Pacer FT202S Review

manufacturer: Kramer date: 12/13/2006 category: Electric Guitars
Kramer: Pacer FT202S
The Kramer Pacer features a hard maple neck with a 22 fret rosewood fingerboard and a 2-point floating fulcrum tremolo. Other features include the following: 2 open-coil humbucking pickups with 3-way selector, classic Kramer body design.
 Reliability & Durability: 7.5
 Action, Fit & Finish: 5.5
 8.7
 7.8
 9.6
reviews (2) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Pacer FT202S Reviewed by: strum87, on january 12, 2006

Features: This guitar has a slim, tapered 22 fret neck, made of hard maple and has a rosewood fingerboard. It feels great to play and it's easy to play bar (or barre) chords on. Laminated lader/nato body. Satin black finish. Strat shape the the strings go through the body and it has a 2-point floating fulcrum tremelo. Epiphone double open-coil humbuckers. Volume and tone control, 3 way pick-up select. None locking Kramer machineheads. Came with small 10 watt amp, soft carry case, lead, 2 packs of strings, plectrums, strap and tuner. // 8

Sound: The pickups give an amazing warm tone when on the rythm channel. On the treble site you get a nice clean sound. It goes well with any Marshall amp and I use a Zoom 606 for effects. The guitar is great at both extremes of the scale. Turn the tone down and flick onto rythm for a great blues feeling, or turn the tone almost full and go to treble for a clean modern rock sound. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When it came, the action was slightly too high but the intonation was fine. The pickups were too low, but they are easy to adjust. There was a slight crackling sound on the volume control, but I know a friend who knows a few tricks. Inside the electric box the finish is rough, but I dont mind because it's inside afterall. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I have owned this guitar for 5 years and performed live on a number of occasions, without having a backup guitar with me and it has served well. The I've never had any problems with the strap buttons. I've had to have it re-wired. // 7

Overall Impression: I play a mix of rock/punk/emo/metal. This guitar is a great bargain for any learning guitarists, and I recommend it. This is my first guitar, so if it got stolen I would be pretty angry about it. I love playing it. The best feature about it is the slim neck. It feels really smooth to play on and you can have the action really low without buzzing. If it somehow had an SG style bridge, it would be 10 out of 10. // 8

Pacer FT202S Reviewed by: uposb4, on december 13, 2006

Features: 2006 model made in indonesia. Maple neck with alder/nato body. Twin Humbuckers. Red Metallic finish. Two point floating tremelo, Black hardware. one volume and one tone knob and one three way switch. The neck is pretty fat and the spacing is wide like the american fenders. Body is light weight. Give it a 10 here for features because it has all you would need for various styles. // 10

Sound: The pickups are quiet as Humbuckers should be. Well balanced and a little on the bright side. Not real hot but they have enough output for most metal music. I'm using the Zoom 606 pedal and I can either clean it up or make it as dirty as I want. I give it a 9 here because it lacks slighty in clarity. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I was suprised with the fret job. The ends are polished very well and smooth. It's normal to have to set any new guitar up but when this one came the neck was not completly mounted tight and one pickup screw from each pickup was hanging loose. The finish is smooth and appears flawless. only two springs for the tremelo, I had to order a set to lock the tremelo down. A 4 here for not setting it up at least half way. // 4

Reliability & Durability: For $89.00 I really can't complain and setting it up for my taste is half the fun anyway but this should have been better. It seems like it's going to be a good guitar in the long run. Stays in tune and plays very well. I really don't care for the control layout. I will swap the three way switch with the volume control for more ease of use. // 8

Overall Impression: Was expecting it to be made in china at least but when I saw the made in Indonesia I then started seeing the setup problems. A new set of strings and a good complete setup was what it needed to play well. Wish the neck was slightly thinner and the spacing slightly closer. For the low price it's a bargain and I might order another one. // 8

More Kramer reviews rating category latest review
+ Nite V FR 8.9 Electric Guitars 08/13/2014