SF-1 Streetfighter Review

manufacturer: Maverick date: 12/06/2004 category: Electric Guitars
Maverick: SF-1 Streetfighter
Some of the Streetfighter?s tone is enhanced by the "AAA" grade Canadian maple fingerboard, which features Maverick's revolutionary fret vents, offering a fantastic visual aid to any player. The guitars reverse headstock reinforces its true rock style.
 9.8
 9.6
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
SF-1 Streetfighter Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 06, 2004

Purchased from: frets guitar centre

Features: Handmade in Korea, alder body, maple neck and fingerboard, 24 frets, 2 Maverick Handwound X-Treme pickups, 1 volume 1 tone control, 3 way selector, floyd rose trem, locking tuners, everything I wanted but an extra volume control would be good and with the floyd rose it takes ages to tune to drop D but it makes up for that the rest of the time by never ever going out of tune. // 8

Sound: I use it with a Marshall MG30DFX and a DigiTech RP50 and it sounds great. It is great for nearly all kinds of music especialy metal and heavy rock but it sounds grat for softer stuff and has nice tone on clean amp settings. The tone control can produce alot of variety of sound from a bright full sound to a bassy cleaner sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: It arrived in perfect condition, I haven't changed a thing on it at all. The action is nice and low and there is no fret buzz, it seems totally flawless. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've played live a couple of times and it is perfectly reliable. I always bring a backup guitar but I wouldn't be worried if I didn't as it seems to withstand anything I do to it but I aren't the kind of player who throws his guitar about on stage. The finish is top quality and I'm sure it will last. All the hardware seems solid enough. // 10

Overall Impression: This is my perfect guitar and if it got stolen I would definately buy it again, even if it cost another hundred quid. I tried out loads of guitars and I was quite tempted to buy a Ibanez Prestige but for the moment I picked up this guitar I wanted to buy it. The best bit about the guitar is the neck, aparently the fastest in production in the world. It would be better to have an extra volume control but I don't care that much. // 10

More Maverick reviews rating category latest review
+ F-3 8.8 Electric Guitars 08/03/2011