Maple set neck - Rosewood fingerboard - Block & triangle inlay - 2 covered pickups - 2 volume, 2 tone controls - Adjustable bridge - Gold die-cast machines // 7

Sound: It's a clasic rock guitar. Hands down. With a good amount of gain on the neck pickup I can get the cream era eric clapton sound no problem. Turn off the distortion, the neck pickup becomes airy and creates lots of headroom, and jazz sounds are perfect. With the bridge and a medium distortion, led zepplen seemed to eminate from this guitar, and just about anyone else with a semi-hollow at the time. Recently I replaced the bridge pickup with a seymoure duncan invader and its got some of the nastiest sounds around, and the feed back is little to none. great guitar overall. my first "real guitar." // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Out of the box it sounded fine. No problems, but the action was a little high. A proper setup took care of that in no time, and now, everyone who plays it love the neck and the increadably low action. The flamed maple top looks amazing, looking like its worth 5 times its actual price. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've played this guitar a number of times live and I've yet to have a problem. The hardware is the only real downside to this guitar. I replaced the tuners with locking sperzel's and the strap buttons with dunlop locking straps. Dependable year in and out. I might have a backup, only b/c I wouldn't want to break a string. The finish looks great though and looks like a keeper. // 8

Overall Impression: I love this guitar. For how I play, this thing was made for me. The finish is amazing, and with a few quick swaps (pots, tuners) this thing will become a mean, lean, rock, blues, and jazz guitar (and with a pickup replacement, punk as well). I will keep this guitar till I become old and grey, and if it got stolen, god knows what I'd do. // 10

More Jay Turser reviews rating category latest review