Concorde CD3 Review

8.2
reviews (2) 8 comments vote for this gear:
Concorde CD3 Reviewed by: Darkshade666, on june 22, 2007

Purchased from: Local Store

Features: This guitar was made in Thailand in 2005. It has 24 frets, the fingerboard is made out of Rosewood. The neck is made out of mahogany wood. The body is a double cutaway sculpted body. The HH pickups were designed by Seymour Duncan (HB-102). It features 1 volume and 1 tone knobs and a 2-way selector. The bridge is a fixed bridge. // 9

Sound: The pickups on this guitar produce an amazing sound that suits a lot of music styles. I play everything from Metal, to Classic Rock, to Alternative and this guitar really suits all these styles. I'm playing through a Korg AX1500G pedalboard and a Roland Cube 15. The sound produced is free of noise and hum. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When I bought this axe it had no flaws whatsoever. The action was already set-up the closest way to the fretboard without producing any weird buzzes. The pickups were well adjusted, so it saved me both time and money, from getting it set-up at any music store. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is really dependable. Its harware is solid and rigid, so it will definitely stand Live playing. It has 3 solid strap buttons, so on stage you won't have to worry about the strap getting loose or anything bad. The fixed bridge makes it less likely for the guitar to go out of tune. // 9

Overall Impression: I play all music styles related to rock and metal, I started playing guitar 14 months ago. I own this guitar, a Samick Malibu, a Korg AX1500G pedalboard and a Roland Cube 15. If it were stolen I would buy the same guitar, for the price you can't go wrong. I liked about it mostly the fretboard and the pickups. It has all features I need. // 9

Concorde CD3 Reviewed by: Hakael, on june 23, 2007

Features: Not sure when the particular one I played was made. It's a Korean made guitar. Greg Bennett designed. 24 fret, solid, mahogany body. Double cutaway, quilt top. It has a bound, set, mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard. Grover tuners. Stop tailpiece with Tonepros style bridge. H/H Duncan designed, passive pickups. Volume and tone controls with three way selector switch. // 9

Sound: I play anything from early rock, alternative, to heavy metal and this guitar handles all of it easily. I've played it through a Roland Jazz Chorus, Roland Cube 30, and Microcube, also with a DigiTech RP80. The guitar has a wonderful amount of sustain, and, for Duncan Designed pickups, is capable of rich sounding cleans to your heavy metal crunch. Pretty Standard fare for an H/H guitar, this handles everything other higher priced models can, just as well. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I didn't get a chance to play it right out of the box. I know the store owner had a setup done on the guitar previously. The action was amazingly low, with no fretbuzz on any string/fret. Pickups were adjusted just fine and I failed to see a single flaw in the workmanship. Tuners were solid feeling. Knobs also felt solid and not "loose." I didn't hear any crackling or noise from either the knobs or the selector switch. Intonation was spot on, again probably due to a proper setup. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar was meant to be gigged with. Construction was solid from the tuners to the strap pegs and everywhere in between. It seems to weigh a bit lighter, thanks in part to the smaller headstock, making longer gigs easier. Also the balance of the guitar is nicely distributed, with the weight more towards the back of teh guitar, combined again with the lighter headstock, making it easy to keep in a playable position with no fear of the guitar going for a "head dive." The finish was wonderfully done with a beautiful abalone type binding and a very active quilt top. Any online picture of this guitar simply doesn't do it enough justice. // 10

Overall Impression: I haven't been playing very long, and my tastes are becoming more diverse as I continue to learn, but for many of the styles I initially enjoyed playing (rock, alternative, heavy metal), this guitar fit perfectly and sounds great for any of those. If it wasn't for the fact that I already own three similarly styled guitars (capable of doing the same type of music), I would have snatched this up in a heartbeat. If I had this guitar and it had been stolen/lost, I would most definitey replace it. One of the reasons why I think so highly of this particular guitar, is for the features, playability, craftmanship, and sound, this guitar easily equals similar styled guitars that would normally cost hundreds more. The only things that I would consider changing on this guitar would possibly be getting Seymour Duncan pickups (more a personal preferrance really as the stock pickups are decent) and adding a coil-tap feature for added versitality. // 9

More Samick reviews rating category latest review
+ JTR Linda LN30 9 Electric Guitars 08/28/2014