006 Deluxe Review

manufacturer: Schecter date: 01/20/2009 category: Electric Guitars
Schecter: 006 Deluxe
The 006 is loaded with Schecter Diamond high output humbucker pickups and built with a basswood body, bolt-on maple neck, rosewood fingerboard and dot inlays.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.7
 Features: 8.3
 8.4
 8.7
 8.1
reviews (7) 37 comments vote for this gear:
006 Deluxe Reviewed by: Schecter006love, on april 30, 2005

Features: Made in Korea, it has 22 jumbo frets and a rosewood fretboard, neck is maple. It is a solid body arched top design, following the lines a Strat. It has a dark red transparent satin finish, looks really great after a polish. It has a string-thru body bridge, and two humbuckers, accompanied by a 3-way selector, a volume knob, and a tone (or distortion as I've seen it called) knob. // 10

Sound: This guitar, being my first electric suits my music style perfectly, I'm just learning but I play mainly classic rock and it sounds great! But this guitar is really good for just about any style of play. I run it through a 15 watt Vox amp, with built in effects, and I can set it up to sound just about anyway I want. Although with a lot of distortion and the more distorted amp simulations it becomes hard to distuinguish notes, and becomes mainly noise. However with the correct settings (I like the Black 2X12 with about 1/3 gain, full volume, and more treble than middle and bass) it has a really bright clean sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on theis guitar is beautiful, it has good harmonics all the way down the neck, and even just over the first humbucker. The guitar was set up great from the factory (Schecter has the guitars made in Korea and then shipped to Los Angeles where they set them up), and I could find no flaws. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This eem likes a really a solid guitar, and I think it would take a lot of abuse, however abusing this guitar is not something I plan on doing. // 10

Overall Impression: I have been playing Acoustic guitar for about 4 months now, and I bought this guitar about a week ago. It suits me perfectly as I'm still learning, and sounds great for playing classic rock, my favorite style. Before I bought it I was able to compare to an Epiphone SG, and a Squier Strat, and IMO this guitar had the best overall sound, and the quality is on par With the Epiphone SG. If this guitar were ever lost or stolen (and I had the money) I would not hesitate to buy another one. // 10

006 Deluxe Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 04, 2005

Features: This is a great Schecter guitar made in Korea. It has 22 frets with a nice rosewood finish on the neck. The guitar body has a very nice finish with no pick guard because of its dark color. The body is like a Stratocaster. It has a volume knob, a distortion knob (which sounds great with this guitar) and it has a Switch that changes between the back pick up (for a nice bass effect) both pickups (for distorted metal songs) and for the top pick up (which I use for songs that dont need very much distortion but gives it that extra kick). // 10

Sound: This guitar plays heavy metal incredibly (which is my most used style of music) it also plays almost everything superbly as well. I use a Behringer 15 watt V-Tone amplifier which sounds great, if you are a beginner and seeking a great amp I recommend that one. The guitar only has feedback noises when the amp is turned all the way up and when the distortion is on full, but to have this noise the guitar has to be 5 millimetres away from the amp which is amazing. The palm muting for this guitar sounds really good and so do the pinched harmonics. Adding effects to this is very effective and it sounds great. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I first bought the guitar it had no flaws what-so-ever, for the manufacturing part, I think that those Koreans make some of the best sounding guitars. I suggest that when you buy the guitar you make sure the nut that holds the amp cord plug-in together is tightened before playing a lot, this fell off my guitar and I had to pull the amp plug-in back through and retighten it. But all in all it's amazing work. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Everything on this guitar is solid and very well placed and well crafted. I have accidentally smacked my guitar (and have had it bumped into) lots and it still shows no wear on the finish. This guitar is remarkable for durabilty and it would be most recommended frfom em for live play (unless you want one that sounds good and looks really cool, then I recommend a BC Rich). I think this guitar looks really cool though non-the-less. // 10

