Pacer Custom 1 Review

manufacturer: Kramer date: 04/17/2014 category: Electric Guitars
Kramer: Pacer Custom 1
This guitar sounds absolutely amazing. It has an all around sound, perfect for anything from clean music to heavy distorted music.
review (1) pictures (2) user comments vote for this gear:
Pacer Custom 1 Reviewed by: Rburba, on april 17, 2014

Purchased from: Craigslist

Features: My Kramer Pacer Custom 1 was made in 1986. It is a beautiful guitar that was made in New Jersey, USA. It includes:

- black Floyd Rose original
- 25.5 scale length
- jumbo frets
- black dot inlays
- Kramer logo on 12th fret
- off white gloss finish
- slanted humbucker bridge pickup
- single coil middle and neck pickup
- double cut strat style body
- no pickguard
- blower switch, mini toggle on/off switches for each pickup, and 1 volume
- pointy black headstock
- big block Kramer logo
- allen wrench tools included on back of headstock
- white binding along headstock
- deep cut into the bottom cutout for higher notes
- maple body // 10

Sound: It sounds absolutely amazing. It has an all around sound, perfect for anything from clean music to heavy distorted music. The pickups do not buzz at all. When you switch blower switch up, you can get a bright sound, but when you switch it down, you get a full rich sound. It sounds amazing with literally every amp I use, as well as every pedal. I don't really use a specific pedal or amp, but anything sounds good with it. I practice with a Vox VT80, a Marshall Valvasteen VS232, and a Fender Performer 1000. It sounds really good with all of them. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got this guitar a year ago, there was no wear, no flaws what'soever. Apparently the person before me never played it, but kept it very safe and clean. At the factory, it was set up perfectly. It's honestly one of the best guitars I've ever played. All the parts were intact, no discolorization, everything is perfect condition. There aren't even any scratches at all on the body or neck. The bridge was perfectly routed. The action was very low, but no buzzing. The strings bend very nicely. I use light .9 gauge strings on it. Harmonics are very easy to do on this guitar. It stays in tune even when I do the biggest divebombs on the tremolo. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The finish is very thick, and the guitar is extremely durable and is able to withstand live playing and traveling without needing a backup. I brought it on a plane as a carry on in a soft case, and it did not get damaged at all. I feel like I didn't pay enough for it, because it exceeded my expectations. It's simply amazing how something this cheap is so good. The Floyd Rose stays in tune for a very long time, and the saddles look brand new. The locking nut doesn't have any wear, it's in perfect condition. I say its an extremely durable, long lasting guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: I play anything rock, but with this guitar I usually play '80s rock like Iron Maiden, Van Halen, etc. And it fits that genre very well. If I lost it, I wouldn't buy any other guitar until I find another Kramer Pacer Custom 1. It's simply amazing, and no other Jackson, Charvel, ESP, LTD, Schecter, etc. is as good as this. Nothing plays or looks as good as it (in my opinion, don't judge). The price of this guitar is very very cheap, but it plays better than anything double or triple the price. I absolutely love everything about it. // 10

More Kramer reviews rating category latest review
+ Nite V FR 8.9 Electric Guitars 08/13/2014