Stratocaster Review

9.6
 5.8
review (1) 10 comments vote for this gear:
Stratocaster Reviewed by: dane10, on december 22, 2006

Features: RJ Strat Copy is by far one of their richest-sounding guitars. It was made here, but according to the clerk, the parts came from the US. The 21-fret maple neck is efficiently small, although I still have a hard time getting used to it since I have big hands. The solid-top body is made of light alder and the finish is quite incredible. It is in a fabulous slim-top Strat body with a floating bridge. The main controls are volume, two tone knobs, and a 5-way pickup selector. The pickups, common with any Strat, are single coil. For $126, the RJ Strat comes with a gig bag, cable, strap, and a GX-10 amp. // 9

Sound: I play rhythm guitar in rock, pop/rock, and prog-rock music, and this versatile guitar fits my style well. I still use my GX-10 amp up to now and I commonly play with setting 4 (middle and neck pickup). The variety of the guitar sounds ranges from the high tones of the Telecaster (showcased in Queen's Wembley "Crazy Little Thing Called Love") and the low, crunchy tones of the Les Paul. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I wouldn't know that (hehe). But everything is surely in place and there are no known flaws yet. It is a little bit heavy, though. At least 3 kg heavy. But with the strap and the proper support, it is okay. The bolt-on brigde is properly aligned and the headstock is perfectly shaped. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I'm actually planning to debut it in our songfest by the end of January, and I'm pretty sure it would last. I have already heard it play live, and it is great for both rhythm and lead. If I would play it in a gig, since it is my only electric guitar, I'd have to take my chances, but I'm sure it would last. The finish is very nice, and very durable, and the pickguard is very reliable. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock, pop/rock, and prog-rock for a year already, and I own a Valencia CG180 classical guitar. What I love about this guitar is because I can still feel my classical roots while playing it, but what I hate about is the neck. It's an inch thinner than my Valencia (which has a wide neck) that's why I have problems playing sometimes. My favorite feature would be the tremolo arm. If I would compare this guitar to the Les Paul and the Telecaster, I think it has the best of both. // 9

More RJ reviews rating category latest review
+ Strut 4.7 Electric Guitars 06/03/2014