C-1 Classic Review

manufacturer: Schecter date: 08/23/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Schecter: C-1 Classic
Mahogany/Quilt Maple Body, Maple Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, Grover Tuners, 24 Jumbo Frets.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.6
 9.3
reviews (23) pictures (5) 73 comments vote for this gear:
C-1 Classic Reviewed by: UG Team, on august 06, 2003

Purchased from: Tara Music Store, Jonesboro, GA

Features: year: 2003, American 24 frets/ 25.5" scale Tone Switch, Volume Switch, 5 way selector Seymour Duncan JB humbucker in bridge position, Seymour Duncan '59 humbucker in the neck position, both passive. Maple Neck, Rosewood Fretboard/fingerboard, Mahogany body Quilted Maple Top, Amber finish TonePro Locking Bridge Grover Tuners 25 1/2" scale, Vine-of-life-inlay on neck, 24 jumbo frets (due to the long scale) also, neck thru body construction Came with hardshell case (around $60) // 10

Sound: Suits my style beautifully. I play rythym, and I get a good solid tone from the c-1 classic, in addition to all the pitch and tonality I could ever want. I use it with a digitech pedal, with which it performs majestically, and i also have a Boss D-1 distortion pedal, with which the c-1 classic seems to be made for. I play on mostly Fender amps, for which the C-1 classics provides solid low end and a good, clean tone with good crunch. Can be a bit noisy set on the Bridge position, but only with Fender amps. Other than that, no feedback, and balanced tone. Can cover pretty much any pitch. The neck sets off throaty howls, that are smooth and warm, while the bridge lets the light, fierce clean bite creep in. There is even a coil splitting function built into the Switch. I found this guitar to be extremely capable at producing incredible sounds. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Set up was beautiful. After I changed the strings it came with (it was a show model), I foudn the action to be smooth as butter. The guitar plays as well as any other Schecter, like a dream. Craftsmanship is top notch. Bridge and Quilted top both flawless. There are no problems with any pickups, wiring, of external hardware. Schecter's reputation for providing outstanding equipment continues. // 10

Reliability & Durability: YES. This guitar can take a pounding. You couldnt wear the finish away except by maybe Battery Acid. Probably not even then. The craftsmanship is durable, thick, and lasting. I have and will continue to use this on gigs without a back up. A tough, dependable guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for 7 years now, and I own an ESP LTD M-100 and an Ibanez PF series dreadnought accoustic. I own a crappy Fender Frontman25R amp, and a bigger Fender 45Watt amp that i found at a yard sale. I also have a DS-1 Distortion pedal from Boss, and use a digitech Pedal and a pandora px3 for effects. When I first saw this guitar, I knew it was for me. Everything spokje to me. From the humbuckers (two of the most popular ever) to the stylish vine of life, I knew I had to have it. If it were stolen, i'd buy another one. Period. I love: Humbuckers, neck thru body, finish, 5 way Switch, action, tuners (very consistent guitar to tune) TonePro bridge, Scale lenght, and # of frets. I don't hate anything about this guitar. I've tried and tires to find somehting I hate. I can't. It's that good of a guitar. Maybe the fact that it doesnt have a flat radius like my M-100. But even I adjusted to that. I love this guitar, and would not trade it for anything. I compared it to other schecters, and to similarily priced PRS guitars. Also to other ESP guitars around this price range. I chose this one because of the style, and the dual kickass humbuckers. Also, I love the way Schecter guitars play, and this one was no exception. I knew that schecetr had a reputation for quality, and now i see it for myself. I wish it had active pickups, but that is a nitpick. I love this giutar, passive or not. For the price, this one is definitely worth it. It's stylish, and it rocks in terms of technical capabilities. What a guiitar! // 10

C-1 Classic Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 13, 2003

Features: I will not go into all the features. If you want the specs go to the Schecter guitar site and it is all listed out very nice. // 10

