PM20-Pro Review

manufacturer: Parker date: 07/08/2014 category: Electric Guitars
Parker: PM20-Pro
review (1) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
PM20-Pro Reviewed by: Victorgeiger, on july 08, 2014

Features: I love this guitar! It has been my main axe for over a year and my playing has greatly benefited from this quality guitar. It is made in Korea, but I can tell it is of the highest quality, the whole guitar is made out of one big log of mahogany, it comes in a stunning all white or equally beautiful Flametop Maple Honey Burst finish which is the one I have. Both models have a lovely abalone binding finish around the guitar. It is a real looker.

The body is reminiscent of a Les Paul with some of the classic Parker touches like the angular cutaway horn and distinctive "samurai" style six-on-aside head-stock. The tuners are made by Sperzel, they lock and this guitar never goes out of tune no matter how hard I play. The bridge is a TonePro and the strings go through the body which means this guitar has great tone and sustain.

It has a 3-way pickup selector and 2 pots, one for volume and one for tone. They each have a single-coil tap to provide many different tone possibilities. Pickups are original Seymour Duncan, Jazz at the neck and JB-4 at the bridge. Thanks to these amazing pick-ups this guitar can sing, cry and growl with amazing depth and clarity. I believe these pick-ups are the main reason why they dubbed this guitar "Pro," they are very pro. // 10

Sound: I play a ton of different styles but I always go back to metal. For the new metal scene I believe this guitar is even better than a Les Paul, It has a thick solid wall of bass that balances perfectly with the mids and presence, when used with the right distortion you will make ears bleed with joy at the heavy tone. I am seriously very impressed by it. Of coarse for everything else it sounds great to. If you are interested, at my blog you will find a video where I go through all the tone and sound options with different settings. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought this guitar from an enthusiast that owns over 30 guitars. I was looking for a Randy Rhoads type flying V but when he handed me this guitar I fell in love. The amazing action on the perfect ebony fretboard instantly made me need this guitar because I had been playing on a buzzy high action rosewood for over two years. When he offered it to me for $350 I almost died and it was sold. He even threw in a hardcase. The guitar is absolutely flawless, I have spent considerable time just looking at it trying to find anything out of place or wrong with it but there is nothing and you can feel it when you play. This guitar is a different breed to the other mass-manufactured guitars in its price range and I think most people who play it for this first time will be pleasantly surprised. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have used this guitar for live playing and carried it around in a soft bag at times. I am honestly surprised and truly thankful that it hasn't received a single nick or bump but that also attests to how durable the guitar really is. It is made from solid high quality parts and I do not believe it will ever break from something unreasonable. The strap buttons are very solid and don't often come lose, even if they do come slightly lose they are not going anywhere fast so you can definitely depend on it. Even the cable jack has never started buzzing or loosening up. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly metal which makes the guitar a great match for me because of the Seymour Duncan JB at the bridge. Interestingly enough though, because of the huge variety of tones available on this guitar and because of how great they all sound I have actually been inspired to experiment with other genres. I have been playing guitar for 6 years and have had this guitar for 2. I play it through a Boss ME-70 Multi-effects unit into my PA system with COSM on and it sounds just fantastic. If it were stolen I would hunt down the guy that took it and if I don't manage to find him then I would go back to the guy who sold it to me and buy one of his other 30 amazing guitars. The thing I love most about this guitar is that it is one solid chunk of mahogany, this does so many good things for a guitar and you have to feel it to understand what I mean. I do not wish this guitar had anything but I do wish I had an identical one with a double-locking tremolo so that I could do all that cool Alexi Laiho stuff through the guitar as well. // 10

More Parker reviews rating category latest review
+ PDF60 7.1 Electric Guitars 04/17/2014