T-15 Review

manufacturer: Peavey date: 04/03/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Peavey: T-15
For me this guitar can fit my style and I believe counrty would sound great on the T-15 also. This guitar surpassed my expectations.
 Features: 9.5
 9.1
 6.8
reviews (2) pictures (4) 15 comments vote for this gear:
T-15 Reviewed by: Tjet612, on april 01, 2011

Purchased from: Local Pawn Shop

Features: The T-15s were made in the U.S. during 1982-83 and its features are: 20 frets 23.5in scale Metal Nut 37 inches in total length It weighs close to 9lbs 3 way selector Peavey Super Ferrite(Some say they are p-90s and some say humbuckers) 1 volume and 1 tone Peavey Trulock tuners Case with a 50 watt amp built in. The body is ash and the bolt on neck is maple // 10

Sound: At first I played this guitar after playing a Fender Mustang. And I liked the sound of the T-15 over the mustang. The Super Ferrite pickups really packed a punch in the shop. I was using a Fender practice with a little Drive and the tone sounded great. I bought it to play soft rock and maybe a little pop punk on. I got home and decided to see what it sounded like with my metal/hard rock settings and on my Line 6 Floor POD Plus through a Peavey Deuce tube amp from the 70s and it sounded great. There was a little noise but not an unbearable amount. I mainly play metal, blues, and many forms of rock music. Harmonics sound great on it and it has a really great tone. I'm going to give it a 9 due to the noise. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't know how this guitar was set from the factory but when I got it I had to raise the action a tid bit and the guitar did not come with pegs for a strap, a ground wire was visible through the pickguard, and I had to file 1 or 2 of the fretwires. The guitar is a natural color with a white pickguard, silver and black, and a silver pickups selector. These issues were small and since it was used I'll give it an 9. Otherwise I'd give it an 8. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar is great for gigging. With all the Peavey guitars I have owned, (like 4) the hardware always seems great. Considering 2 of them are from the 80s, I believe in Peavey hardware. The strap buttons I had to add seem reliable. But the sad thing is that the guitar has 20 frets and yes for my style I will need 22 frets to play with one guitar. For a rhythm player this guitar could go without a backup but I play lead. So I'm giving it an 8. // 8

Overall Impression: For me this guitar can fit my style and I believe counrty would sound great on the T-15 also. I used a slide on it for a little bit and I was pleased with the sound. This guitar surpassed my expectations. If this guitar was lost or stolen I would be angry. I would probably flip out. If I knew who stole I'd probably go hunt them down. Like I said this guitar bested a Fender Mustang that was in the shop. I don't remember the exact model but it was an American made Fender. I going to give impression a 9. // 9

T-15 Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 03, 2012

Features: The T-15 was my first guitar. My parents bought it for me when I was about 13. I still own it. The intonation had gone out on it so I brought it to guitar center and they fixed it. I've been playing it for the last couple months again and it brings back memories. The cases are really solid. My didn't come with an amp in the case. The case really protects the guitar though. They are solid. You could knock someone out with one of these cases. LOL. The guitar is very solid feeling too. // 9

Sound: It has a clean, somewhat twangy sound. It wasn't a very expensive guitar went I got it, as far as I know (it was a christmas present when I was 13) but judging by ebay they seem to at least doubled in price isnce that time and I expect they will continue going up. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Action is fine now that I got it set-up. The only thing that is a little difficult is that the bridge is solid so when the intonation went out on it I couldn't fix it myself. The finish is good. Mine still looks almost new. Of course I haven't dropped it a lot or moved it much. It was in a case for many years. Mine is the classic colors-brownish sunburst with a off white pick guard. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've had it for over 30 years and it looks close to new. The strap buttons are solid on mine. The hardware has lasted 30+ years. I play at places where acoustic-electrics are the norm so I haven't played out with this but if I do play at a place where electrics are more the norm I will bring this one as well as my Strat. // 10

Overall Impression: It's a good guitar. Its smaller than many of my other guitars but that makes it unique to me. It has held up really well for 30 years and its a neat looking guitar too because not many people have them. My overall impression is that these were great guitars that sold for very good prices and while they have gone up in price I think they will probably continue going up in price as the years go on because they are unique and were only made for a few years in the early 80s. // 9

More Peavey reviews rating category latest review
+ Vypyr VIP 2 7.6 Guitar Amplifiers 06/02/2014