Nite V FR Review

9.8
 8.1
review (1) pictures (2) 15 comments vote for this gear:
Nite V FR Reviewed by: 7SynysterxGates, on january 14, 2013

Features: Right off the bat, I must say that this guitar has great quality for being at such a low price. The Kramer Nite V that I had received came with a Licensed Floyd Rose that will not go out of tune and making dive bombs on this beauty is easier than spending money on a guitar that is $500 more. The Kramer Nite V is made in Indonesia and is not a cheap Chinese guitar. The dual Alnico V humbuckers are a great feature but would be better to have EMG pick ups. I have compared this to a Schecter Omen-6 Extreme with Floyd Rose and they are pretty close, but the Nite V has a longer sustain than the Omen-6 when it comes to actual playing and doing divebombs. They are both great guitars, but the Nite V comes out on top. The V style body is very unique looking and has a glossy finish that comes in Alpine White or Satin Black. You can gets this guitar without a Floyd Rose. It also has coil tap! // 10

Sound: SOUND! It's the main thing about a guitar. If you have crappy sound, then you have a crappy guitar. The Kramer Nite V will satisfy any metal head that is looking for a good quality guitar, yet on a low budget. I play music like Avenged Sevenfold, Rage Against The Machine, Three Days Grace, and even Rise Against and I get the sound that I want every time. The pick ups are not buzzy, and the possibilities with this guitar are endless. You can make it sound like a race car, siren, or just sound like your favorite songs. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar doesn't come in perfect tuning. It seems like it was intentionally pre-tuned to drop D tuning but you need to do some fine tuning before you can go crazy. The only actual problem I have with my guitar is that it has a chip at the base of the neck in the finish but it is barely noticeable. Other than that, everything was in order. The packaging was very good. The guitar could not be harmed what-so-ever, even if you drop kicked it. The pick up selector is a tad bit noisy, but why make a big deal out of such a small thing? // 9

Reliability & Durability: The Kramer Nite V can take a beating. This isn't your daughters jam out to Miley Cyrus guitar, or your son's Church band guitar. This guitar can be dropped and barely have a dent. Today, I dropped my Nite V on to my hard wood floor and it made a loud THUD. I checked where it landed and there wasn't even a scratch! Even the most irresponsible guitar owner can use this without a worry. The V-body is weird and takes time getting used to. It has a BIG body and is best to play in an open room to avoid bashing into things. The strap buttons are pretty big too. I had a hard time putting on my strap but it keeps it in at least! Would recommend it if you play in small to medium sized venues but should be used as a back up in large venues. // 10

Overall Impression: I have been playing guitar for about 4 years and have tested over 15 electric guitars. This Nite V is definitely in my top 3. Seeing this online though, I was skeptical. A $250 guitar that has a Floyd Rose tremolo, V body that is unique, coil tapping, and has amazing fret inlays? Really, at that price? It had surprised me once I plugged it into my Line 6. This is near flawless. Everything that I have ever looked for in a guitar was right here in my hands. I would die if this was stolen. I would take it back and give that theif $250 to buy it just so he can experience this wonderful instrument. I would do nothing to this instrument except upgrade it. You can never have too much upgrades. Video of Nite V FR found on YouTube:

// 10

More Kramer reviews rating category latest review
+ Pacer Custom 1 9 Electric Guitars 04/17/2014