SG Review

manufacturer: Marlin date: 04/25/2005 category: Electric Guitars
It is a really old Marlin electric from some where between 1950-1969. The rear pickup gives it a nice crunchie sound.
 7.6
 8.8
 6.3
review (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
SG Reviewed by: OzzY_666_OzzY, on april 25, 2005

Features: It is a really old Marlin electric from some where between 1950-1969. My dad bought it at a Paun shop in 1973 and I was going though his old house and found it (2002) and he decided to let me have it. The rear pickup gives it a nice crunchie distortion sound with my Fender amp. My front one gives it a good heavy sound. After about 3 months my strap started falling off so I got sraplocks fixed the problem. The 1 thing I don't like about it that much is the neck goes from about the 16th fret to the 21 is in the body. Other than that it is a great guitar. // 10

Sound: It suites the style I play beacuse I have the same playing techniques as Angus (I'm told) and I play RNR and some metal and it looks nice while I'm playing. I use it with my Fender Frontman reverb 12R I got for christmas. It sounds great real crunchie distortion. It's great I can make a siren from UK on the cop cars, it is so awsome, it always scares people. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up good in the factory. I like the pickups. I Shine it up really good with Car wax (turtle wax) and it doesn't take the finish off. My dad used to light it on fire when he played. Once he let a freind borrow it for and air band and the guy jumped off the stage and wack! All you could hear was that and they guitar hit the state when he jumped off of the stage. All it left was a small chip. The paint is cracked. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This guitar withstands live playing very well. I can get it to over Drive when I want and every thing. It will not ever break easy beacuse well it made in the '50s and things weren't made like s--t then like thy are now. I defenity depend on it. I have never used a back up guitar before and likely never will. But I play really hard and the strings sometimes break because of that, but never during concert. // 10

Overall Impression: My over all I'm pression - I love this guitar. It's pricless to me. // 10

Comments