Black Hawk Review

manufacturer: Schecter date: 01/30/2013 category: Electric Guitars
Schecter: Black Hawk
24 frets. Solid-top. Tone and volume knobs. 3 way selector. 2 humbuckers.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.2
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.8
 Features: 8.7
 8.9
 9.1
 8.7
reviews (9) pictures (1) 32 comments vote for this gear:
Black Hawk Reviewed by: chrisb0109, on june 16, 2004

Features: Body: Basswood Neck: maple (bolt on) Bridge: TOM string-thru body Controls: 1 volume, 1 tone Pickups: (H/H) Diamond series. There were good for stock pickups. But since then I have put in a JB '59 combo. // 10

Sound: As for the sound, theis guitar has met every need I have ever had. It could, easily be put of against guitars twice its price and come out victorious. It can play everything from metal to grunge to punk to nice clean stuff. It is not too bright at all. It has a very mellow, rich sound. With it I use a V-Amp 2 and a Crate GLX212. The sound is amazing for a fairlyt cheap guitar through a solid state amp. The only problem I have had is the the volume knob is just not right. It makes a crackely noise when turning it. This seems to be a defect as the other review also mentioned it. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The finish on this guitar is something that I love. It is a satin black. ts just so pretty. The Inlay work is probably the bast cosmetic attribute of this guitar. It is this kind of tribal diamond with triangles coming of of it. It really makes this guitar look classy. From the store it was set up fairly well. Of course nothing is ever perfect out of the box but it was nothing that 5 minute of tunning and adjusting couldn't take care of. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar could definately withsatand live playing. The hardware is solid as are the finish and strap buttons. Although I would have no fear of this guitar breaking down on me I would never play live without a backup. I mean what if you break a string? // 10

Overall Impression: I have been playing for about 3 years. I have had this guitar for 1 and a half. This is definately the best guitar I own. The only problem I have with the guitar is the scrtchy volume pot. But this can be fixed by installing a new pot. They are only like $4. If this guitar was lost or stolen I would not be able to buy it again. It was promotional edition and is no longer available. But I would definatley replace it with another Schecter guitar. // 10

Black Hawk Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 29, 2004

Features: The Schecter Blackhawk I have I'm assuming was made in 2002 but I don't know for sure. It has 24 frets, solid-top, tone and volume knobs and a 3 way selecter that lets you choose between either of the two humbuckers, or both. The pickups are both duncan design diamond series humbuckers that can really roar or can be pretty and clean. Mine is a flat black, which I prefer over glossy finishes, becase it picks up NO fingerprints. It's pretty much a standard body design, nothing crazy, no pickguard or anything. It has an arched top, which looks realy nice. It's got a string thru body which means no tremolo :-( The neck is a fat "U" which I like over really thin necks. It came with a cable with two right angle inputs, but it was a piece of junk and stopped working in about a month. // 8