Sound: I have always been one that was never really sure what I wanted to play. And to be honest, my band and I play classic Rock and current top 40 stuff. But depending on my mood, somedays while practicing alone it could be Heavy Metal or it could be slow mellow blues riffs. Regardless IN ALL CASES the C1-Classic shines. The rich tone you can get from this beast is out of this world. I have been playing for about 16 years now and in that time I have owned a American Fat Strat Deluxe, Gibson Les Paul Custom Plus, ESP Horizon, Peavey Cropper Classic, Gibson SG, Ibanez Universe and many other no-need-to-mention guitars. So the question is this, what would I take as my FULL TIME, BEST EVER axe?? Easy ......... the C1-Classic. Yup, it is true. To be very honest I just sold My LP Custom and because I was not playing it anymore and the Strat is on the line as well. I just CANNOT put the C1-Classic down. Take a TRUE NECK THREW guitar with string threw body and you have one warm LONG SUSTAINED SOUND. Even playing this guitar unplugged just feels good. You can feel the note through your entire body. But why play it unplugged, with two of Seymour Duncans MOST KICK ASS Pickups on the market, you want to hear this baby loud and clear. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The set-up of my was PERFECT. Action, pickups, everything was bang on. And I didn't even get to try it. I had to order it in because I wamted the Honeyburst style 3 tone burst. The top is a REAL QUILTED TOP. It is bery impressive to see. Many people in reviews say that in real life it doesn't look like the pic on the site...GOOD !!! Mine in real life is a site to behold. With the flawless bindings and unreal vine of life, WOW. The body binding is NOT WHITE. And I say GOOD ! That is to goddy. It is instead a very nice natural stain honey color ... VERY RICH INDEED. This machine is built like a tank and I love it. I play very often and almost NEVER have to re-tune. When I do, the adjustment is MINOR to say the least. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have only owned it now for about 5 months. But it is a very solid rig. You can tell just by the way it feels in your hands. As for the finish, well it is so glossy, I would bet that it will withstand the tides of time. But it is not an issue for many. Most of us after every use give the guitar a good rub down or in my case I polish it. I give my GOLD tuners (if I have touched them) and puckups a wipe as well. I will say this, my LP Custom had Gold hardware, and within the first two months, the gold when my finger touches the pickup and when my palm touches the bridge was gone. // 10

Overall Impression: Well, I have said pretty much everything I can. I would not trade or sell this guitar ever. Like I said, I have been in this game for 16 years and FINALLY MY SEARCH IS OVER. The C1-Classic is a dream come true. It is that type of guitar that says "PLAY ME". And when you put it down your drawn to pick it up and play even more. It plays like a dream and sounds even better. Looks wise this guitar (mine anyway) is THE BEST looking guitar I have ever layed eyes on. When you see the seemless neck threw body you will know what I mean. For the price of this guitar, YOU WILL NOT GO WRONG. It is impossible. If this guitar was stolen, within 24 hours I would have another one. And to be very honest, even though I payed $1200 canadian for it, If I went back and they said that Schecter now is charging $2500 ... I'd still buy it just to have a C1-Classic back in my arms. // 10

C-1 Classic Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 29, 2005

Purchased from: Musicians friend

Sound: I plug this guitar strait into a Peavy Classic 50 w/JJ tubes. That's about as honest of a sound as you can get. I play a wide range of music from some country to metal (depends on where I am) and have no problem achieving my tone with this guitar. You may have to experiment with different Switch, tone, and volume combinations, but it's there. I have noticed no noise problems, at least no more than my Les Paul or Jackson RR. All in all very nice. The basic distortion tone of this guitar is very similar to my Les Paul, a hair less bite, but more presence and harmonics. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: It amazed me that when I first played it, I didn't have to set anything up! This was a first. 24 years of playing and buying guitars and I didn't have to turn a single screw. That's more like it. At the time I purchased the guitar (early 2002) there weren't many reviews about it so I thought maybe it was just luck of the draw. It appears that by these reviews, you can look forward to a good setup on this guitar. By setup I mean, action, pickups, intonation, installation of hardware, the whole 9 yards. Finish and construction are stunning, and I have found no flaws. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Over 3 years, this guitar has traveled quite a bit. I have used it without a backup on most occasions. If I use a backup it's always something related to the set list. The only problem I did have was that the forward strap button backed out and the hole became stripped. filled the whole with epoxy and redrilled and is all taken care of. Just as much my fault as anyones. The finish durability seems to be holding up just fine. This is funny considering I paid more for a Les Paul and have to baby the finish constantly (no exaggeration) A little wear has developed on the bridge from palm muting, but theres not much of a way around that if your hardware is anything but chrome. // 9

Overall Impression: When I purchased the guitar I figured I could send it back if I didn't like it. Perfect match so far. If something were to happen to it, I'd replace it with the exact same. // 10

C-1 Classic Reviewed by: Sergeant31292, on february 27, 2006

Features: To start I must say that this guitar is amazing in every aspect! There are way to many features on this guitar for me to talk about everyone do I will highlight some of it's best, for the complete list you can visit Schecter's website. Mine was made in 2005 in Korea as are all Schecter guitars, at first this scared me but The Korean's have definatly surpassed all American brands in terms of quality. This guitar has 24 Jumbo frets w/the beutifull vine of life inlay which makes this guitar stand out in any crowd as well as it's quilted maple top which is just stunning. The guitar it's self is solid mohgany, and the neck is maple w/a rosewood fingerboard. As for pickups this beauty has the Seymore Duncan JB SH-4 in the bridge which just screams and the Seymore Duncan SH-2 Jazz in the neck which is perfect for soloing. You can hear every note, and along w/ its neck-thru design the sustain is just incredible! All in all this guitar is just a tonal monster, I play lead in a metal band and both me and the Rythem guitarist are now Shecter men, he plays a Tempest which is also a work of art. Aside from Metal I also play Blues, Jazz, Rock, basicly anything w/a solo and this this stands up to each one; I am able to get the perfect tone for any genere with just a flip of the toggle Switch, which is 5 way allowing for an endless array of tones w/o haveing to change your eq or effects. I wish I could rant and rave about all of this guitars features but there are just simply to many! // 10

