Species 1 Review

manufacturer: Maverick date: 01/15/2007 category: Electric Guitars
Maverick: Species 1
Now offering incredible value encompassing body profiling from our F1, two X1 LQ-6 pick ups along with neck and headstock binding from F3. With its set neck construction and through body stringing, this is an absolute stalwart of a guitar. If it's a no nonsense high output dependable friend you're searching for then look no further than the Species 1.
 9.9
 9.8
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Species 1 Reviewed by: slash321, on january 15, 2007

Purchased from: Vine Music, Evesham

Features: The Maverick Species 1 is a Korean built guitar. The body is made from basswood and the neck from one piece carved canadian maple, which is glued into the body giving the back of the guitar as good looks as the front. The neck has 24 frets with a scale of 25 inch length and The fingerboard is made from indian rosewood. The guitar has 2 LQ-6 4 Core Custom humbucker pickups, which gives the guitar a lovely sound! The controls given are volume, tone, and a 5-way selector. The guitar is extremly light which makes it a lot more comfortable to hold while playing. // 10

Sound: This guitar gives a great sound and suits my style of music (rock and metal)perfectlty! The 2 humbucker pick-ups sound great through my amp which is a Marshall MG100DFX. The guitar can give a lovely crisp, clean sound yet also a great overdriven sound which is perfect for all your rock and metal leads. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I own sereval other guitars and none of them were as well setup as this one when I brought it. I have had the guitar 2 weeks now and haven't had to change or adjust anything on it. The action is nice and low and there is no fret buzz. Perfect setup from when brought! // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have not had a chance to play this guitar at a gig yet, but I would feel happy enough to use it live without a backup. The strap buttons, controls, and tuning pegs all feel very secure and The finish on the guitar is very resistant. The guitar feels very solid and reliable and I think it will last a long time. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mainly rock and metal music and have found this guitar a perfect match for me. I have been playing for 7 years now and have owned several guitars in the past but this has got to be the best. I love the 2 humbucker pick-ups which give a lovely sound through an amp. My favourite feature has got to be the 24 frets, which are very useful while playing lead as they make it possible to reach 2 octaves on one string. I orignally went into the shop to buy an Ibanez but decided to leave with the Maverick after plaing the two guitars. I chose the Maverick over the Ibanez because of the unique sound that the Maverick gives. I would defently recommend this guitar to anyone Who plays rock/metal music and Who wants a guitar with great features and sound! // 10

More Maverick reviews rating category latest review
+ F-3 8.8 Electric Guitars 08/03/2011