Raptor Stage Pack Review

manufacturer: Peavey date: 03/18/2009 category: Electric Guitars
Peavey: Raptor Stage Pack
Electric guitar kit contain everything you'll need as a beginner: electric guitar, spare guitar strings, cable, amp, picks, strap, even instruction books are included in some electric guitar packs.
 7.2
 9.6
 4.7
review (1) 10 comments vote for this gear:
Raptor Stage Pack Reviewed by: 0GibsonLesPaul0, on march 18, 2009

Features: This pack is a great pack for a beginner. With features like: Raptor Plus EX electric guitar Transtube Backstage guitar practice amp Cable Gig bag Guitar strap Digital tuner Extra set of strings Picks Total Musician Series instructional DVD Guitar available in Red, Black, and Sunburst How can you go wrong? It has a Stratocaster body style, along with a Floyd Rose style bridge. There is two tone controls, along with a five way pickup selector. It has two single-coil pickups, along with one humbucker towards the bridge. The strap though is not the greatest. The day after I got it, it started to fall off, so I had to go get a new one. // 9

Sound: The guitar has a great sound. It fit's my style of music perfectly! (Rock, hard rock, metal) The amp that it comes with is a great plus! A lot of people that I talk to say that if you get a guitar pack with an amp, that the amp sucks. But this one isn't so bad. Not so noisy either. You can get really good pinch harmonics on this guitar. The amp is only noisy when you use a distortion pedal and put that all of the way up. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I did not find any flaws in this guitar. At least not from my naked eye. The pickups and bridge fit right into the guitar. Nice and snug. The top is bookmatched nice too. The only thing that I don't like, is when you slide, the frets are so far up that you hear a slight clicking noise in the amp. The pickup selector is good. Not noisy at all. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've played this at Live gigs a couple of times through my four years having it. The hardware is still good, but the tremolo bar got bent a little bit towards where you screw it in so it doesn't go in as easily. The buttons still are good; it's just the straps that keep on going. I would depend on it if I went to a gig. I wouldn't bring a backup. The finish is still on there as if it just came out of the shop yesterday. // 10

Overall Impression: It fit's my style of music perfectly! (Rock, hard rock, metal) I've been playing for four years now and it stands up right beside my Epiphone Les Paul 100. There was nothing really that I could have asked considering that I got it for my birthday. If it were stole or lost, I would probably buy another one, but not the pack. My favorite feature on this guitar is the sunburst color. Great for my taste. Nothing really that is bad about this guitar pack. // 10

More Peavey reviews rating category latest review
+ Vypyr VIP 2 7.6 Guitar Amplifiers 06/02/2014