Sound: As I said before I play lead in a metal band but also play everything from blues to death metal, and I can get every tone I will ever need w/this guitar, weater it's the Crushing boom of a humbucker to a warm, cuddly single coil this thing will produce w/o the need for allot of effects. I use to use allot of them but w/this guitar all I have in pedalboard is a Metal Master, Bad Monkey (which doubles as a lead boost and has a great bluesy overdriven sound), H2O for chorus and reverb, and The Zakk Wylde wah all through a Marshall amp. trust me when I say this is allmost to many effects. All in all a great sounding guitar, and idk if it's just the way I play, or the effects I'm using but the guitar has a slightly hollowed out sound, this is prolly just the way I have it set up but it has a great origional tone which is rare these days, when wveryine is useing the same amps (Krank and Marshall), effects, ect ect. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I have not changed a thing since buying it. Factory set up was perefect which is a rareity as I usually have a couple of weeks worth of work to try and get everything just right. But this guitar was perfect. The only thing I have done to it is change the strings which it comes strung w/GHS Boomers, I personally prefer the purely awsome tone of Elixer strings, and the fact that they will last up to 3-4 months helps out too! The pickups scream! I was considering EMG's for is but there just aren't needed, passive or not this pickups will prolly be my mainstay for a long time! Just the amout of versitility, from it angelic clean tone, to a Satan is rising from hell distorted tone, you just don't need the EMG's for this masterpiece. And as for looks the pictures do not do this guitar justice, it is simply mezmerizing, allthough I will recomend the Antique Amber finish; it's simply beutifull. And the vine of life inlay, is breathtaking. // 10

Reliability & Durability: While this guitar looks like it should be hung in a case for all to admire, this beast can take a beating and then some, I've dropped it, swong it around hit it into a walls and amps and it still looks like it came right off the show room wall. One featrue that I really like it that the gold hardware will not tarnish or rub off in any way. Strap buttons are solid but a would recomend strap locks, you know just in case. I would and have gigged w/o a backup with this guitar. I would reccomend a backup just in case a string breaks but that would be the only reason. A very solid guitar that will prolly out last you! // 10

Overall Impression: Allright I spent the better part of 3 hrs in the store just playing every guitar they had, from Fender to Gibsion and ESP, and I allways came back to this guitar. It has a Gibson esque feel, great for someone who wants a Les Paul but doesn't have the money, and it has the PRS looks, with and unherd of price tag. I've been playing for 4 years now and have gone through my fair share of guitars and this one is just perfect. If this guitar was ever stolen I would find the little shit that stole it and kick his ass, and then buy 6 more. I love everything about it, and the only thing I can come up w/to not like this guitar is that is doesn't have to volume knobs so I can't do the Ace Frehly machine gun, but that is extremely nit picky. All in all probably the best guitar you will ever own! // 10

C-1 Classic Reviewed by: allwithinmyhand, on january 28, 2004

Features: 24 Fret Neckthru, Duncan 59+JB Covered buckers, bought used from friend. Stays in tune very well. Nice paint job on this thing, and the inlays are to die for. I think they sell it at musiciansfriend for about 650 which is still a hell of a deal. I switched out the duncans for emg 60+81's. // 10

Sound: The original pickups sounded great roaring through my Marshall plexi. Sounded the best in neck in clean with just a touch of gain for that nice bluesy typea vibe. The EMG's are fucking monsters on this guitar now, add the active pickups in with the neck thru, and it sustains beautifully. I mainly play this guitar through either a Marshall plexi and Peavey triple x heads through Marshall cabs. as far as fx, im running a tc electronics g major, two wahs morely vai horsie II wah- Dunlop cry baby from hell. Boss ns2, SD1, eq7. thats about it. Sounds fuckin rad. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Im not sure about the factory set up, the way I got it sucked ass. I had to restring it with some bigger strings, homedude was playing with super light 8-38's and that just dont cut it. Other than that the other mods to it are I changed the 5 way pick up selector to a 3 way and added one more knob to make it Gibson style. By the way this is original model C1 Classic, they quit making them with 3 knobs, now its straight up volume and tone. Buy this guitar you wont regret it. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is lighter than a paul which is great for my shoulders. I put some strap locks on it and really have never had any problems out of it. I dont gig without a backup, my backup is a Les Paul Standard but thanks to this Schecter it doesnt really come out of the case much. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mainly melodic metal, thrash and hard rock, but I venture off into jazz, blues, punk, ska, classical and a little bit of southern rock. // 10

