Striker 211 FR Review

manufacturer: Kramer date: 03/02/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Kramer: Striker 211 FR
This guitar's features are amazing. It has a Floyd Rose Floating tremolo, 24 frets with thorn inlays, maple neck and a flametop finish. Overall, I would recommend this guitar to anyone who's looking for shred, or a great sounding, 80s looking guitar.
 4.9
 9.8
review (1) pictures (3) user comments vote for this gear:
Striker 211 FR Reviewed by: TheAxeman97, on march 02, 2011

Price paid: C$ 380

Purchased from: Music123.com

Features: This guitar's features are amazing. It has a Floyd Rose Floating tremelo, 24 frets with thorn inlays, maple neck and a flametop finish. It has 2 single coil pickups and one humbucker at the bridge. It is also quite heavy. heavier than my Epiphone Les Paul Standard. It's of the 2010 Kramer line and I was one of the first in Canada to own one in the trans purple finish. // 10

Sound: I play 80s rock and metal, or 'Hair Metal' if you want. This guitar is perfect for that because it has a great balance of treble and bass with a nice thick punch to it, courtesy of Gibson. I run it through a Line 6 Spider III 30 watt amplifier, which will make this guitar LOUD! The dive bombs and screams of the Floyd Rose sound amazing, and it comes straight back into tune. I usualy only have to tune 2 times a week! The only thing is you have to find a nice balance on your amp to because this guitar can sound a little bit too trebley. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got this guitar, the Bridge was not correctly balanced out, but that wasn't too hard to fix. I have the Trans Purple Model and it looks AMAZING! It's eye catching, and it stands out next to the other guys with a black or red guitar. And the action is low and the neck is great for very fast soloing. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is great for playing live. It's loud, it sounds studio quality, the neck is very fast and easy to speed around with low action. The strap buttons are great. Depending on the strap you have though, you may then want to consider strap locks. The only reason I would have a second guitar at a gig is for a different tuning. I keep this guitar Eb Ab Db Gb Bb eb. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, I would recommend this guitar to anyone who's looking for shred, or a great sounding, 80s looking guitar. I've had it for only 3 months and I already have fallen in love with it. If it were stolen or lost, I would definantly buy a new one, unless I could find a Kramer 1984 Black and red bullseye reissue. If you want a Gibson sound with just kick of the original Kramers, for under $500, than this is the guitar for you. // 10

More Kramer reviews rating category latest review
+ Pacer Custom 1 9 Electric Guitars 04/17/2014