Sound: For someone who plays in a metal/grunge/thrash band, this guitar is perfect. However, if you mess with the tone and volume knobs, and make some changes on your amp, it can play blues like B.B. King, "lo-fi" rock like Queens of the Stone age, or "Acoustic Rock" like John Mayer. I play it with a 15 watt Marshall reverb amp, and with the amps distortion it sounds realy fat, and you can make it sound so funky you can smell it. But I prefer using my Danelectro black coffee distortion pedal. That thing is small and has a queer name, but it can deal the pain like any other. The sound can be changed to whatever you need, with almost limitless variety. You can get any distorted tone you can imagine out of it. From a big huge tone like Linkin Park to tight, compressed distortion like Anthrax, this guitar is the thing you need. With a chorus pedal and some reverb, it can sound so pretty for arpeggios or clean solos, then just step on the distortion and you have a lethal weapon in your hands. I suppose it could sound better with some more expensive seymour duncan pickups, but for such an inexpensive guitar, these are just peachy keen. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was a little hig, but that was easily adjusted by tighening the neck. That was actually pretty stupid of me, cause it's probably wrecking the wood over time, but I'm an idiot. The pickups came fine when i tok it out of the box. However, they "sink" into the body and you need to bust out a screwdriver and tighetn the two screws on the pickup box to raise it back up. This is tedious, and it's hard to find a s crewdriver that small. The nut right before the first fret is angled at the edges whitch is very annoying and pokes your hand if you slide from high up on the neck to the first fret. Also, the volume knob is a little messed up. Right before all the way up, it crackles like a mofo. Once again, I'm an idot and had to go exploring my guitars insides and messed with the pots in back which is probably what did that. The tuners are really good, and unless you don't stretch out your strings when you first put them on, they keep them in tune very well. If you leave your axe alone for a few days in a humid place, they will go out of tune for a while (like vacatikon to florida for 10 days leaving it in a small room with no air conditioning... jeez who'd do something like that?) Also, one of the nicest things about this guitar are the inlays. Oh dear lord, they're beautiful. It has this tribal design every other fret that is so evil looking, perfect for metal. The body finish is smooth as a baby;'s bottom to this day, and I have never wiped it down in over a year. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I would definitely bring this guitar up onstage with me. I's be a little worried about accidentally hitting the volume knob and making it crackle, but other than that it would be a great roadie. The hardware seems very durable, except for that damn volume knob but that was my fault, so as long long as you're not friggin' curious george with a screw driver, you should be fine. The finish is beautiful, but with no pickguard it does get scratched if you play chords with full strumming. However, another plsu about the non-gloss finish is that.. these don't show up at all! ha! The stap button by the bridge is very solid but the one by the neck came loose in a few months, but a little krazy glue solved that. As for a backup, if you play a gig without a backup, you should be shot and never allowed to live. No I'm just kidding... but seriously never play a gig without a backup. It's just stupid. Cause even if you have a brand new Gibson Classic Les Paul that youve been playig a for a week and is so damn dependable, what if a string breaks? that's not the guitars fault. it's the strings fault. Now you have no guitar to finish your show with because you were so damn cocky and didnt't feel it necessary to bring a back up. How do you feel now? hmm?? How Do You Feel Now, Tough Guy? // 8

Overall Impression: For heavy metal, this guitar's a dream. From Cannibal Corpse to Anthrax to Iron Maiden to Slayer, anything metal, this guitar has covered. I've been playing for almost 3 years and i also have a Hohner acoustic which is a piece of crap and a B\.C\. Rich Bronze Warlock which is a piece of crap as well that doesn't even work. If it got stole or lost, I'd be screwed because I have no money for another guitar. I love the heavy sound (a la Hatebreed). There are a few annoyances about the guitar, but nothing I hate. I wish it had a tremolo, cause then I could some crazy dive bombs and stuff on my leads. Ooooohh yeah. I've complained about a lot of things, and there a few MINOR things that are kind of annoying, but I still love this damn guitar. It has it's downsides, but I'm still giving it a 5. Don't ask me why, but it just all in all deserves a 5. // 10

Black Hawk Reviewed by: bubba_blink, on june 21, 2004

Features: This guitar is killer, it has done what ever i wanted it to, from playing w/o the amp, to shreding with a wah. It has accomplished everything I have thrown at is. It was made in '02, I think in the U.S. It has 24 frets and has a tribal inlay that I like. It has a solid Satin top that I love; between the way it feels and looks, its awsome. It has a 3 way pick-up selector, a volume knob(which I'll be talking about soon) and a tone knob. The pick-ups are two Humbuckers, But I'm putting in EMG-11 and 14. I think the model of the pick-ups are jus some cheep standard stuff. The only thing with the electronics is that the volume knob crackles when you turn it on and that it is loose, like if you keep turning it, instead of stoping it keeps going. I dont know what type of wood it is, I'm pretty sure its mohogany, I dont know the neck. The bridge is fixed in, so you put the strings through the body. The body style is more-less a Strat. The tuners are locking I'm pretty sure of, cuz mine doesnt go out of tune very easy. The neck is Jumbo frets I think. I got a free case with it cuz I bought an amp too. // 10

