Nite V FR Review

9.6
 8.2
reviews (2) pictures (2) 16 comments vote for this gear:
Nite V FR Reviewed by: 7SynysterxGates, on january 14, 2013

Features: Right off the bat, I must say that this guitar has great quality for being at such a low price. The Kramer Nite V that I had received came with a Licensed Floyd Rose that will not go out of tune and making dive bombs on this beauty is easier than spending money on a guitar that is $500 more. The Kramer Nite V is made in Indonesia and is not a cheap Chinese guitar. The dual Alnico V humbuckers are a great feature but would be better to have EMG pick ups. I have compared this to a Schecter Omen-6 Extreme with Floyd Rose and they are pretty close, but the Nite V has a longer sustain than the Omen-6 when it comes to actual playing and doing divebombs. They are both great guitars, but the Nite V comes out on top. The V style body is very unique looking and has a glossy finish that comes in Alpine White or Satin Black. You can gets this guitar without a Floyd Rose. It also has coil tap! // 10

Sound: SOUND! It's the main thing about a guitar. If you have crappy sound, then you have a crappy guitar. The Kramer Nite V will satisfy any metal head that is looking for a good quality guitar, yet on a low budget. I play music like Avenged Sevenfold, Rage Against The Machine, Three Days Grace, and even Rise Against and I get the sound that I want every time. The pick ups are not buzzy, and the possibilities with this guitar are endless. You can make it sound like a race car, siren, or just sound like your favorite songs. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar doesn't come in perfect tuning. It seems like it was intentionally pre-tuned to drop D tuning but you need to do some fine tuning before you can go crazy. The only actual problem I have with my guitar is that it has a chip at the base of the neck in the finish but it is barely noticeable. Other than that, everything was in order. The packaging was very good. The guitar could not be harmed what-so-ever, even if you drop kicked it. The pick up selector is a tad bit noisy, but why make a big deal out of such a small thing? // 9

Reliability & Durability: The Kramer Nite V can take a beating. This isn't your daughters jam out to Miley Cyrus guitar, or your son's Church band guitar. This guitar can be dropped and barely have a dent. Today, I dropped my Nite V on to my hard wood floor and it made a loud THUD. I checked where it landed and there wasn't even a scratch! Even the most irresponsible guitar owner can use this without a worry. The V-body is weird and takes time getting used to. It has a BIG body and is best to play in an open room to avoid bashing into things. The strap buttons are pretty big too. I had a hard time putting on my strap but it keeps it in at least! Would recommend it if you play in small to medium sized venues but should be used as a back up in large venues. // 10

Overall Impression: I have been playing guitar for about 4 years and have tested over 15 electric guitars. This Nite V is definitely in my top 3. Seeing this online though, I was skeptical. A $250 guitar that has a Floyd Rose tremolo, V body that is unique, coil tapping, and has amazing fret inlays? Really, at that price? It had surprised me once I plugged it into my Line 6. This is near flawless. Everything that I have ever looked for in a guitar was right here in my hands. I would die if this was stolen. I would take it back and give that theif $250 to buy it just so he can experience this wonderful instrument. I would do nothing to this instrument except upgrade it. You can never have too much upgrades. Video of Nite V FR found on YouTube:

// 10

Nite V FR Reviewed by: kailindart, on august 13, 2014

Purchased from: Amazon

Features: This is a 2014 Kramer Nite V Floyd Rose, made in Indonesia. It's a 22 fret, 14" radius bolt on maple neck with a rosewood fretboard. It's made of mahogany, and comes with a satin black finish. The style is a modified Flying V. Obviously, it has a Floyd Rose tremolo, and two passive, coil-tapped Alnico humbuckers. It has a standard Volume, Switch, Tone, but the Tone is a push-pull coil-tap that seems to be becoming an industry standard. It comes with a cheap cable and four allen wrenches. This thing is a great value. For the money, you really can't beat it. // 9

Sound: Crisp, crunchy, bright bridge sounds. Warm crunch on the neck and split. This baby has a great, versatile metal sound. Grunge and sludge metal from the neck and split, shred in the bridge. Honestly, just playing with the tone pot and the coil-split makes for a real work horse. Incredibly bright, and sounds great, even from my Orange Crush 10 practice amp. I'd love to see what it sounds like through a tube, but I'll need to bug my buddy about plugging it into his. I've been able to get some harmonics out of it I've never heard before, and I can't wait to work with them and put them in my arsenal! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Action was a bit high, but not unplayable by any means. I may even leave it where it is, since it's so play-able, and has zero fret buzz. The pickups were just right. Finish is clean and smudge-free, no nicks or bumps. Great setup. The neck is perfect, no space in the pocket, no missing paint in the bridge cavity. This thing is cherry. I will seriously cry when I get that first, inevitable nick. The hardware is a slick, gorgeous gun-metal grey, with no wobbles or loose bits. The frets are smooth, the neck is just right; a little bend, but not bowed. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar could most DEFINITELY play live, and the finish seems durable and tough. The strap buttons are thick, and hard to get the strap over, which means it would take some doing to get them off! I could gig with this for sure, especially considering the versatile sounds it can create. I was worried when my sound cut out a couple times, but it was my cheapo cord (not the cheapo cord I got with the guitar, another cheapo cord I bought a couple months ago).

You can dive bomb the bajeebs out of the Floyd Rose, and it stays in tune like a dream. It does head dive, since it's a Flying V style, but you get used to it, and once you've got your hand on the neck, it's not a big deal. // 9

Overall Impression: For the price, this guitar is glorious. The sound is so crisp, so mean and edgy. I think my only gripe is that my tuner doesn't fit on the beak headstock! I play mostly metal, but I think this could handle just about any genre. The coil-split opens great tonal variety.

If it were stolen or lost, I would replace it in an instant. I love the slick looks, the sound, and the feel of the neck, which surprised me, since I love slim necks, and this one is pretty chunky, and flat on the back. I'm getting used to it a lot quicker than I thought. Could be the action, but it feels easy to play. I also didn't want a Floyd Rose, but it was the cheaper model, and dive-bombing is way, way too fun. // 10

More Kramer reviews rating category latest review
+ Pacer Custom 1 9 Electric Guitars 04/17/2014