PE-LPS Review

manufacturer: Palmer date: 12/02/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Palmer: PE-LPS
The Palmer PE-LPS is a typical Les Paul style guitar. It is a beautiful guitar in both looks and sound. I play a wide variety of music and this guitar matches each genre perfectly.
 7.1
 5.1
review (1) pictures (1) 9 comments vote for this gear:
PE-LPS Reviewed by: tubal, on december 02, 2011

Purchased from: bidorbuy.com

Features: The Palmer PE-LPS is a beautiful guitar in both looks and sound. A lot of guitarists haven't heard of guitar manufacturer Palmer. This is because there is no Palmer Guitar Company. When manufacturers and suppliers enter into a contract to build to specifications the name goes on the instrument. Palmers are manufactured in this manner to high quality standards with quality components. Some Palmers have the patented Floyd Rose system with locking bridge. The quality is outstanding compared to guitars sold by some other manufacturers, and on par with Jackson and Schecter. You can visit their website at http://www.palmerguitarsusa.com/. I own the Palmer PE-LPS: Construction - Bolt-On Body - Solid Neck - Mahogany Scale - 25.5" Fingerboard - Rosewood Frets - 22 Inlays - Block Pick-ups - 2 Humbuckers Electronics - 2 Vol. / 2 Tone / 3 Way Switch Bridge - Hard Tail Tuners - Die Cast Machine Heads Hardware - Chrome Available colors: Solid Pack: 2 Blacks - 1 Red - 1 Blue Transparent Pack: Transparent Amber - Transparent Black - Transparent Red - Transparent Blue The guitar comes with a standard audio jack cable and tools. // 8

Sound: The Palmer PE-LPS is a typical Les Paul style guitar. It's dual humbuckers are very effective and by using the three way switch you can choose between three distinct sounds; Treble, Rhythm, or a little of both. I have played through almost every genre of music with this guitar and it all sounds good. To strum your open position chords just flick the switch up to Rhythm and you will get the mellow, rich sound of something close to an acoustic guitar. If you feel like playing some reggae style barre chords just flick the switch down to treble and the sound changes to sharp and bright. If you like the sound of distorted guitar strings then this guitar is perfect for you. Power chords with or without palm mute sound excellent and the Treble Setting is good for lead solos. I play the guitar through a Zoom G2.1U Guitar Effects Pedal int a Yamaha AX-590 Stereo Amplifier and the sound is just amazing. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar is very professionally made. The manufacturing was defiantly of high standard. No signs of poor assembly or inferior materials used. When I received I was very happy to see the quality of the new guitar I just bought. I have not noticed any flaws on the guitar. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Like I mentioned earlier the guitar is very well and solidly built. The hardware is of high quality and I think it will last you quite some time. Strap buttons are solid. It is dependable and I do not see a need to carry a backup guitar. The finish is good and I believe that it would last a long time. // 9

Overall Impression: I play a wide variety of music and this guitar matches each genre perfectly. I own other guitars made by Washburn, Yamaha and others I have been playing for about 5 years and this is the best guitar I ave owned. I do not regret buying this guitar and I would buy it again if I were in need of a guitar. It is affordable, but not cheaply made. It sounds great, and looks amazing. // 10

More Palmer reviews rating category latest review
+ Slingshot STD 5.7 Electric Guitars 10/10/2012