Sound: I mostly play metal. I use Zakk Wylde Boomers 11-70 strings. I don't use very many effects with this guitar, my Ibanez I do. My amp is a Marshall AVT 50. My settings are Gain: 10 Master: 2 Bass: 9 Middle: 4 Treble: 7 Depth: 8. It isn't that noisy when its on 2. It's got a rick/full sound. This guitar can make almost any sound I try to make, I cant think of any off the top of my head. I love this guitar, Nothing bad except for the volume knob. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: It was well. The pick-ups, I lowered the neck pick-up so it was level with is holding case thing and I raised the Bridge about a centa-meter from the strings. I dont get the bookmark thing, but the bridge was routed the right way. When I got it, it and a chip in the paint that isnt much to care, and the plug-in wire was half fried. (but I think that was one in a million.) // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will take any type of playing you throw at it. I've played many types of music test it (that was recomended) but any thing I've done, it took it. The hard ware will last a long time. Not for-ever, but a long time. The strap buttons were solid, I can depend on it. I would use it with out a backup, but you never know what will happen. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a killer match for Metal, grung, and punk. I have been playing for 2&1/2 years, I've had this for a year and a half. I wouldnt ask any thing, but you may do different sutff with guitars. If it was stolen I would get a new one, may be something else but this is my favorite, I like it more that Gibson's. I love everything there is, I love it all. I campared it to Jacksons, Gibsons, Grestech, Febder, Ibanez, etc. There is one last thing I would like to add, I would rate it a 10, not a 5, and buy this guiatr you wont regret it! // 10

Black Hawk Reviewed by: OrderedChaos, on june 28, 2006

Purchased from: Guitar center

Features: This is was a one time promotional model that Schecter cooked up throwing some great quality for a low price. It was built in Korea. It is a 24 fret rosewood top with a maple neck with tribal inlays to give it amazing aesthetics. The finish is a dead black that doesn't show finger prints or mark ups. The body is a double cut away and has good access to the higher frets, has a Tune-O-Matic bridge with a string through body. It comes with two duncan designed humbuckers that are passive. // 9

Sound: The sound can fit almost any style. I have put in emg 85/81 to give it a more metal bit, but before I did any modifications it could play anything from blues to metal fine. It has a darker sound too it and the original pickups did have a little background hiss to them. Even so it is still a very versatile guitar. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Off the rack this guitar was set up perfectly, everything from the action to the pickup heights. It also came in perfect condition as far as the body and ART of it goes. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has withstood many live shows and has not had a problem what so ever. This guitar will last for as long as you take somewhat decent care of it. Everything that came with this guitar worked great and is studry, I've read some reveiws saying the volume nob makes noise as you move it, that has never been true with my guitar. I would use it at a gig with out a back up, I've dropped it (crappy strap broke) and it hit the ground butt first and other then a minor blemish on the body still jams great. // 10

Overall Impression: I play everything from acoustic blues to shredding neoclassical metal and this guitar does the trick. This is definatley a great guitar for the money, this guitar can stand up with other models in the higher price ranges with no problem. If it was stolen id attempt to find a new one but since it was a one time promo model it would be hard to find a new not used model. // 9

Black Hawk Reviewed by: libertineste808, on september 25, 2006

Purchased from: Sound Control Manchester

Features: This beauty has 24 frets, maple/rosewood neck/fingerboard, basswood body with bolt-on neck. it has a gloss black finish with silver volume and tone controls and a 3-way selector. There are two humbuckers that are standard Schecter. Silver machine heads, just standard I think. It is perfectly equipped for what I want. // 9

Sound: Sounds superb. You would not believe the quality you get for the price! I am thinking of changing the pickups but I am using a small Marshall 10 watt amp and it sounds wicked, and I am getting a Marshall MG50DFX soon so I don't think I need to change anything. I mainly got a Schecter because they are used by A7X and it was definately the right choice. I mainly play the likes of A7X, Papa Roach, Deftones, Limp Bizkit so the sound fits superbly for what I want it for. I couldnt really comment on the variety as I always play with the bottom humbucker n loads of gain. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The finish and the body are gorgeous. There were no marks at all except sum grubby finger marks on the back. The only gripe I have is the neck and fingerboard. It is a relatively thin neck and easy to play but the wood feels, I duno, dry. It's hard to slide up and down quickly and the fingerboard feels kind of cheap, more cheap than it should! I suppose I'll get used to it tho! The action was quite high when I got it, this was the only thing that needed changing. The volume control works fine so I hope I don't get the crackly problem with it in the future. I mean I love the look and the feel of it it's a top guitar but I seem to have a real issue with the neck however much I ignore it. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I wont be playing live anytime soon but I really thrash it most nights at home and it's coping fine. All fixtures and that are solid and that's how the guitar feels throughout. The body needs a lot of polishing though. It feels very durable, I've dropped it a few times and there's no damage. I caught the headstock on a bookshelf but it was wooden so luckily there was no damage there either. // 9

