Limited EXP Review

manufacturer: Peavey date: 05/17/2005 category: Electric Guitars
Peavey: Limited EXP
With a 25 1/2" scale and 22 frets, the Limited EXP electric guitar is similar to the other guitars in the Limited series, except it is manufactured in Korea. As such, the price point on this guitar is significantly lower than the other guitars in the series, while still offering Peavey engineering and reliability.
 8.6
 8.8
 8.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Limited EXP Reviewed by: D34D1, on may 17, 2005

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

Features: This guitar was made in korea not sure what year and has 22 medium or medium jumbo frets although I'm leaning more tword medium. The neck has a radius of 12" and is made of maple with a rosewood freboard the scale is 25.5". the body has a laminated quilted top as far as I can tell it doesnt look real in a Strat style shap with a hip-shot tremelo. The electronics are passive with a 5way Switch selector 1 tone and one volume knob. The pick ups are stock and the config. is S-S-H although not the best there better then stock Ibanez pickups. The tuners are grovers which are nice and the neck joint is all access. I got mine for 178 because it was supposed to be refurbished and was a good choice. // 10

Sound: I play many different styles of music from classical to death metal including Vai, Petrucci and alot of the popular classic rock and this guitar pretty much handles everything and could get the sound I wanted because of the diversity in pick up selection. I use no effects and play straight into a Fender deluxe amp the humbucker has a decent thickness but is alil thin and the single coils hum quite a bit but they put out a nice glassy tone and the tremelo does not distort the pitches and the guitar stays in tune very well. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: From the factory the guitar was set up with a decent action a bit high but no fret buzz and some strngs were flat. The pickups needed no adjusting and all the routing and the cavitys were nicely done and finished with the special metal paper to block out interference from other electrical things the saddles in my bridge are not chrome although the rest of the bridge is and have some oxidization like what copper gets green on the insides of the saddles and isn't very noticible but still caught my attention. The neck plays really well and after adjusting the action its down pretty low. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar definitely can withstand live playing and the guitar is taking a beating in my room like a champ. The strap buttons are very solid and I would depend on it and I have used it without a backup. I have yet to chip the finish of this guitar and believe me I've beaten this thing in my room. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar will match any style of music you want I've been playing for 1.5 years, now and I have played many other guitars and this one has played the easiest for its price range and sounded the best this is probably the only Korean guitar I'd recommend. If the guitar were stolen I would not buy another, I would move onto to a better guitar but only because I'm getting to where I want a new one with more options like a flyod rose and 24 frets aswell as jumbo, the only thing I really wish it had would be a flyod rose if it did I probably would not get another guitar and just hot rod this one. // 8

More Peavey reviews rating category latest review
+ Vypyr 15 7.9 Guitar Amplifiers 03/05/2014