Tracer Review

7.2
 6.1
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Tracer Reviewed by: neuroplay.com, on april 07, 2004

Features: This is a fairly old guitar, I think they stopped making them 5 years ago (1999). It's got a single humbucker, a volume and tone knob, and a bar. The neck is smaller than most guitars (width wise) and it has 22 frets. The headstock curves down like a Jackson, with all tuners on one side. // 6

Sound: It's a little choppy but it gets you through what you need. It's no PRS or Gibson but It's good enough. Right now I'm using it through a Marshall G15MS just for practice when I leave all my gear at the band's practice place. It's just an ordinary sound. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: I'd say it was built pretty well. The neck isn't bowing, the knobs don't mess up, the jack is still intact, and nothings commming apart or off. The bridge is slowly being pulled off, but that's what you get when you have a guitar with a bar. The high E string won't fit under the holster on the head stock (the part where you slip the string under, not the nut). Other than that it's great! // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can with stand all you put a practice guitar through, it hasn't been through much since I've had it, it's just been sitting against my bed waiting for me to pick it up every once in a while. It has no scratches, it's really good against scratching. // 8

Overall Impression: I play just a bunch of oldies on it, it seems to match them all great. It's better than a starter pack guitar, but not quite as good as an expensive Strat from a big shop. It's a great practice guitar, but I'm not sure if I would use it for much more. // 8

More Peavey reviews rating category latest review
+ Envoy 110 8.7 Guitar Amplifiers 11/10/2014