C-1 Classic Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 30, 2005

Features: I won't go over the hardware specs cos you can get them from the Schecter site. Mine is the transparent blue finish and looks absolutely amazing. The quilted maple finish is truly stunning and easily comparable to the finishes on many of the PRS Custom 22S I was looking at buying previously - and for considerably less financial outlay. Granted the C1 has a veneer top over mahogany as opposed to a solid quilted maple top, but from a visual perspective it is still a fantastic looking instrument comparable to the high end dollar guitars out there. The natural binding is also a nice touch compared to the "stand out" white of other more expensive brands. The "vine of life" inlay is also visually stunning. I also love the extended access of the neck joint. This is an extremely well balanced guitar with a great "natural" feel. It "sits" well either hanging on a strap playing upright or across your leg seated. // 10

Sound: The neck pickup has tonnes of warmth and nice, rich lows while the bridge pickup has plenty of bright, crisp highs. Playing clean I found that the neck positions gave the best response. The bridge postions were a little too twangy. But overall plenty of sustain and resonance. Throw in a touch of chorus and reverb and this bad boy just sings. Playing distorted with the selector all the way in the bridge postion, this baby just rocked. Heaps of guts low down with some really nice sharp edges up high. No problems in the neck position either. Gives a nice, growly rythmn sound with a good deal of bottom end grunt. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Straight out of the box this was hands down the best guitar I've ever played. The action was spot on (suprisingly) and the only thing I had to adjust was the intonation on the low E. Mine had a "Setup in USA" sticker on the back cavity cover and these guys clearly know what they're doing. I have 13 guitars in my collection, all of which have been set up professionally but this one don't need nothing! This guitar travelled all the way from the USA to Australia and all it needed straight from the shipping box was a tune and I could've played with it live. // 10

Reliability & Durability: My only concern with this entire guitar is the quality of some of the hardware. The volume and tone knobs and the selector Switch seem a bit cheap and nasty which is a real shame considering the overall quality of the rest of the instrument. One of the tuning posts on the headstock was also a bit loose compared to the other five which was a bit dissapointing. I don't understand why they would use substandard hardware on these few things, when for a few more dollars (and not that many mind you) they could've made this guitar pretty much flawless. I have allready changed the strap buttons to Schaller Strap Locks but that is purely because I insist on using them on any guitar I own, but the originals would do fine. // 8

Overall Impression: My main style of music is pop/rock so this guitar is suited beautifully to what I play. For my live rig, I play through a Marshall JMP1 with a Boss GX700 and Alesis EQ in the effects loop. I gave this guitar a thorough workout and it came through in flying colours. I have been playing guitar for 16 years now and am amazed at the quality of this guitar for its cost. I have payed substantially more for previous other brand guitars but I can't go past this one. I would easily recommend this instrument to anyone and would definitely replace it if it was lost/stolen. Without doubt my favourite feature of this guitar is it's amazing quilted maple finish and the deep blue colour. Having said that though, the playability, sound, value for money and overall quality of this guitar can't be beaten. Get one! // 10

C-1 Classic Reviewed by: mikeman, on november 26, 2005

Features: Made in South Korea, and checked at the factory in America. 24 Jumbo frets, rosewood finger board with "vine of life" inlay. Flame maple top, mahogany back, Tone-Pro bridge, thru neck (awesome) passive Seymour Duncan pickups, 5-way selector, 1 volume, 1 tone, and comes with a weak little cable. // 9

Sound: I play lots of blues, rock, jazz, and neoclassical Malmsteen stuff and this bad-boy nails 'em all. It uses single coil pups in position 2 and 4 which allows a jazzy clean piercing tone, and if you play it clean with the humbucker activated, you get a powerful and bluesy clean tone. With distortion, this guitar is insanely awesome and great fun to play. The pickups kick ass. Pinch harmonics ring out easy, loud, and clear. The legato you can do is always loud and smooth. It's kinda like playing with a compressor built it. This guitar is truly unmatched in the sound department. It's got it all. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar model is crafted in South Korea, and then the good people in America check it over once it gets shipped here. Theres a sticker on the back with somebodys initials which gives you comfort and peace of mind. Pretty much everything is set up perfect at the factory. The inlay is incredibly beautiful fun to show off. I really like the metal knobs. They match beautifully with the blue top. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The main thing that stood out to me was the thru neck. I like my guitars solid, and this really looked like it was strong. The guitar is all made out of one piece of wood which adds alot to its durability. The metal knobs, as I said, are very solid also. The strap buttons are big and round. What could possibly go wrong? The only problem I had thus far was if you strike the low string really hard next to the bridge, The string slides off the bridge. It's hard to describe, but look at the bridge and you will see that the string is held on pretty precariously. Other than that this guitar is wonderful in all aspects. // 10

