Les Paul Review

manufacturer: Rikter date: 10/26/2010 category: Electric Guitars
Rikter: Les Paul
A Les Paul copy guitar from Rikter. Features a elm body with arched top, chrome hardware and two covered humbuckers.
 6.3
 9.4
 3.1
review (1) 27 comments vote for this gear:
Les Paul Reviewed by: HorrorPunk666, on october 26, 2010

Features: I don't know what year this guitar was made, but I know it was made in china. It has 22 frets and a thin maple neck.(Silver) The one I purchased has a silver basswood body which is really cool, gives you a heavy sound. This guitar is based on a Gibson Les Paul, with the 2 volume 2 tone controls, and the pickup selector above the fretboard. It also has a string thru body - bridge which is also really neat. It came with Standard rikter humbuckers which produce a heavy rhythm tone and screaming leads. They are passive pickups as well. Like I said before it has 4 controls - 2 volume, 2 tone, and a 3 way pickup selector switch. The tuners are non-locking, not sure what make they are. I got a 70 watt amp with it, I payed an extra 30 for that. // 9

Sound: You can get any tone you want out of this. Metal, blues, pop, punk etc.. anything you want, it suits all of them. I mostly play metal so it suits me perfect. I use a White Horse gt260h 120 watt head-cab combo with it and it sounds brilliant. It is also dead quiet through the amp, no hiss, no feedback, which is awesome. Like I said above, you can get anything out of this, and it suits all playing styles, which is kinda handy. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up perfect for me, very low action which is perfect for me. The pickups were in good condition, I got this new which was really suprising, so it still had the plastic coverings over them. There was no problem with the bridge at all, all in very good condition. There was absolutley no flaws at all, and I know people are gonna say that there is always flaws with a guitar, but there wasn't at all. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I haven't played this guitar live yet, but I would say that it will hold up because it is just a solid guitar, which is always great. The hardware on this guitar will definitley hold, I've had no problems with it. The strap buttons are great, they keep any strap locked to the guitar. I would use this guitar at a gig without a backup, but in the band that I am in, we go through different tunings, so just for that reason, I would take a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: My style of playing is generally metal, and this guitar suits it perfect. I have been playing for about 3 years now, and I have gone through many different guitars, and this is the best of em all.. If this got stolen, I would go out and buy another one. The guitar itself is just beautiful, the one thing I wished it had is grover tuners and a Floyd Rose tremelo with the locking system, but all in all, I'm happy with it anyway. This guitar stood out in the shop, and I am glad that I chose it. // 9

Comments