Warlock Review

review (1) pictures (1) 24 comments vote for this gear:
Warlock Reviewed by: fcukyoufirefly, on february 01, 2010

Price paid: A$ 233

Purchased from: Trademe

Features: Made in Korea since 1958. I'm not actually sure what model this guitar is, but the serial number is 2050428, if that tells you anything. It has a warlock body, and although my one has been custom painted with some mean skulls, it is just plain black with a creamy white line around the edge. The guitar features a Licenced Floyd Rose Tremelo and locking nuts. 25 frets. Also includes a 3-way selector and 3 control knobs. // 5

Sound: This guitar definately needs its buddy to sound good, my Line 6 IV amp. I got my guitar in the post, not expecting much out of it. I took it straight to my local music store and they changed the strings and tuned it for me. I was shocked at how nice it played after that. I play mostly rock and metal, and it sounds great. Solos sound awesome, but it's probably not the guitar for strumming or power chords. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't know a lot about this guitar, but when I got it I was happy with everything except the strings, which were a cheap and easy fix. The only problem is that the strings get rusty fast around the string locks and need changed every 6 months or so, which is more often than I'd like to. Everything else is satisfactory. It would of course be no match against a Dean or a Gibson or something awesome like that, but it's definately one of the best guitars for it's price I've ever played // 7

Reliability & Durability: It's a pretty hardy guitar, I reckon. I've never gotten around to getting the bridge clamped down, but I'm rough with it anyway and it's fine. I've dropped it by accident a fair few times too, and it hasn't gotten any new scratches or dints since it arrived at my door. I think it would withstand live playing, and I know can depend on this guitar for a long time. // 6

Overall Impression: I play heavy rock and metal, and this guitar is amazing for playing solos on. I've been playing for 6 years, but since I'm pretty broke I've never had many really cool guitars. This is definately my favourite guitar, but if it were lost or stolen, I don't think I would get it again. I would be really gutted, but probably save up for something better set up. I love this guitar, mostly because it is the coolest looking guitar I have ever seen! // 8

More Samick reviews rating category latest review
+ JTR Linda LN30 9 Electric Guitars 08/28/2014