Overall Impression: Great heavy metal guitar, been playing for 1 year and nothing has gone wrong with it (except I recommend buying new trings because the strings that come with it aren't extremly high quality). I would definetly buy this guitar or another Schecter guitar because of how impressive this one was. I love everything about this guitar and I haven't found one thing I dislike. I find that Epiphone guitars have to much of a hollow sound to them. And that is the only other kind of guitar I've tried. I highly recommend this product. // 10

006 Deluxe Reviewed by: schecterguy, on july 26, 2006

Features: My 006 is a 2005, made in USA, but manufactured in South Korea. This guitar has 22 jumbo frets with a 25 and a half inch scale. It has a solid top basswood body with a rosewood finger/fretboard. The finish on my guitar is one of the reasons I wanted to buy a Schecter. It has a Vampyre Red Satin finish with beautiful craftsmanship. It has a Strat body style with a few variations. It has a tunomatic bridge with string thru-body. It includes a volume and tone nob, and a three way selector. Its driven by duel humbuckers. Diamond tuners. My guitar did not come with any included accessories. // 8

Sound: The guitar has a really warm tone, with fairly decent harmonics. This fits my style well because I play mostly hardrock, punk, hardcorde, metal, ska and some Indie. I'm currently using a Fender 25R, with a DigiTech RP80 amp modeler. The amp has this buzzing noise while switched to overdrive that seems to go away when you put your hand over the handle on the top. The guitar itself is only noisy when distortion or gain is cranked up. When playing chords its hard to distinguish individual notes. The guitar has a full sound but not very bright. It's more of a warm dull tone, but still pretty decent. This guitar makes just the same variety of sounds as any other. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar seems like it was set up well. I've droped it a couple times and everything looks fine. The action is great. The guitar is easy to play, and the neck is super smooth. The pickups were adjusted perfectly. The first time adjusting them myself was difficult but thats only because it was the first time.I can't see anything wrong with the headstock or bridge. of course I'm only a novice. I've been playing for about 6 months so somebody with more experience may be able to find more flaws than me. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will absolutely withstand live playing. It is very sterdily built and could handle some hard knocks. The hardware seems like it would last just about any beginner until they become more experience and end up buying a new one. The strap buttons are very solid. I've never had a strap fall off or even come loose. You can def depend on this guitar at any gig without a backup. The finish is perefectly fine and would not wear off under any normal circumstances. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this guitar is great for my style of music and is great for any beginner or even at a more experienced level. After a while playing this guitar you'll want to replace the pickups. I'm getting the awesome JB SH-4 and SH2N combination to replace them. There is nothing I wish I had asked before buying this guitar except for any warranty's that it might come with. If it was stolen or lost I would get something according to my budget. I would get the best guitar for the price and right now the 006 Deluxe would be the one. Lets face it people.. you get what you pay for. I love the warm tones this guitar puts out. Its perfect for metal, but I hate how the individual notes are distorted when its overdriven. I compared this guitar to the Omen 6 and Omen 7. Originally I was gonna get the Schecter Gryphon which was a little more expensive but was out of my budget. I wish it had some kickin EMGs or some JB's. // 9

006 Deluxe Reviewed by: splamron, on january 20, 2009

Price paid: A$ 450

Purchased from: Billy Hyde Music

Features: I think my Schecter 06 Deluxe was made in 2007 in Korea. It has 22 jumbo frets on a 25.5 inch scale. The maple neck is bolt on, with a rosewood fingerboard and Dot inlays, with the Schecter trademark 'fat' neck. it's a basswood body that comes in satin black or vampire red. It has a tune-O-matic bridge with dual Schecter Diamond Plus humbuckers. The awesome looking Schecter headstock has non locking tuners. It comes with a 3 way pick-up selector and 1 volume and 1 tone knob. It comes loaded with.11 to.46 strings. // 8