Overall Impression: I had to put my Epiphone SG Custom and Marshall MG50 into a pawn shop to get some money for a roof over my head. I intended to get them back but missed the cut off day by two days so was really gutted. I couldn't afford what the con merchant wanted for em so I decided to buy summat different and I am so glad I got this guitar. I saw it on the net for 169 so thought I'd pop down to sound control. I asked the price when I got there n they said 149 so I needed an amp as well n had fifty quid so got em to knock a tenner off an amp which they agreed to then I went 'till n got a lead, strap, DVD and gig bag too! All for 200quid. And there's a tasty girl behind the counter. So I'd recommend this guitar and sound control to anyone who ain't got tons to cash as this gives you the tons of cash sound for a good price. I'm already getting another Marshall MG50 next week then I'm saving for the synyster gates signature model. // 9

Black Hawk Reviewed by: Cheeseus36000, on march 24, 2007

Features: This great starter guitar comes with two genuine Schecter Humbuckers and is part of the Diamond series. It doesn't come with the great selection of a Strat or a les paul but you can choose from the one tone and one master volume availible. The fret board is great it has 24 jumbo frets. It was designed it Calafornia but crafted in Korea like 90% of the other Diamond series. The Tune-O-Matic bridge is great and is really easy to restring. // 7

Sound: The style of music I normally play is rock so it was perfectly suited for me. The amp I'm currently using is a Line6 SpiderIII 120 and it makes for a really good rock 'n' roll type set up. The Black Hawk has an exellent acoustic like tone if you switch to the rythum pickup and turn the treble setting right down. The full treble sound is a bit rauchy and overpowering but it can be tamed with a bit of perfecting. Overall the variety of sounds is quite good with the right amp, but if you use an amp like the one I was using previously (a Marshall MG30DFX)it can be a bit restricting so my sdvice would be to use an ampe with a variety of sttings like a Crate or a Line 6. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything was just perfect when I had mine, the only thing I would say is the nut around the contact jack, it does come loose from time to time but it can be sorted with a pair of plyers. The feel of the guitar is one of the best things about this piece of kit because of the contoured body at the back. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The guitar will definitly withstand a 'jumping around on stage session'. Everything is built to last from the hardware to the strap buttons. I take mine to school and do gigs there with it and believ me if it can withstand that it can with stand anything. The finish seems a bit thin but it shouldn't matter if you take care of it. // 10

Overall Impression: If you play rock this guitar would be great it has the looks and the sound of a rock guitar but it has the qualities to play any sort of music. If it was lost or stolen I probably would buy another, that is after I'd hunted down the git whoed stolen it, I don't think I could replace it even if I did buy another because it was my first guitar. When I bought this guitar 12 months ago I was offered this and a Yamaha pacifica which I didn't lik the look of or the sound of it because of it's tinny sound, the best thing about this is the great warming tone, if you only buy it for this get it. // 10

Black Hawk Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 30, 2007

Purchased from: Sound Control Glasgow

Features: New, 2006 I believe, Schecter Blackhawk, which appears to be a limited-edition promotional model. Features basically the same as the Omen-6. Basswood (I think) Strat-ish style body with bolt-on neck, and string-through body design with Tune-O-Matic bridge. Pickups are two Schecter-branded (Duncan Designed apparently) humbuckers with a master tone, master volume, and 3-way pickup selector (Gibson toggle type as opposed to Fender blade type). Schecter branded non-locking tuners, 3/3 on a very cool shaped headstock, which seem to be great quality. I've got the glossy sunburst finish, it seems the UK variant of this guitar has a glossy finish where the US version is matte, and looks great. Also has a 24-fret neck, again seems to be different from the US versions in that it has plain Dot fret markers as opposed to the 'tribal' inlays described in other reviews. // 9

