006 Elite Review

manufacturer: Schecter date: 05/03/2006 category: Electric Guitars
Schecter: 006 Elite
The Elite's beautifully contoured, sculpted mahogany body with flame maple top conspires with its gleaming satin finish, black hardware, and double diamond inlays to produce one knockout axe.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.7
 9.1
 9.1
reviews (3) 11 comments vote for this gear:
006 Elite Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 31, 2005

Features: - Frets: 24 jumbo - Neck/scale: 25.5" scale maple neck, with rosewood fretboard, featuring a double diamond inlay on the 12th Fret and a classy cream neck binding - Top: flame maple - Body: mahogany - Finish: satin - Bridge: Tune-O-Matic bridge with the Schecter strings through body design - Electronics: active - Controls: 3-way, volume and tone with a push-pull coil tap feature - Pickups: 2 Duncan designed HB103 humbucker pickups in the bridge - Tuners: all chrome with Grover tuners - Accessories: came with gig bag, lead and jar-full of plectrums. // 10

Sound: Music style suitability and playability: I've been trying to play a wide range of music on this guitar and so far it has not let me down on anything I attempt. For those of you who want some hardcore crunching rock, the 06 Elite does a pretty good job to say the least! The sustain on this baby is excellent! On the other end of the spectrum, cleaning everything out to play a bit of jazz and blues sounds just as good! I must say that it will be the guitar judging you rather than the other way round when it comes to competence in playing. The only drawbacks that I would suggest would be the bridge which is shunted quite far down the body, to accomodate for the 24 frets, making palm muting a nightmare I you play with this baby hanging low. However, if you're tall enough, or got long arms, there's nothing to stop you from churning out those sounds. Amps: Marshall - no effects pedal yet. Sounds: Not noisy, very wide range in variety. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Good exceptional finish, playable straight off the shelf! Pickups: factory settings. Flaws: a few scratches on the back, as it was shop spoiled, however Sound Control have promised a refund when they get the new stock. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is built like a brick! I've been carrying this thing around with me everywhere since I bought it, and I've only had to re-tune this thing twice. A good solid body and clean cut finish hardware will make this thing last for 5-10 years garunteed. The strap buttons are solid chrome, mind you everything here on this baby is chrome, and very sturdy. This guitar can save my life, that's how dependable it is, and to the pro's I think you would all agree that you wouldnt need a backup in a gig if you have this, with the only exception of you wanting a 22 fret guitar. The satin finish is brilliant, and so far apart from the small scratch located on the back where the panel is, it's very good. It doesn't look thin, nor give the impression of wearing off. It almost looks like it glows from the inside with a fat inch worth of polish! // 10

Overall Impression: I've got a varied taste in my music, but in general this baby has managed to churn out riffs and tunes from heavy metal to jazz and blues, and I find that a definite bonus, the versatility means that I can almost do anything with it and the finish is classy enough to fit in with your style of playing. I've been playing for 5 years now, and this is my first electric, previously I've owned two acoustics and I've also played a lot on my mates De-Armand Jetstar; comparing the two, I would give the thumbs up to the 006, though it has a lot smaller body compared to the Jetstar. I wish I'd asked more about the push-pull tap coil, as I have yet to find out exactly what I can do with it, but I guess someone out there who knows might be able to tell me sometime soon. I would definitely buy this guitar again if it was lost or stolen. I love the feature, the colour, the finish, the way it sits/hangs when you're playing - at first the shunted bridge did require a bit of getting used to, but only due to the fact that the Jetstar has a much higher bridge and a bigger body. I don't think I hate any feature. My favourite has to be the diamond inlay no the 12th fret and the finish. I've compared this thing with so many others! I've compared this with whole range of Ibanez, Fender, Yamaha, Pacifica's, Line 6 and PRS which was out of my budget. I chose this one, initially because of the style, but then when I was playing, the sounds that were coming out were astonishingly good. Plus it does feel a bit like a PRS merged with an Ibanez, but better! // 10

006 Elite Reviewed by: schecter006, on may 03, 2006

Sound: I play a lot of grunge/post hardcore/metal music, and this does the job perfectly while switched on to full humbucking, but it also works well with blues music. I use it with a Marshall practice amp and a Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion pedal. And it sounds monstrous, and it sounds great with my PH-3 Phase Shifter too. I sometimes play Indie music with a OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion pedal. And I jsut tap out the humbuckers, and it gives the exact sound I want, kind of Telecaster sounding. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got this guitar it was perfectly set up, nothing needed changed. // 10

Reliability & Durability: When I gig with this guitar, I get a comforting feeling it won't break, it feels sturdy, as I like to let loose on stage, and even when swung about and banged it stays in tune and in one piece. I use 10 gauge D'Addarios, in drop D mainly, but when I detune to Drop C it keeps the heavy sound I want it too have, without it sounding scratchy. // 10

Overall Impression: This is my main guitar and when compared to higher priced guitars, it's up there with the best of them. I would compare this to a PRS, and would easily pick it over a Gibson. // 10

006 Elite Reviewed by: cadaverburn, on february 28, 2006

Sound: This guitar is great for any genre of music from heavy metal to blues. I use Roland VGA-5 Cosm with built in FX including wah, tremolo, slow gear, phaser and flanger and I use Hot Line leads. This guitar has a built in whammy bar but it is not an actual whammy bar you press hard on the top of the guitar body were you can attach your strap. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: There is nothing wrong with this guitar exept that on the pickups brand mark Duncan Designed wears away and if the guitar is scratched the scratch and marks realy stand out. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I know that this guitar will withstand live playing because the guitarist from Papa Roach uses a lot of Schecters live and in music videos. The guitar does have very strong strap buttons and withstand nearly anything including swinging guitar around like Kurt Curbain, don't try or you might brake your guitar. It is also a very reliable guitar if taken care of properly. // 7

Overall Impression: My overall impression of this guitar is that it is a great piece of equitment for any genre. I play a lot of different music from Oasis/Coldplay to Slipknot/Metallica and I have only been playing for about a 3 years and this guitar helped throughout those 3 years. I also own a little 50watt Fender amp which is a great for beginers, I previously played a Squier Stratocaster which kept going out of tune and I have a Korg chromatic guitar/bass tuner and a Roland VGA-5 with built FX. I have to say I had a really hard time picking between a Gibson Les Paul Zakk Wylde Camoflague edition and this Schecter 06 Elite but this is a brilliant guitar and my cousin who is in a band called Cadaverburn and he owns a Gibson Les Paul Zakk Wylde Bullseye edition and it is great but I just like the Schecter guitars lighter and easier to play then Gibsons. // 8

More Schecter reviews rating category latest review
+ Damien Elite-6 7.6 Electric Guitars 12/08/2014