Overall Impression: I play all blues, jazz, rock, metal, and neoclassical music, and there is nothing this guitar can't do. I have been playing for 4 years, and know alot about guitar and music in general, and there is no other guitar I would trade for this bad-boy (except maybe a Parker MojoFly, or a Carvin California Carved top). It is the best guitar ever to be in this price range. If this guitar was a chick, it would be a pretty, and strong. If it was lost or stolen, and there was no possible way to get it back, I would be broke, but If money wasn't a problem, I'd definately buy another. My favorite feature is probably the vines of life inlay, or the thru neck. I was sure I wanted it right when I walked in the store, so I have nothing to complain about. As I said, this baby is an all around beast. // 10

C-1 Classic Reviewed by: TrigFunction, on march 13, 2006

Purchased from: Ebay seller

Features: The Schecter Classic has a mahogany body with a quilted top along with multi-ply maple and walnut/rosewood neck. With a 5-way selector, tone, and volume knobs it has a wide range of possibilities. The bridge is TonePros with thru-body. This guitar also comes with some of the best pickups and tuners. My guitar rarely slips tune with the fantastic grover tuners and produces good sound with the seymour duncan JB (SH-4) and Jazz (SH-2N) pickups. The guitar's vine-of-life inlay just looks amazing on the guitar, and I especially like it with my antique amber color. // 10

Sound: I had been staring at this guitar on the interent for quite sometime and I just ran into someone who owned one (I hadnt played one yet because I live in a fairly small town) I picked it up and it all just flowed. I play a lot of blues and jazz type music but some rock SOAD, Seether stuff. The guitar shines on any type of blue and jazz though when you get into really heavy metal music I would go with a hellraiser, though the classic doesnt can suffice if needed. I usually play my guitar through a Guitar workstation (gnx4) to a Peavey KB-100 and it sounds pretty well with rare feedback. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything came fit in shape on this guitar. I cant think of much to say here honestly. I've only owned this guitar for around 4 months but I make sure that I clean it regularly. You may need to watch the gold hardware on your guitar to make sure it doesn't come off over time from oils and exposure to things of that sort. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've played this guitar onstage twice now and have not needed a backup. Everything has lasted fine with no problems. Like I said you may need to be wary of the gold hardware but with good care you wont have any problems. // 10

Overall Impression: As mentioned above the guitar works great for bluesy jazz type music but lack in metal. I've been playing for 4 years now and its my favorite guitar I have EVER played. If I would to lose this guitar I would buy a new one even over a Gibson SG (probably just because I like thinner necks though). I do wish the guitar came with a tremelo but it's an acceptable downside to such a great guitar. // 10

C-1 Classic Reviewed by: mikeman, on april 21, 2006

Sound: Suits my music beautifully, which is heavily blues based rock, also some metal, not too heavy, and the whole Vai, Malmsteen, Satch emulation. Need better amp! Not noisy on hum selector. The 5-way switch means you can go (from 1st pos. to 5th) H/S/H/S/H. Very versatile sound. You can go from clean Strat blues, to some really heavy stuff. You're perfectly equipped with everything you need on this guitar, except a trem, but divebombs get old+gay soon anyway. Sorry Eddie. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Set up perfectly. Couldn't ask for better. When I first got this guitar, after a few months of play, my strap button got loose, and stripped, so Schecter sent me a new one! It's good to know Schecter backs their products. Flaws? Hell no. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The thru-neck will withstand a war. The hardware is very sturdy. I did have a strap button issue (see action fit and finish) but Schecter sent me a new one. It seems very stable with the decently wide neck, no wizard crap for me. I wouldn't exactly call this guitar a "workhorse" guitar. It's too pretty. It would much rather be left in a case or put on a stand, or be played in a cozy room. I wouldn't do anything too "extreme" with it. Don't get me wrong, gigging is fine, all the time. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is a good match whether you play folk, or death metal. I've been playing 3 years, have a crybaby, I need a new amp, and the essentials. If it were stolen (I'd never lose my baby), I would get a new one of course. Schecter is so helpful, they'd probably send you a new one. And, of course I'd take an ice pick to the theifs head. I love everything about it, I hate nothing about it. My favorite feature is the overall construction. Everything is sturdy and awesome. I compared it to random Ibanez, and Jacksons, but they whimpered in unworthyness when compared to my Schek. I wish it had, um, maybe coil taps. But hey, you get better pickups with the Classic. I love this guitar. // 10

C-1 Classic Reviewed by: racerj, on july 18, 2006

Features: Got this guitar 6 months ago as a christmas present for myself. The specs are listed on any website that has this guitar, so I wont go into detail about it. I got the Vintage sunburst finish, and there actually weren't any C-1's with that finish anywhere in texas at the time, so I had to get it shipped from arizona. Bought a decent hard case which has protected it very well. You will want to buy a hard case for this guitar. // 10

