Medusa Studio X-Treme Review

8.8
 8.6
review (1) 19 comments vote for this gear:
Medusa Studio X-Treme Reviewed by: CemetaryGates90, on september 21, 2009

Features: I don't know the year but I would assume 2009 since this is a new model guitar. 22 frets Mahogany Neck Transparent Burgundy Finish Medusa Shape Mahogany Body Tune-O-Matic Bridge Passive Tone Perfect Pickups 2 Volume, 2 Tone 3 Way Toggle Imperial Step Tuners Custom Molded Hardshell Case // 8

Sound: This guitar is great for any style of music. The pickups are best for classic rock to modern hard rock sound but can't really do modern metal well. I'm playing it though my Peavey Valveking 112 with a Celestion Vintage 30 until I get my Mesa Mark V and it sounds damned good. Its a little too bass heavy at times, which I think may be partly because of the pickups. I would classify these pickups as medium output. I'm thinking about upgrading them at some point cause I'm not too fond of them. The guitars clean tones however are utterly amazing though any combination of the pickups. The cleans are almost Strat-like. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up great from the factory. I swapped out the stock strings for .11 gauges with a wound g. Deals well with drop tunings, the farthest I've gone is drop C. Everything else is great. No cosmetic flaws. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Guitar feels very sturdy. A lot lighter than it looks like it would be. Doesn't have strap locks but thats not a big deal. The strap buttons are both on the back of the guitar so it has perfect balance. I wouldn't gig without a back up just because of the chance of a string breaking, but if that wasn't a possibility then definitely. The finish seems tough, no pick scratches yet. Very reliable guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: The only thing I don't like about this guitar is the pickups. But everything else is great. If it were stolen I would probably buy a different guitar, just because its not anything super fantastic, but its definitely awesome. I wish it had 24 X-Jumbo frets but thats not a big deal. Overall its a great guitar, not "the be all end all" of guitars but its still pretty great. // 8

Comments