Sound: The guitar is surprisingly versatile in sound, I only rarely use heavy distortion, and play nothing that could be described as 'metal,' mostly pop-rock, blues-influenced rock and alternative rock, ranging from Pink Floyd to Barenaked Ladies and most things in between, including Rage Against The Machine and Biffy Clyro. The guitar handles basically all these sounds brilliantly, it's a pair of humbuckers, so there's not much in the way of bright Strat twanginess, but it cuts through fairly well, particularly with my Boss DS-1 Distortion (a great pedal for the money.) I have a lovely Fender Champion amp which sounds great with this guitar, I also run it through a fairly nasty Zoom 505 II which I mostly use for the tuner function and delay. The string-through construction and lack of a trem means hours of sustain, and the guitar cleans up surprisingly well for what is marketed as a 'heavy rock' type guitar. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I fully expected to have to fiddle with the guitar once I'd bought it, and Sound Control offered me a free set-up and adjustment after I'd had a few weeks to play with it, but it turned out to be unnecessary. Action is great, intonation is bang on right to the last of the 24 frets and pickups were just to my liking. The glossy sunburst looks, in my opinion, far classier than the alternative black of white finishes, and particularly suits the curved top design. Very cool chrome control knobs and other hardware complement the finish. All over, a really great looking guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: In a word, bombproof. Body wood does seem soft and potentially easy to ding, which would be a shame, but it's not happened yet. Strap buttons are very good, at least compared to my previous Squire Strat which was terrible. I wouldn't expect any part of the actual guitar to fail when abused, it all seems really solid and well-built. Haven't had the scratchy volume pot problem a few others have mentioned, but if I did the electronics are all very accessible so would be fixed very quickly with some pot cleaner. // 9

Overall Impression: Buy this guitar. For the money, I think it compares very well to Mexican Strats, mid-range Epiphones etc. Sound control are advertising them at 189, they're usually very good at throwing in extras and discounting it. The quality is great, the sound is versatile, rich and full, perfectly balanced or bright depending on the pickups, it's not remotely noisy, and looks great. Very pleased! // 10

Black Hawk Reviewed by: VORTEX3333, on january 13, 2009

Purchased from: Professional Music Technology

Features: this is a sweet guitar but not Diamond series, 24 frets maple or basswood neck with rosewood fretboard, basswood body, stock humbuckers x2, 3 way pickp selector, glass black finish, 1 volume 1 tone pots, bridge is a tune-o-matic string thru with stock Schecter tuners I'm not sure where it was made or what year, I'm only giving this an 8 because it doesnt't have a Floyd Rose // 8

Sound: I play metal mostly but I am capable of softer tones and it suits me perfectly, I love it soooo much that when ever I bend notes the hairs on my neck stand on end like I'm listening to a Slash solo. I play through a Line 6 Spider III 30 watt amp with only the on board effects because I'm a cheapskate and can't be bothered to buy pedals, there is no hum what so ever obv but even when I'm cranking the amp to the limit and whatever settings you have you always have a rich sounding tone with tonnes of sustain and I mean TONNES. the guitar can pull off from death metal otep distorted tones to sparkly clean george benson tones so it sounds absolutly awesome // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I bought the guitar the action was kinda high but ntohing ridiculous but the intonation was perfect the pickup didn't need adjusting either infact everything apart from the action was perfect there was absolutly nothing wrong with it, it was awesome and less work for me. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I haven't had the guitar long so I wouldn't know how fragile the paint is but I reckon it could withstand Live playing and everything seems like it would last with care, I would depend on this guitar without a backup at a gig because everything on it was solid and doesnt't seem like it's going to move any time soon, I would give this guitar a 10 but I haven't gigged with it and I have not had it long to be definite with my information // 9

Overall Impression: I've been playing for a little over 3 years (don't let the short amount of time fool you about my playing ability) and I think for my it's a perfect match for me and the only thing I regret about buying it is I really don't want to ruin it and scratch it because it's beautiful. I love the sound it makes because it just makes me feel alive and makes my hair stand on end, the only thing I hate about is the fact I don't want to mess it up nothing to do with the guitars features. in the shop I compared it with an Ibanez GRG270B with the edge III bridge and even though the Ibanez had more features, the sound of the Schecter just blew me away and further blew me away when I tried it on a Peavey jsx halfstack. // 10

Black Hawk Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 30, 2013

Features: I think it was made around 2006 ish but I'm not too sure on that. - Frets: 24 frets - Neck type: bolt on - Neck wood: maple with rosewood fretboard - Body wood: Basswood - Finish: gloss black - Body style: superstrat - Bridge: tune-o-matic - Pickups: 2 Schecter brand stock passive pickups - Controls: 3 way selector switch, 1 volume knob and 1 tone knob - Tuners: Schecter stock non locking This is a pretty sweet guitar, I have 13 guitars as I tend to horde them but in my opinion its one of my best. It sounds better than my Gibson Flying V and it has been my main guitar for about 8 months now. It has an overall well built feel to it and keeps tuning very well. // 8