Sound: What kind of style do you want to play? Doesn't matter, this guitar can play it. The 5-way selector has 2 coil-split positions, which do a real good job emulating single-coil pups. Distorted, the coil split positions sound almost perfect, but clean they have a few issues. Mainly, the sound is decreased and the guitar sounds almost acoustic. I say this is an issue, because I personally think this is a very good thing. With my old guitar, I'd always have to turn the volume down when I'd go from playing a clean lead line to playing chords, but with this guitar you can just Switch positions and strum as hard as you want. The volume knob is pretty much "off" and "on," so it's hard to do volume swells and stuff like that. Might be a concern for some people. I play through a Crate FXT120, and it's just incredible the range of sounds I can produce with this guitar. What about the sustain? "you could go and have a bite and you'd still be hearin that one." // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I first got this guitar, I thought the action was a little too high, but I've definitely gotten used to it. There is a tad bit of fret buzz here and there, but it certainly isn't anything that bothers me a bunch. This is a beautiful guitar. Mine came with the gold hardware, which is starting to fade because I haven't been taking care of it, but oh well. If you get the amber or the sunburst one, the gold finish will most likely fade after awhile. You're gonna want to buy a cloth to keep this baby sparkling. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I'm not really a gigging musician yet, but I would play this guitar without backup if I were. Just jamming with people, I havent had any problems with this Schecter. My top strap peg keeps coming unscrewed, so I just have to screw it back in tightly to stop that from happening. Other than that, the hardware on this thing is solid. I've banged the headstock on my desk too many times to count, but you wouldn't know it by looking at it. Not a scratch anywhere. This is gonna be a guitar my future grandson will be playing. // 10

Overall Impression: I play alternative/rock/grunge/metal and various other things in between, and this guitar works for just about everything. It was between this Schecter C-1 classic ($700), an Ibanez RG1570 ($750), an Epiphone Les Paul ($500), a Schecter Blackjack ($550), and some faded Gibson SG ($850). The Ibanez didn't really fit my style that well, and the other guitars were completely out of the Epiphone's league. The C-1 classic has everything the blackjack has and more, so it was basically between this guitar and the SG. I went with this Schecter, thinking in the future that I would pick up an actual SG. I probably will still do that, but that'll be way, way down the line. This guitar will easily satisfy my wants for a long time. I have one complaint. I wish I would have bought this guitar after I had bought a bunch of other guitars, so I could build to my collection. Now, if I buy a new guitar, I know it isn't going to be near as good as this Schecter, so there's no motivation to spend bunches of money. Weird complaint, I know. Next time you're at a music store, give this guitar a try! You will not be disappointed. // 10

C-1 Classic Reviewed by: SchecterFreak, on july 27, 2006

Features: It was made in 2003 in Japan. It has a 24 fret/25.5" scale with a rosewood fret board, and also has the Vine-Of-Life inlay on it. The neck is very slim, very easy to go fast on it. It is a solid top guitar made of alder with a transparent blue satin finish. The body style is like the Ibanez S and the neck is built into the body so it can sustain a note longer. It haas a string-thru body bridge and 2 Seymor Duncan pickups in the bridge and neck positions. There is a 5-way selector and two knobs. One is for tone and the other for the volume. The tuners on it are specially selected and installed by me and they are sperzel locking tuners. It came with a hard case as part of the price. // 10

Sound: I play a lot of hardcore and metal music. I also play classical and even some rock like AC/DC and such, and the guiatr steps up to the plate every time and knocks it right out of the park. It is very versital and adapts to many different effects. I use a Krank amplifier head and a Marshall half-stack, through these I use an M-Audio black box (which is great as well) and the Schecter never sounds muddy. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The set up is perfect. The pickups were great every thing was in order. I found one flaw and that was the amp plug-in b/c it was loose and I pushed it into the body ad had to fish it back out to tighten it backup again. // 10

Reliability & Durability: If there was ever a guitar that could withstand live playing, this would be the one. The hardware is perfect adn won't ever need to change. The strap buttons are solid as a rock on this baby! 1 and I know I have out it through its paces and it has held up and sounds brand new! And the finish is almost dent-resistant. It isn't guaranteed but I haven't found a way to dent the finish or the guitar itself. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a great guitar and I've been playing for 2 and a half years and it hasn't failed me yet. I have no regrets about buying this guitar and if it were stolen or lost I would buy another one without looking at anything else b/c nothing else compares to it. Believe me I've compared products from Epiphone, PRS, Jackson, Gretsch, Greg Bennit, and Fender too, LRD, ESP, Ibanez and many more. // 10

C-1 Classic Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 20, 2006

Purchased from: musiciansfriend.com

Features: I got an '06 model with antique amber finish (I think that's the "official" name of the color). You all know the specs by now, and the features are really too many to list. This isn't a definitve review, after all, only my opinion. But the features are there and are great for the price range, which is why I bought the guitar in the first place. For the most part, Schecter has really stepped up to the plate on the features, except for the coil tap (see next section). // 10

