MM1F Review

manufacturer: OLP date: 02/08/2008 category: Electric Guitars
OLP: MM1F
The MM1F also features a real flame maple top upgrade. This is new model is ready to rock. You get the highest quality construction, tone, and appearance - all at a very affordable price.
 Features: 9.5
 8.9
 9.8
 7.9
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this gear:
MM1F Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 26, 2005

Features: The OLP MM1F Model delivers exactly what you wanted! Now you can get OLP's best selling MM1 model already equipped with a Floyd Rose licensed double locking tremolo. This is new model is ready to rock. You get the highest quality construction, tone, and appearance - all at a very affordable price. - Body: basswood w/real flame maple top - Neck: north american maple - Fingerboard: maple - Construction: bolt on - Frets: 22 jumbo - Scale: 25.5" - Hardware: chrome - Pickups: 2 direct mounted OLP humbuckers - Bridge: floyd rose licensed double locking - 4+2 headstock, straight string pull - Fully bound body - Direct mounted pickups for improved tone - Custom contoured neck radius. // 10

Sound: I am an active musician who was looking for a solid guitar that could deliver the multiple playing styles that I enjoy. I play contemporay Christian Worship music as well as Stright Edge Christian rock and blues. I play through a Line 6 (combo amp) and it is a great match up with this guitar. The neck pickup is very deep and delivers a solid lowend while the bridge pick up is the polar opposite. It delivers a solid topend and very clean. using both at the same time is quite nice too, you get the best of both worlds. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The setup from the factory was alright. I belive that they ship with 8 guage strings. I play 9's or 10's so after that was corrected I loved the set up. Everything seemed to be as good as you could get the real flame maple cap is beautiful and the matching is done near perfect. // 10

Overall Impression: I was impressed with the quality to price ratio. It's a very impressive guitar that will meet every need of mine. If your looking for a solid guitar, look no further! This is it! // 10

MM1F Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 08, 2008

Purchased from: Billy Hyde Music

Features: Don't know when it was made. 22 frets with a scale slighly shorter than the Standard Fender scale. Flamed maple top with transparent amber finish. back and sides black. flat top with the back/ribs contour. The body shape is sort of like a cross between a Strat and a les paul. Similar to Evh Music man/ wolfgang but smaller. Liscence Floyd Rose. 2 OLP humbucker with 3 way selector. 1 volume knob. OLP machine heads 4+2. Comes with allen keys, truss rod ajustment, lead and tremelo arm. Not a lot of features but what you need it there. Gave it a 9 because of little things e.g. no original floyd, only one volume knob // 9

Sound: Setup: guitar Boss ME-50 multi FX Legend Firebird half stack. I play mostly hard rock and mabe a bit of jazz and this guitar is perfect. The neck pickup is great for those clean rhythm tones whilst the neck pickup has blazing pinch squeals/harmonics (if you get them in the right spots) to go with those lead rifts. These pickups are great for stock pickups and the only reason I would change them is if I want somthing a little hotter but other than that they're great. The guitar sounds awesome for a basswood body. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was perfect from the factory. the only problem I had was with the Floyd Rose. Because it was my first Floyd Rose guitar, it was a pain the the arse to tune. but that was soon fixed up wich abt of wood to block it and an extra spring (I'm not a big fan of floating trems or bending notes upwards wif a trem). // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is a great guitar for those gigs were your runnin across the stage and doing those Van Halen jumps because if it breaks, it's not that expensive 2 replace. Everything seems to be solid. I've only had the guitar for a couple of weeks but the finish seems to have gotten slightly darker than when I first bought it (which makes it look even betta) if I were to have a backup guitar, I would buy another on of these. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is perfect for my style of music (hard rock/'80s rock) and is a steal for the money. I mean you get what you pay for and more. If this guitar was $500 more expensive, I would still buy it cause it has evything I need. If it were stolen I would buy another one. I might even put another volume knob later so I can get the killswitch effect. If your an evh fan but dnt want 2 spend iva a grand on a guitar, or just want somthing that will last you and has eveything you need, this is the guitar for you. // 9

More OLP reviews rating category latest review
+ MM1 8.6 Electric Guitars 05/23/2012