Sound: I tend to play alot of metal in my free time but I also study guitar at university where I play things from jazz to funk to blues to rock and it seems to hold up pretty well. The humbuckers manage to pull of a very bright jazzy tone on the clean bridge setting that works very well in jazz and funk, maybe not as well as a single coil pickup but they are still good at what they do. On the neck position they have a very fat well rounded tone to them that works well with blues and rock. Like I said I play mainly metal and this guitar is perfect for it. I play things from Opeth to Sylosis to Whitechapel and it always seems to pull through. I'm playing through a Line 6 III valve combo amp and on the metal or insane setting this guitar sings. The pickups, even when going through distortion have a clean tone to them and pick up pinch harmonics brilliantly on the bridge setting, neck setting not so much and then both neck and bridge virtually not at all but for the sounds I go for this does the job pretty well. The guitar can handle drop tunings pretty well till around Drop A but below that it begins to loose intonation and some of the frets actually don't play but that's to be expected unless you are using 13's or playing a 7 string. When playing metal the I use the neck setting for solo's as it has a fat clean tone to it but for rhythm, the bridge is where its at. Nothing beats the crunchy tones you get from it. The only issue I have with it is the definition in the tone and volume, you can have the tone all the way at zero, move it to ~1, stays the same, move it to ~two and all of a sudden you have the tone as clear as if it was up at 10, same with the volume, it seems to jump from nothing to loud as hell in just a small space, not sure if its just my guitar but hey food for thought (Y). Something to note about this guitar is the fact that it doesn't have a floyd rose which personally I am pleased with as floyds are a pain in the ass, but it does limit the kind of sounds you can get out of it. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: I got this from a friend of my dad so I'm not sure what it was like factory set up but when I got it, it had a beautiful low action on it which I haven't changed since getting it. Pickup height is just right. The only thing I would say isn't too great is the fact that the screws in the pickup rings have rusted and I'm not sure how its happened seeing as it hasn't been exposed to water but it doesn't effect playability or anything like that. But I think that overall the action and fit is pretty decent for a low budget guitar. The finish, oh lord. that's the only problem I really have with this otherwise brilliant guitar. don't get me wrong its pretty to look at but that's pretty much all you can do if you don't want grubby finger marks that stick like glue to the gloss finish. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is more than capable of live playing, I've used it in liver performance twice a week for about 6 months and it holds up brilliantly. The hardware most probably would last if it was treated well but I'm going to be changing the chrome hardware for gold or red as I think it looks nicer against the black body. The strap buttons are fairly decent but I have had a few incidents where in the middle of a show my strap has let loose and my guitar has plummeted about 3 foot before luckily catching it, but that was most probably a bad strap but I replace the strap buttons with a Seymour Duncan locking strap system to ensure that wouldn't happen again. I've got to be honest, anybody that goes to a gig without a backup deserve a smack round the back of the head, with a sledgehammer. What if a string breaks mid song? I usually take my Ibanez 350MDX as a backup or if I'm playing a heavy show then I will take my custom tao 7 string but this guitar is yet to fail me. The finish as grubby as it gets I don't think it will wear off at all. There are a few chips that are noticeable dude to the dark finish but they were all my fault by accidentally bashing into crap, nothing to do with the quality of the guitar. // 8

Overall Impression: Personally this guitar suits me as a metal musician perfectly, does everything I need and want it to and more. I started playing at the age of 7 and I'm 18 at the moment so coming up to 12 years and I have gone through quite alot of guitars, I wouldn't say its the best I've had but its in the top 5. If it was stolen I would track down the person that stole it, shoot them in the face with a Spear gun and then shove the guitar so far up their ass they would taste the finish on the headstock. But I am a pacifist so lets hope it never happens (Y) I would like to say I would buy another one but they have been discontinued and are quite hard to find, it was pot luck I got this one but I would definitely look at another Schecter, preferably a higher end one. I love the fact that this is such a versatile guitar in terms of styles but I don't like the jumps with the volume and tone pots. May just take some soldering to sort out but still peevs me. My favourite thing about this guitar though has to be the neck, have you ever seen a guitar neck and just wanted to play it so badly? that's what it feels like whenever I see this hanging on my wall, I plays beautifully and I would personally give the guitar a 9 out of 10 overall but there are a few features which unfortunately let it down. I would compare this to either the Omen or Damien playability wise, and not to mention image wise, the only thing I wish it had was a coil tap switch but other than that this remains my workhorse guitar and currently one of my favs. // 9

More Schecter reviews rating category latest review
+ Raiden Special-4 9 Bass Guitars 05/19/2014