JT-300QMT Review

manufacturer: Jay Turser date: 01/29/2009 category: Electric Guitars
Jay Turser: JT-300QMT
Three smoking Single pick ups with a 5 way selector switch. Classic stratocastor style double cutaway. There are two tone and one volume knobs. The pickguard is white pearloid that really helps pull off this guitars Good looks. And all the hard ware is gold in color!
 7.5
 9.8
 5.1
review (1) 35 comments vote for this gear:
JT-300QMT Reviewed by: guitardudedon, on january 29, 2009

Purchased from: Guitarman Laurel Delaware

Features: Ok First let me Start by saying this guitar should be way more money! This guitar would be good at any price! Ok This is a new this year model for Jay Turser made in Japan(most are any way)It Has 21 frets and it's a Strat copy! It has a Alder body with a quilted maple top that is absoulutly beutiful! This guitar comes in Transparent blue, Amber, Transparent Red, and tobbacco sunburst which is the one I selected! This Guitar has a high gloss transparent paint! A maple neck and a rosewood finger board! With a inlay on the back of the neck it looks like oak but could just be stained to look that way. Three smoking Single pick ups with a 5 way selector switch. Classic stratocastor style double cutaway! There are two tone and one volume knobs! The pickguard is white pearloid that really helps pull off this guitars Good looks! And all the hard ware is gold in color! // 10

Sound: I bought this guitar to get that Fender Strat sound and this guitar sounds great! I mostly play blues but this guitar takes me to those Eric Clapton sounds easily! I'm using a Marshall G30RCD Amp with out any effects I do have a digitek rp 200 but I guess I've been into the strait to the amp sound for a little while! This guitar is absolutly silent until I pick a string and it has more sustain then any of my other guitars it's almost endless! The 5 way Switch really covers every thing from Rich full and bassy to crisp and clean! This guitar has made any sound I tried from Eric Clapton to david Gilmore it is surprisingly very versatale! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Set up well it's set up perfectly! The action isnt too high or to low! There are no unwanted fret buzzes! The pickups seem to be adjusted correctly! This guitars maple top is book matched beutifully I have no complaints on the looks of this guitar I think it's way way underpriced! The Fret job is flawless there is not one fret sticking in or out on either side of the neck they are as close to perfect as one could guess that it could be! But on the 21 first fret they missed filling in the groove for the last fret on the low e side of the neck! The hardware is gold plated and lovely no nicks pits or nothing it's flawless! Hardware is all tight and should stand the test of time! // 9

Reliability & Durability: Would I play this guitar Live? You better believe it! The hard ware should not be on a 130.00 dollar guitar! I told I few people I paid 600.00 and nobody doubted me then I told them the truth then they think I lied! Strap buttons are solid as a rock! This is my third Jay Turser and never had any problem with the strap buttons! Would I play any guitar without a back up? no but this guitar would handle all I'm gonna dish out I'm sure! The finish looks like it's a mile thick and looks like it will be here with the cochroaches after the end of the world! // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression on this guitar is I think someone switched the price tags lol! I actually went to buy a Fender Stratocaster and I came home with this Jay Turser! Plays like a Fender looks like a Fender it's a Jay Turser!!! I've been playing 4-5 years now and this is my third Jay Turser guitar I have the Warlord(crazy flying vee, And I also have a double nek turser as well! I love all my Jay tursers and this by far has the best quality of them all! If it was lost or stolen at 130.00 bucks I would replace it in a heart beat! I asked all the right questions before I bought this guitar! Guitar man I laurel delaware has sold me 5 guitars now and has never steered be wrong! He could have sold me a Fender it was his recomendation that I try this guitar it's a great deal! How many times have we heard that line! well looks alone you could buy this guitar but playing it is a pleasure! I love everything about this guitar! It does have a tremelo arm and I'm not a big fan of tremelo arms and I mostly play slide guitar But I messed with it and she stayed in tune! I compared this guitar to a Fender Strat and I chose this guitar because I feel like it is the better product! I wish it came with a hard case but I'm not complaning at this price I could afford my own hardcase! // 10

More Jay Turser reviews rating category latest review