C-1 30th Anniversary Review

8.5
reviews (2) 23 comments vote for this gear:
C-1 30th Anniversary Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 05, 2006

Purchased from: Steve's Music

Features: Korean made in 2006, and IMO absolutely equivalent to any American made guitar these days. I have no comparison to a regular C1, although the details in this are almost perfect. I noticed a finish blemish about the size of a pinhead on the back. Came set up very well from the factory, although the action was just a tad high for me. The flame top and gold hardware are a good match, Sperzel Tuners, Duncan Humbucker pickups with available push/pull split. 3-way selector switch seems a little cheap, we'll see how long it will last, and after speaking with Schecter Guitar Research, an absolute keeper as they are only making 300 C1 30th's (150 of each of the other ones). // 9

Sound: I have a Epiphone Les Paul Custom with Alnico classics, A Fender Showmaster with Duncan single pups and out on loan a Gibson Hawk with hum pickups (I haven't seen it in a while, but it is in the family). This 30th Ann. C1 is run through a Marshall Guv'nor Guyatone ST2 and DigiTech RP200A and then finally a Line 6 Spider 112. The sound clean is as clean as whirling your finger around a crystal wine glass. Distorted, well with those pedals I can find anything I need, and it picks up very well. This was very well above my expectations, if I could I would give an 11. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: As I said the guitar was put together well, a tad on the heavy side which suprised me. One pinhead size blemish on the backside and what looks like a cheap toggle switch. The action was a little high for me, but Who can get that right from the factory when everyone likes something different. I will say even with it a tad high, it was still comfortable to play. The top is gorgeous, with a matching headstock. The gold really stands out and the engraving on the pickup covers is perfectly detailed. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I don't play, and have never played live in front of a group. Could it withstand it, I am sure it could but I would definetly check into the toggle Switch and have a backup just in case, probably wouldn't need it though. From first appearances the gold hardward looks like it will last, just take care of it, and the finish appears pretty solid. // 9

Overall Impression: My stlye of music ranges from the oldies to the newer stuff hence the reason I have more guitars then I need. I have been playing off and on for 15 years. It is somewhat weird, I did buy this online and thought it was glossy, sold black but then I saw another one that was see thru transparent and wish I would of gotten that one. Well I actually did. The only C1 30th Anniversary guitars listed on the Scehcter Website show a gloss black, but code as STBLK, which is see thru. I will be talking with them to see if they even have a sold black or if they just make the STBLK. I really like that fact that this is an anniversary edition, which only 300 will be made, and down the road it would be a great nostalgic item from a company that will still be around. They provide great quality guitars, with attention to detail and, most importantly, price. This is comparable to any american made guitar. The only downside I see is the case it is cheap feeling and looking but hopefully it will do its job. // 9

C-1 30th Anniversary Reviewed by: MTL HD, on november 27, 2006

Features: The Schecter C-1 30th Anniversary was made in 2006 in North Korea. It has 24 frets and has an ebony fretboard. It has a flame maple top and is See-Through Black. The body and neck are both made out of solid mahogany. It has a Tone pos bridge and is stung through the body.It has two Seymour Duncan custom '59 humbuckers. It has two volume and one tone controls, along with coil tap. It has a toggle switch, but it is sort of cheap looking. It has gold locking Sperzel tuners. Mine came with a really nice gig bag ($100+). // 10

Sound: This guitar suits all of my music needs. I play everything fom classical to distorted so much you can't tell which notes they are. I am currently using a Marshall MG50DFX along with some friends effects. I plugged it into a Marshall Mode Four and cranked it three fouths of the way up and it was unbelievably awesome! It's never noisy on any settings and has a rich full sound, but can be very bright. I can seem to get every sound, but I can't get much feedback on real humid days (Florida). // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up so well at the factory I was able to take it to a friend's house right after I bought it and jam. The action is just right for me, but I have big hands so I can't say much, but my friends all say it's perfect for them. Pickups adjusted perfectly. Everything was routed correctly, for me that's a surprise. I can truely say that this guitar had no flaws at all, besides when it gets dirty you can really see it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: My guitar has withstanded 25 shows with no problems. The hardware will last if you clean it every 2 weeks or so. My guitar teacher had gold hardware and it came off because he didn't clean it enough. Strap buttons are extremely solid. I say you could depend on it without a backup, but I always have a backup just in case. I think that the finish will last a long time, but you have to keep it clean! // 9

Overall Impression: Sience I play every style of music and I use it with all of those styles I would say that this is the best match ever, especially for $700. I've been playing for 5 years and have never played anything like this for the price. I also own a Alvarez acoustic guitar (excellent) and a Fender P-bass (love it). If I had to ask any question before buying it, that would be "Why is this guitar at such a low Prcice?". If it were stollen I would hunt down that S.O.B. and kill him/her. I love everything about it, but I hate getting it dirty. My favorite feature is the Eagle theme. It has beautifull pickup covers with eagles and a eagle design at the twelth fret. I compared it to other products such as "Paul Reed Smith's Hollowbody 2, 513, Santana 2, Modern Eagles, etc. ", but I chose this one because it sounded just as good and I could afford this one. The one thing I wish it had is a more stable toggle switch. // 10

More Schecter reviews rating category latest review
+ Damien Elite-6 7.8 Electric Guitars 12/08/2014