Roxane 100 Matt Series Review

manufacturer: Lag date: 01/25/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Lag: Roxane 100 Matt Series
Bolt-on Maple neck, fixed to the body with 4 individual metallic inserts, Rosewood reinforcement rail for neck-body alignment, LAG exclusive system.
 5.7
 6.8
 4.6
review (1) pictures (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
Roxane 100 Matt Series Reviewed by: Jj795, on january 25, 2011

Purchased from: Umbrella Music

Features: Hi folks, this is my first review, so please be gentle with me. I'm reviewing my LAG Roxane matt 100 series RM100 electric guitar. Ok here,s the lowdown on what it is, Solid Basswood body, Bolt-on Maple neck. No back plate and the bolts slightly pertrude, Rosewood reinforcement rail for neck-body alignment, Black Rosewood fingerboard, 22 Medium frets, LAG high Precision machine-heads, pretty decent too, 2 LAG Standard humbucker pickups, Standard Tunomatic bridge & tailpiece in a gun metal finish. Its a dull finish, 2 independant volumes and 1 master tone, which are bevelled, 3-way pickup selector, Satin chrome finish hardware, Matt finish on the body and on the headstock. Made in China and have no idea of what year it was made. Its like a PRS rip off to be honest. I have been playing since 1999 and have always played my trusty Fender Strat, but I needed a knock about, due to me being a little careless in the past with my Strat. I've owned a cheap Aria 004, but I didn't like the sound or the feel of the neck. So I saw this and thought " sod it, lets give this thing a go!". The guitar has all the basic needs that I want. No fancy stuff. // 6

Sound: Since going from a twangy strat, I have been very intrigued with the warmth of the lag. It sounds rich and full-filling, I was very surprised with what I had in my hands. The humbuckers are hearty with plenty of grunt when needed. My music style varies, country, pop, ballads, punk, grunge, metal, old school stuff, whatever takes my fancy. It has been played threw Marshalls, 15 watt practice and a 30 watt. Also a Marlin 50cc, Vox valvatronics and an old Carlsbro, with a host of pedals. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: It was played straight out of the box, no problem. Come on, a man and his new toy has to be played on as soon as it came. Once all the exitement was over, every part of the guitar was checked over. The neck was smooth, no sharp frets to rip my fingers to shreds. All the nuts n bolts were checked, some times you do get the odd one loose, but not in this case. Machineheads are good, humbuckers are covered and all electrics were fine, including the jack. All nice and cosy. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Its been played live a fair bit. It aint let me down ....yet. I don't play without a back up, thats foolish. Everything is solid and its very light. No back ache after playing, great! The matt finish is not the best. It chips easily, but what the heck, I always wanted a relic. // 6

Overall Impression: Overall impression is that it is a good guitar. I was surprised with it and I still smile when playing it. I got this guitar cheap because the Piano company just wanted to get rid of old stock. I think I got lucky, ha, ha. If it were stolen... I'd tell the insurance company it was about 500 and get a PRS.. Good guitar, good price, what else would I want. // 7

More Lag reviews rating category latest review
+ Tramontane T66D12 6.7 Acoustic Guitars 10/01/2013