Striker 300ST Review

manufacturer: Kramer date: 04/23/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Kramer: Striker 300ST
This is a good guitar for beginners because it's pretty cheap and it sounds good.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 7.5
 8.3
 8.5
reviews (2) pictures (3) 9 comments vote for this gear:
Striker 300ST Reviewed by: Beau W, on june 20, 2005

Sound: When my dad had this guitar he was touring with it and he used a Peavey stack, I wasn't even born so I don't really know but my dad said it use to sound pretty good. At the moment just have a little Marshall 10 watt practice amp that has built in distortion and stuff and it sounds ok but if you drown it in distortion it can get a little bit noisy (like a buzz). It starts to get a serious buzz on the first pickup (I think it's the first) even if you have it playing clean. With the right settings you can get some pretty nice sounds out of this guitar! // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: I think it has something to do with me being left handed and the guitar being right handed (I change the strings around) but when you move up the fretboard it can start to get a little bit out of tune (but lower down it's fine). The finish is good, scratches are pretty hard to see unless you go looking for them. // 6

Overall Impression: I have been playing for about 2 and a half years and I play mainly hard rock and metal and this guitar was designed for that, it matches the style well. I have ordered a ESP LTD Viper 50 and it is coming in soon so at the moment this is the only guitar I have (it is the first guitar I ever had by the way). If it was stolen I wouldn't buy it again because I have a new guitar coming in but is is still very good. I think this is a good guitar for beginners because it's pretty cheap and it sounds good. I recommend this guitar! // 8

Striker 300ST Reviewed by: GodxEatxGod, on april 23, 2012

Purchased from: Moore music

Features: The Kramer Striker 300 ST has a s/s/h setup with a 5 way switch, 2 volumes and one tone knob. Locking floyd rose trem. 22 fret lacqured neck, rosewood finger board, dot inlays. Seems to be a plywood body with a nice aged white finish and the duller hockey stick headstock. // 9

Sound: When I bought this with the stock pickups it had a decent tone to it, the singles had a good classic tone to it that I would play hendrix or anything 60s or 50s rock with. The stock humbucker had a good rock tone to it, good enough to suit maiden or most hard rock or metal bands, you could still get some bluesy tones out of all the pickups tho.I upgraded to a Seymour Duncan dimebucker with a split coil tapper, It really brought this thing to life and wich I would recomend everybody to getting one! // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought it used from Moore music and there setup was good on it. Good low action with the pickups and bridge adjusted rite. Here's one big reason I love this guitar, it feals very nice in your hands.its a bit heavy but the neck to me is like heaven with how it is very smooth! // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've never played a live gig just played with freinds but this guitar I feal like it would be abble to gig. Its a very durable guitar with a thick finish and good hardware. Its from the mid 80's so it does have a few dings and chips but overall the guitar is very solid and I would rely a lot on it. // 10

Overall Impression: I got it for a steal of a price with its ohsc so I was very impressed with the price. I play metal, rock to blues and it matches the styles of music great. I've been playing around 3 years now and I run it through a Peavey Vypyr 75 and it sounds great! If it was lost or stolen I would be pretty p***** off but I would either find another striker or get a higher up 80's Kramer. My 2 favorite things about this guitar is the neck and the look.I haven't played another guitar that I loved the neck so much on and you just can't beat the great look of an 80s Kramer. // 10

More Kramer reviews rating category latest review
+ Nite V FR 8.9 Electric Guitars 08/13/2014