Sound: I play modern aggressive rock and this suits me just fine. I use it in front of a Boss GT-6, which will give me any sound in the Boss library that I'm looking for. The amp I use is a Randall R100SC 2X12 combo. This is my live rig and I bypass the preamps on the GT-6 in order to not sound too over-processed. This allows the p/u's to really Shine and reflect their tone. The bridge is bright without being harsh, and the neck is full without being muddy. This is the most popular and probably perfect p/u combination available in the aftermarket today. When you pair that with the features of the the C-1, you can get pretty close to any sound you want. Play country? Done. Blues? Done that too. This set up can do it all. I've tried to find a setting that these features cannot do and so far there are none. The only complaint I have is that so far the coil tap has dissappointed me. The p/u output drops dramatically when you select the single coil sound, this is frustrating because I can plug my Strat in on the same settings and get a similar output as a dual humbucker configuration. So, no great score for you there. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I was skeptical, I was told my guitar would ship 1/2 step down from 440hz and would be playable right out of the box. Schecter really hit the nail on the head. The guitar arrived in almost perfect 1/2 step down, tuned right up and stayed there. The action, intonation, and all other relevant stuff was done right. I didn't have to do anything other than plug it in to make sure the electronics worked properly. The strings were even new. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar was built to be played. It is as solid as a rock and I believe will stand the test of time. I've owned the guitar for about a month now and my band plays 2-3 shows a week. This thing holds up. The strap buttons are solid, and deep, because I had to remove them to install the strap locks. But the gold hardware will fade in time, I'm confident in that. I sweat all over the place on stage, so whatever, I can't avoid it. I normally gig without a backup, like an idiot, so let's hope there are no problems in the future. // 9

Overall Impression: Like I said, I play aggressive modern stuff. I've been playing for about 10 years now and gig out constantly. I own/have owned a Fender Strat, Epi V, Dean ML, Gibson Sonex, ESP Horizon, and a few oddball things I picked up along the way. While this is not the most expensive guitar I have owned (read: "best" to some people), it is definitely one of the best all around. It has the flash and features that I wanted and the price tag to go along with it. If it were stolen I would definitely have to buy another, not that I would want to. However, I did do my homework and compared this to the Ibanez SZ, Fender Showmaster HH, PRS SE CE/Singlecut, Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Gibson Les Paul Natural Mahogany, ESP LTD H-1000 and assorted others in the price range as well AS all of Schecter's C-1 models. And honestly, it was between this one and the white C-1 Elite, but the classic came with the duncans and I would have eaten the price difference in installing the pickups that I wanted in the first place. This is the best buy you can make for a touring/gigging guitar. But if you're one of those people Who get all hung up on what is printed on the headstock, well, I can't stop you from overpaying. // 9

C-1 Classic Reviewed by: twilightwolf, on november 23, 2006

Purchased from: musiciansbuy.com

Sound: This guitar does it all. It's pickups sound great with all music styles from metal to blues and some alternative in there. It sounds amazing through my Roland Cube 30x (the x is there because it's basically the same as the Roland Cube 30 but with more features). I like to play it with the rectifier setting cause you gotta love the rectifier. It's got great sounding palm-mutes with the volume and tone up and while using the treble pickup. it's got incredible sustain that just lasts and lasts. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything on the guitar was set-up well. No rattling or any flaws. I just reccomend thicker strings and raising the bridge on the Ead (Standard tuning) strings side cause the strings hit against the frets and pickups sometimes. There were no flaws with any aspect of the guitar every nut, bolt, screw, peg were placed and fitted perfectly. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Haven't done any sort of gigs or anything. I'm not a soloist or in a band or anything but it's a pretty stong guitar. I live in a small cubular room so I hit it on the walls and tables sometimes and everything is still intact. It's a pretty dependable guitar but if I were to go on a gig I'd bring a backup cause I'm a "just incase" kinda guy so you guys can have your own opinions on that. // 9

Overall Impression: I like to play what I think sounds awesome so I really don't have a prefered style of music except that I prefer rock. This guitar sounds great for all styles. I haven't been playing for that long (your thinking I'm a noob aren't you? Yes I know what you're thinking you bad person, anyways) as I said before I play it through a Roland Cube 30x I don't have anyother gear besides an acoustic electric Ibanez and I'm low on the ever so useful cash so no new gear for a while. If it were stolen/lost I'd buy another cause it's a great guitar for it's price. I absolutely love everything about it. I haven't really played with any other guitars except my friend's bc rich Bich(my C1 Classic sounds better but then again everything sounds better than B.C. Rich and still no idea why he likes B.C. Rich). I wouldn't wish for any changes for it cause it's awesome although I'm thinking of getting prs tremonti pickups on it when I get money. // 10

