P-36 Review

9.9
 8.8
reviews (2) 2 comments vote for this gear:
P-36 Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 11, 2006

Features: The P-36 has all the signature capabilities of the high-end Parker Fly in a beautiful ash body with maple bolt-on neck. And when it comes to sound, the marriage of Parker technology with the vintage Tele electronic and control layout is mind-blowing. The pickups deliver twang and shimmer with tons of attitude. Count on the piezos for a very realistic acoustic sound, and then mix them with the magnetics for a hybrid that introduces a whole new dimension to music. // 10

Sound: The sound is amazing, when you want that Strat twang you have it, bu also when you want that fat humbucker sound you can achieve that too through the single coils! it's also dead quiet which is great for a tele configuration. You could recreate literally any sound on this guitar; especially acoustic which sounds fabulous with it's Active 6 Element Fishman Piezo (although you could maybe pick differences between it and an acoustic). Really fun constructing new sounds from mixing the magnetic and the piezo! Sounds great and that Funk sound is great! I play in a rock/punk band and it suits it all amazingly, but also when I try jazz and even metal with my band it handles it with ease making this guitar perfect for me although I would certainly not choose it if all I wanted to play was acoustic as an acoustic still sounds more acoustic than the Fishman Piezo. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Pickups set up great from word go. Everything good except for when I first got it the action was set slightly higher than my hands are accustomed too but with 30 seconds work it was set up perfect! Really enjoyable to play; feels like an SG mixed with a tele to me! Lush! The body is nice and small and hangs well and the neck is reasonably short scale like a Gibson and extremely fast, ie. suitable for shredders if they might like. The profile of the neck (how thin it is) is in my opinion amazing; halfway between a Fender and an Ibanez which makes it very playable and easy to manouvre around the fret board. When it arrived I was extremely pleased with the aesthetics of it, I was surprised to see it was slightly archtop and pleased with it. Everything felt expensive and looked the real deal. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The finish seems good to last, the strap buttons solid etc. I would highly recommend gigging with it although I would not gig without a backup, but Who does gig without a backup? Even if I had the most expensive and sturdy guitar in the world I would still bring a back up! The Volume, tone controls seem a little thin; maybe they could get damaged although it hasn't happened yet. I would reccomend anyone Who gigs get this guitar because it has the fishman piezo which can be a good backup if you are having the usual problem of 'small venue, loud volume = high feedback' as the fishman piezo does not feedback easily! // 9

Overall Impression: This is a great match for me and for any other guitarists except if you are reliant on having a 23rd and 24th fret which it does not posess. I highly reccomend it and at 350 it is an absolute bargain (if you can find it at that price as the RRP is around 550). The sound is brilliant, extremely versatile and I could not imagine it breaking with out it being through some really rough treatment. // 10

P-36 Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 14, 2009

Features: This guitar I believe was made between 06-08. Its made in indonesia like all the newer Parker p series guitars. its got a smooth thin neck with 22 nickel frets. solid Ash body and a maple neck. The one I've got is in natural looks amazing. It has the sweet Parker signature fly body but is modeled after the original tele. 3 pickup Switch selector. One volume knob one tone knob and a volume knob for the piezo. it came with a Parker deluxe gig-bag which is probably the best gig-bag I've ever owned. // 10

Sound: This guitar sounds AMAZING! hands down STELER! I play anything from classic rock to jazz to metal. I've got an Epiphone Les Paul Ultra which I love and is great for rock. I use my Jackson DKMG for metal and this things for jazz and blues. When I wanna play some earth wind and fire or some charlie Parker bird blues this things the guitar! Add a little reverb to the piezo and this thing sings. Add on the other two pickups and roll up the tone and this things a beast. Probably one of the nicest sounding guitars I've ever played. I'm primarily got this guitar for jazz and blues but I've tried it on metal and solo settings as well as rock stuff and this thing pretty damn versitle. Its slim sleek and sounds f--king great for pretty much everything but for jazz and blues it where it really shines. Parker describes the p36's sound as twang and shimmer. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I read reviews saying lower end Parker's have some minor issues sometimes like the action, tension and maybe the notation. I expected a new guitar like this would need a setup but NO! This thing played amazing right out of the box. I hated my les paul for having terrible action. My parkers virtually the easiest playing guitar I've ever played and other guitarist can agree with. I let a bunch of my friends try this guitar out and they all agreed its the easiest to play with. The actions perfect well at least for me, and the string bend so easily. The pickups sound great especially the piezo. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Everything about the guitar seems solid. and I'm not being bias. The hardware looks great and really solid. Again my Epiphone les paul's gold hardwares already fading like a bitch. This thing looks really solid and looks like its gonna last long. Everythings pretty much awesome. I would probably rely on this thing as my number 1 guitar on gig and stuff because its versatile light and is pretty damn solid. // 10

Overall Impression: When I first heard of this guitar I couldnt wait to order one. I've played a bunch of parkers and I'm a huuuge fan! Parker guitars are a type of guitar that you wither love or hate. The p36 in particular is a pretty steller guitar. Its versitile and sounds amazing. If you play jazz and blues or just use clean sounds a lot this things probably your best bet. I love and can't wait to save up for more parkers. Good job Parker guitars this things a great axe. I totally love my p36. // 10

More Parker reviews rating category latest review
+ PDF60 7.1 Electric Guitars 04/17/2014