Mystic Review

manufacturer: Peavey date: 03/10/2009 category: Electric Guitars
Peavey: Mystic
My Peavey was made in 1983. It's made in USA. It has 23 frets. Which you don't see everyday.
 8.6
 9.3
review (1) pictures (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Mystic Reviewed by: ch153, on march 10, 2009

Features: My Peavey was mad in 1983. It's made in USA. It has 23 frets. Which you don't see everyday. It has a maple neck and fretboard. The body is most likely maple as well. I can't really explain the body style. It reminds me of a spider or something. String-thru body with manufacurer tremolo. Railed humbuckers. One volume, two tone, 3-way pickup selector. // 8

Sound: It fit's really great with my playing style. My style would refer to Metal, Heavy Metal, Classical, Jazz, Buckethead type stuff. It's not that noisy. Not really any feedback from it. It's got that rich/full sound. It can make a bunch of sounds. Pretty much like any other guitar with humbuckers. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action of this guitar is great! The pickups are adjusted good. This guitar does have extremely minor scratches. And the only major flaw is on the top cutaway... But nobody would notice it because when you stand up. The strap covers it. Everything else on this guitar is fine. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can stand Live playing. I've performed with it a few times as well. The hardware seems like it would last forever. The strap buttons are solid steel in a chrome finish. This guitar is really reliable. Considering it's like 25 years old. The paint job looks fine. Maybe the finish has faded somewhat. But the paint jobs not comming off any time soon. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar is pretty much good for any style of playing. I've been playing for 8 1/2 years and I'm in 11th grade. I own a Marshall amp, a Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor, a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal, and a Snarling Dogs Mold Spore Wah pedal. If this guitar was stolen or lost... I'd probably never find one again. Or at least in black anyway. This guitar is sorta hard to find... I like the body style. I wish the output of the pickups were a little higher. My favorite feature is the fretboard and neck. It's really shiny! Glossy finish. It's like a fly and a fly zapper. Your attracted to it. I never really compared it to other guitars. I wish it came with a Floyd Rose. This frickin thing would look awesome with one. Chrome finsh. // 9

More Peavey reviews rating category latest review
+ PXD Twenty-Three III 8.8 Electric Guitars 10/07/2014