PM-20 Review

manufacturer: Parker date: 09/02/2005 category: Electric Guitars
Parker: PM-20
It delivers the first new shape in the Parker line-up since the Parker Fly was first introduced 11 years ago. Born out of innovative Parker engineering, the PM-20 is a single cutaway design with a mahogany body and mahogany set neck. Equipped with custom wound Parker Stinger humbuckers, it just screams play me!
 8.9
 9.5
 8.3
review (1) 9 comments vote for this gear:
PM-20 Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 02, 2005

Features: Featuring unparalled playabilty, the PM-20 is a single cutaway design with a mahogany body and mahogany set neck. Equipped with custom wound Parker Stinger humbuckers, the PM-20 just screams play me! With over the top crunch tones, the PM-20 also delivers glistening clean tones. Dual coil-tapping is a standard feature on this guitar for single-coil tones. The PM-20 has a string-through design for superior sustain. - Body: bubinga or flame maple top, mahogany body - Bridge/tremolo: string through design - Controls: mag volume with push/pull coil tap and mag tone with push/pull coil tap - Fingerboard: ebony - Frets: 22 nickel silver - Inlays: none - Machine heads: Grover 18:1 ratio - Neck joint: traditional set-neck - Neck material: mahogany - Nut width: 1.65" - Pickguard: none - Pickups: Parker Stingers - Alnico Humbuckers - Scale 25 1/2". // 10

Sound: I listen to my AC/DC to ZZ Top of rock, and it works well with most of what I play, except for take me out by Franz Ferdinand, I just can't get the right settings for some parts. I use a Crate VTX212 and I use octave, tremo, reverb, phaser, flange, distortion, vib, single, echo, tape, efx, and I've done some wah, and it sounds ood wit hall of them. I like noisey so I can't tell you if it is noisey, not to mention that it's a 120 watt amp with two 10" drivers, but it seems good, its a pretty rich sound. It plays Sweet Home Alabama really well. It has an enormous ampount of variety with the push-pull coil tabs. I like its wide variety, since I like wide variety, I don't have a dislike to it, except the fourth string doesn't ring when I play Sweet Child O' Mine for some reason. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was set great, the pickups were set great, it was all done great, but one problem - scroll downi bought this guitar and when I brought it to my lesson, I noticed a giant "divot" on the side of the guitar, so I brought it back and MCC was nice enough to ship me a new one. When that one came after long await, I looked at it, it had an even better finish but when I looked at it, in the exact same place, there was this weird white stripe. But I don't mind much, it's barely noticable, and I loves my guitar. // 8

Overall Impression: I love this guitar, it's not perfect but it's not three grand. I found one guitar I liked better, and that was the Parker Fly Mojo, but it's three grand. I also compared to an Erniball guitar, I can't remember the name of it and a Fender Showmaster. // 10

More Parker reviews rating category latest review
+ PDF100 9.6 Electric Guitars 01/22/2013