Sound: The amplifier I will be using for this review is a Roland Cube 20X. I play predominatly metal, but also a lot of blues and classic rock. It plays metal very well, the Diamond plus pick ups can handle heavy distortion great. Also, no problems with the classic rock. The clean sound is great as well, which is great for bands like Red Hot Chili Peppers and Sublime. This guitar can handle almost any genre of music flawlessly. It is also really comfortable to play, mainly due to the lightness of the basswood body. I just play at home so I don't usually crank it at full volume, but I did it for the sake of this review, and there was little to no noise. This guitar is prefectly suited to beginner players. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up perfectly right out of the box, so no problems there. The action was set up at a nice median, so it was great. The pick-ups weren't to low, so thatw as a relief as well. I bought the guitar in black, and that is definatly my only regret. Every single mark showed up on it, so I definatly advise buying it in the Vampire Red. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I can see this guitar withstand the pressures of Live playing, but definatly take a back up. I was also really glad that the strap buttons were solid, I have a thing about being scared they are going to fall of. It is a light and durable guitar, which is a great thing for beginning players. As I said before, if you have a thing about marks on your guitar, definatly get it in red. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar is great for mainly metal, but can do most otehr genres pretty well. I've been playing for around 2 years and learned on a Samick Telecaster (not great for high gain music) and this guitar is a step up from it. I would definatly consider buying this guitar again if it was stolen. Overall, this is a great beginner guitar with basic features. There is a very competitive market for guitars in this price range (some other schecters, Ibanez's and Jacksons), and this is definatly up there with the best of them. I recommend it for beginners. // 9

006 Deluxe Reviewed by: mnbaseball91, on september 13, 2004

Features: Made in 2004 in Korea. It has 22 jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboard. The neck is made of maple while the body is made of basswood. It's on the light side but still has plenty of presence. I have the dark red transparent finish but it also comes in black. The body is similar to an Ibanez S, although it's a little different. It has a string thru body bridge that gives it great sustain and makes it easy to change strings. A three way Switch and single volume and tone knobs give you a wide range of sounds from the two humbuckers. The tuners are cheap "Diamond Brand, " but they seem to work quite well. Comes with a thin six foot cable that's only good for tying stuff down in the back of a truck. // 10

Sound: This guitar is built for rock. The two humbuckers sound amaizing with distortion, much better than anything else in the price range, and they sound pretty good clean too. The three way Switch gives you a wide range of sounds and the tone knob actually does what it's supposed to. I run it through a Roland Micro Cube, although I've also tried it through a 65 watt Crate and a Marshall MG10CD. It sounds great through all of them. It's silent when not being played, even with gain and volume all the way up. When I went in the buy a guitar, they offered me a used Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop for the same price as this, $299 (retails for about $650 new). I played them both, and this was clearly better in the sound department as well as playablity. It also sounds better than my friend's old Fender Strat. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I pulled this out of the unopened box, and not only was it set up properly, but it was more or less in tune! The pickups are just how I like them and everything seems to fit together quite well. The finish isn't glossy, so it doesn't get fingerprints on it too easily, and seems like it'll hold up nicely. The strap buttons are in tightly. I have the dark red transparent finish (I've seen it called all sorts of things) and it looks amaizing. The pictures of it on the internet all look awfull, but I promise if you get it, you won't be disappointed. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would, without a doubt, withstand live playing. The hardware is solid, the strap buttons aren't going anywhere, and the finish is great. As far as durability goes, I would use this in a gig without a backup, but I'd be affraid to because I might break a string (which I did twice within the first 5 days of owning this). // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly rock, ranging from Chevelle to Staind to AC/DC to Guns N' Roses, and I can get all of those sounds out of this axe. I've only been playing guitar for 3 months but I've proggressing quickly. I got this after learning the basics on my Ibanez acoustic. I went to the store planning on buying an Ibanez RG321 with Mahagony finish, and when they didn't have it, the salesman suggested this. What a genious! If it were lost or stolen, I'd deffinatly buy it again, even if I had more money to spend. I love everything about it, down to the shape of the headstock and there's nothing I dislike. It'd be cool if it had a single coil pickup in the middle position for brighter sounds, but it's really not necessary. All in all, this is the best $300 you could spend on a guitar, and probably the best guitar for rock that you can get for less than $600. // 10

