Rockmaster Review

5.1
reviews (2) pictures (4) 26 comments vote for this gear:
Rockmaster Reviewed by: gunsn'roses123, on march 26, 2012

Purchased from: Target

Features: It was made in Japan. It has 20 frets, ebony neck, solid top, neck I believe is maple, it has a black painted finish to it, it has a tune-o-matic bridge, it only has 2 controls, the volume and tone, I put new pickups so they are Custom Seymor Duncans, Locking Grover tuners. // 8

Sound: It fits my style perfectly because it has a very thin neck which helps since I now get cramps playing my Strat. I use a Line 6 Spider IV 75 w amp and a Boss Distortion pedal. It has a great sound to it. Unfortunately after a few years you are going to have to re-sauder the jack that the cable goes into. I can make just about any sound I want to make when I play. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything was in perfect condition when I got it. Once again after a few years, I've had this guitar since 2007, the jacks saudering WILL have to be replaced. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have been using this guitar since 2007 and I can definatly depend on it. I only had to re sauder the jack this year, and its been awhile. I've also dropped it a lot and the sound has never changed. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a range of music from hard rock to heavy metal. It is a great match for me. I have been playing for about 6-7 years now and I am a great rhythm guitarist. I own 6 other guitars: Schecter Diamond series Devil Custom, Montana acoustic, Polish handmade acoustic, Spectrum Stratocaster, and a custom V I built. Amps: Peavey Mace 120w and Peavey Mace bass speaker, Line 6 Spider IV 75 w, and a few little practice amps. I also have a Boss Distortion Pedal. I've always wanted my dads guitar originally because it was a completely custom guitar built for him, but he sold it. I would definitely buy another one if it was stolen, it IS my favorite guitar ever so far. I love everything about it other wise I wouldn't be making this review! My favorite part of the guitar is the neck because it is very thin. I compared it to all the other guitars I have and the best guitar I can play with is this particular instrument. // 10

Rockmaster Reviewed by: Ninja0King, on march 29, 2010

Purchased from: Target

Features: Length: 39.5 "; Width: 15.2 "; Depth: 5.25 "; 7.0 Lb.; "Hand Crafted" in China; Full Size, Adjustable Truss Rod, Pick Guard, Hand Varnished, Right-Handed, Fretboard Inlay, Angular Body, 1 Humbucker, Chrome Stoptail Bridge, Solid Body Basswood, Maple Neck, Rosewood Frets, Tone and Volume Selector; Comes With Amp, Strap, R/W/B Picks; Amplifier Features: Overdrive, Headphone Jack, 5 Watt, Portable. // 5

Sound: I'm kinda into Thrash & Shred Metal, and this particular guitar doesn't suit it very well. The Amp's Overdive is Horrible and if the Gutar's Volume knob isn't at 10, it buzzes quite badly. Changing the tone aslo causes extra buzzzing. The guitar does best with a clean sound or low overdrive, but without a differant amp, it's hard to get any other sound from it. // 3

Action, Fit & Finish: From the factory, the set up was alright. I did some minor adjustments at the bridge, but the truss rod was perfect for me. The first time they shipped it, the sent the wrong color finish, but they replaced it for no charge. The materials of the guitar haven't let me down, although I probably wouldn't ever use it in a live show. The Shoulder strap is crap and began to shred right away, also the Amp -which is only 5 watts- isnt good for much eather. You can get it in all sorts of finishes, which is pretty nice, but nothing special. // 4

Reliability & Durability: The strap buttons seem okay, although it may slip if use the stock strap or wear it funny. I would recommend replacing both the buttons and the strap at some point. The finish hasn't faded anywhere from I can see. I don't think I would use it in a gig, but for practice, it is pretty dependable. // 5

Overall Impression: This guitar doesn't suit me too well, but its really just a cheap Starter Kit that I would recommend to someone who enjoys playing, but doesn't want to spend much money on their first electric. I haven't been playing too long, and already the guitar can't keep up with some of my demands. If I where to lose this guitar, I would probably buy a pricer one. More than anything I like the look, it's a got a nice strat-like apprearance. I don't like that it only has one humbucker, and I will be modding that soon. It doesn't have many features, but it's a nice guitar to have in case you don't want to bring out a more expensive one in fear of damaging it, or getting it stolen. // 5

More Peavey reviews rating category latest review
+ 6534+ 7.3 Guitar Amplifiers 09/15/2014