RR100 Rocketeer Review

manufacturer: Rogue date: 01/20/2014 category: Electric Guitars
Rogue: RR100 Rocketeer
I definitely recommend this to a beginner! For professionals - unless you upgrade the pick ups, this is also for you, or mainly a backup guitar.
 6.6
 8.6
 4.5
review (1) pictures (2) user comments vote for this gear:
RR100 Rocketeer Reviewed by: killgore1223, on january 20, 2014

Features: This is my first review, so I might sound super generic.

This guitar has 2 tone nobs and a 5 way switcher that definitely gets the job done. Although the knobs can he a bit of a bum dude to the fact that they don't change much. The 5 way switcher works. The Neck is really nice! As its made with maple and has 22 frets, its rosewood so to me it definitely feels really comfortable! The frets are not big which is what I like. My guitar is black. It kind of has a strat/Ibanez bass guitar look. Kind of hard to explain. But that's what makes it unique! It has 2 single coil pick ups along with a pretty good humbucker at the bottom. Theirs no brand to them but they sound a little fuzzy but really blast when you get the settings just right. Tuners stay in tune no matter what! Plus it was in a guitar pack so I got a gig bag which doesn't last very long. You'll be lucky to keep it for a month and a half TOPS! I got a cheap cable with it too so I had to get another one to stop more of the fuzz and help the sound. The strap is standard so its ok, and it came with a whammy bar, I SUGGEST YOU REPLACE IT! The whammy bar ridges were it looks like a screw bends super easy and you wont be able to screw it on the guitar. But if you don't bend it too much I'm sure it will be ok. // 8

Sound: When you get this guitar it is a fantastic guitar for punk, metal, ska, jazz, and blues. It really does fit with most genres! I got a 10 watt amp with it which sounds ok, but doesn't give you much to work with. Its a practice amp but sounds super fuzzy and the overdrive button when pressed, doesn't give you much to wow anyone. I suggest replacing the sub woofer, or speaker with a bigger sub woofer/speaker with a bigger magnet. So you can get a bigger better fuller sound. The fuzz from the guitar isn't that bad as long as you can deal with it through distortion and a better amp. The guitar sounds great and bright, kind of too high with the amp. But again use distortion and you'll be fine. The sounds... All I can say is it can make anything with the right settings. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The action it came by needed to be lowered a bit for me. Since I kind of shred I needed it low. But if you like to chug it, the way it comes will be fine. The set up from the factory, was near perfect! I was blown away by how cheap this guitar was, but the sound was amazing, sounds like a guitar you'd get for over 400 bucks! The bridge was properly done. I did not find really any flaws to this guitar other than the action. And the pick ups could be lowered a but also. I also recommend, even though the pick ups are great already. You could replace them to get a fuller sound. I'm happy with them. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Playing it live is up to you. I'm sure this guitar is pretty good gig guitar. Although I haven't played a gig yet so try it for yourself and tell me if its good. But I'm sure its great for gigs! The tuning will never be a hassle as long as you want. I'm sure like an hour or 2 in you'll have to tune it, and when you use the whammy bar it only will slightly go out of tune. The strap buttons are fit great! But I suggest strap locks. But it will hold regular straps. And the finish will last you a long time! // 10

Overall Impression: I must say when I got this axe it's now my main guitar. My BABY! I, just joining a band, I don't know how long that will last, but I'm sure when I get to play a gig this guitar will play amazing with flying colors. If it was stolen, I would definitely get another one! I love how this axe can definitely go through what ever genre you like and how it stays in tune for like ever. What I don't like is how the tone knobs which works the distortion doesn't make a huge difference. But I do love the pick ups as they can give you the sound you need! I definitely recommend this to a beginner! For professionals. Unless you upgrade the pick ups, this is also for you, or mainly a backup guitar. // 9

More Rogue reviews rating category latest review
+ Analog Chorus 7.3 Guitar Effects 02/03/2014