006 Deluxe Reviewed by: pfricky98, on july 28, 2006

Features: I owned a 2005 006 Deluxe. It had a maple bolt on neck, 22 jumbo frets, rosewood fret board, and Schecter Diamond pickups. Overall the features on this guitar didn't satisfy me. This was the first guitar with a bolt on neck that I have owned and I hated it. The both on just made the guitar look so cheap and trashy. Plus the damn thing was hard to keep clean. I did like the 22 frets, but besides that everything was pretty standard. // 4

Sound: This guitar really didn't suit my musical styles. It was great for metal. Distorted this guitar has a thick, heavy sound exspecially when you play the neck pickups, but when the guitar was played clean It really didn't get the job done. The sustain sucked and when I played chords I really couldn't hear all the notes being played. This guitar also had problems with certain effects. I felt the chorus and phase shifters didn't have much clarity play through the daimond pickups. // 4

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar seemed to be put together well. Everything seemed to be in place, but after about a month the damn thing looked like crap. The finish didn't up hold its strength and luster. The knobs on this guitar where pretty cheap too. After about a month they need to be replaced. The action on this guitar was suprisingly good however. It was a very easy guitar to play and you didnt have to struggle with pressing down strings during difficult chords. It also was a killer tapping guitar. // 5

Reliability & Durability: You can really depend on this guitar to hold its sound and action but thats about it. The hardware and finish will start to run down after only a couple of months of gigging. you should defently have a backup when gigging with this guitar. I think no matter what you play with you should have a back up. It's just a smart thing to do. // 5

Overall Impression: This was a pretty easy guitar to let go of. To tell you the truth this was what I call a teenager guitar. This guitar will not change with your musical style and has little value outside of playing punk, metal, or hardcore. This guitar will also lose value very fast so if your thinking about trading it in don't expect more then 75 to 100 dollars. // 5

006 Deluxe Reviewed by: iyces, on february 07, 2008

Features: I got my 06 Deluxe a year ago, so Feb/Mar of 07, and it's been a great guitar for my first. 22 frets on a rosewood fingerboard that plays very smooth. It's a string-thru basswood body with a maple neck. I got the 'Vampire red' as they call it and it comes with volume and tone knob with a 3-way selector. // 8

Sound: The 006 fits me pretty well. I really like the clean sound which is what I use more of, but doesn't get real noisy wen you throw a little distortion at it. My only complaint is when set up clean it can be hard to get the high notes to really ring out compared to what I'm getting out of the lower 3 strings, no matter how I set up the amp or guitar. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was manufactured extremely well. Since I pulled it out of the box I haven't had to adjust or change anything. I adjusted the action a little lower and messed with the pickups some, but that wasn't really neccessary. I just wanted to play with it and see how bad I could try and mess it up. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I would say it's pretty reliable. It holds it's tune really well and after a year it still looks Brand New. When I bought it I had to ride an hour and a half on a harley with it strapped in a backpack bag to get back home. When I got there I didn't have to tighten anything back up which is impressive considering how bad the harley vibrates. Sadly I drove the harley to houston so that I wouldn't buy a guitar. That worked out well. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall I've been very happy with this guitar. I've really had no reason not to be. I've also got an Epiphone acoustic and for every 30 mins that I play it I probably play the 006 for 2-3 hours. that's how much I enjoy playing it. I've played some friends lower end guitars and I think I'm already at the point that if I had those I'd be replacing them. The 006 though I think is a guitar I'll be holding on to for a long time. // 9

More Schecter reviews rating category latest review
+ C-1 Blackjack ATX FR 9.2 Electric Guitars 11/05/2014