C-1 Classic Reviewed by: backtothe70s, on may 28, 2007

Purchased from: Deluxe Music

Features: This guitar was made -05 in Korea. It's built from one solid piece mahogany with a 24 jumbo fret rosewood neck with really nice "vine" inlays very similiar to Steve Vai's JEM model. I have the Antique amber color which may seems to be darkred on many pictures but in real life it looks more golden brown with it's sweet quilted maple top. It got two Seymour Duncan humbucker pickups, SH-4 in the bridge and SH-2n in the neck, both with gold covers just like the rest of the hardware. The bridge is a TonePros TOM with string thru-body. You have basic controls, volume, tone and a 5 way pickup selector. It's real eyecandy! // 8

Sound: My style, everything. When I bought it I was looking for something little heavier but that could still handle cleans and it sure does. It was a perfect match for me. I have been playing it thru a Spider II and a Peavey Classic 30 but also a lot of other amps including marshalls and sutch. It sounds great with all with any style and don't give me any fuzz or anything so far and I have owned it for about 6 months now. The only thing negative about it sound wise would be the controls, the volume dosn't fade in nicely like on a Stratocaster, it's almost full as you turn it and the tone make it all bassy at 0 and when you turn it up it is basicly the same. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Perfect! My ex feelt and sounded good from the moment I tried it in the store. Perfect action, not to low, not to high. Same goes for the pickups. I couldn't see any flaws at all on the finish and tuners turned nicely and keept it in tune. The feeling of playing on it could be described as flowing. It feels great and basicly anything is easier to play for me know from my Mustang. A big change there! // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've had some gigs with it and nothing as ever gone wrong with it and I trust it to stay that way. The only thing that seems to happend from time to time is some weak fretbuzz on the low E and A string but that is something I have only noticed when playing it acoustic, never live. // 9

Overall Impression: As I said, this is perfect if you like to play everything from just some basic clean chords or wanna drop it a whole step and play some heavy metal riffs. That would be the limit, then the strings start to buzz. I have played more seriusly with electric guitar for 3 years now and think I have a good ear for tone. I own a Fender Mustang other than this guitar and noting really special. Soon a Fender Blues Junior or HotRod to take the place at my side as my amp. This is for sure something I would buy again if I were looking for a humbucker guitar as I was 6 months ago. I also looked in to some Ibanez guitars but they all seem to metalish and sound the same and I really don't like the feel of them, this one on the other hand is nice and comfortable. Don't know anything that could compare to it. Only thing that could be better are the controls as I said, would give me a little more options to my sound. // 9

C-1 Classic Reviewed by: Mark G, on october 26, 2007

Features: The features on this guitar are incredible especially for it's price. At present there is no other guitar on the market with these amazing features for less than $1000. Neck through, Seymour Duncan pickups, TOM string thru bridge, grover tuners, vine of life inlays, 24 jumbo frets what more could you want in a set bridge guitar? I rate the features a 10 simply because there is no other guitar on the market with such quality features for this price. // 10

Sound: The Seymour Duncan JB & Jazz pickups combined with the mahogany/maple woods produce a very clear yet warm sound perfect for rock. These pickups are incredibly versatile, since the JB can do anything from rock to metal, and the Jazz can do anything from the cleanest cleans to jazz and blues. My musical taste was changing rapidly when I bought this guitar and shifted from rock to metal and metalcore. This is why I put EMG81/85 pickups in. The metal tone this guitar produces with these pickups is not from this world. I'm playing this guitar through a B-52 AT 112 tube amplifier boosted by a DigiTech Bad Monkey overdrive. This setup can give me any sound I could dream of. It isn't noisy at all, even when I was still using the stock passive pickups. I can push my gain and treble to it's maximum and not have to deal with insane amounts of feedback. I usually boost the Bass and Treble, and leave the mids at 50%. This gives me a very punchy and deep metal tone without losing any of it's definition. My clean settings are very similar. I must say that the stock pickups sounded much, much better clean than these EMGs do. However the improved low end punch in metal made it worthwile for me to change the pickups. The guitar with stock pickups is incredibly versatile, and suited for pretty much any musical style. However, the neck is a bit fatter than Ibanez necks. This is fine, but you have to like it. I personally find Ibanez necks a bit too thin so this neck suits me perfectly. I give it a 9, for it's versatility and incredible sound. I am refraining from giving a 10 however, since this neck might not be for everyone. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory setup was very good. It was very nice and low, and the intonation was spot on. I just changed the strings to a .11 from the stock gauge, which required a little adjustment on my part. The pickups were close enough to the strings, no adjustment was needed there. The top was matching perfectly, I could see no flaws. The bridge too was spotless. The frets were all filed perfectly, the neck was well oiled and the nut was in good shape. I noticed one small flaw in the painting near the neck, but it is very minor. I'm giving this an 8, for it's minor paint mistake near the neck. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've had this guitar for 2 years now, and it hasn't failed me yet. I would never ever gig without a backup, because we all know strange things can happen at concerts. However, this guitar would hold its own just fine. it's a great guitar for Live playing, the hardware is very solid, strap buttons are tight. The finish on this guitar is surprisingly rigid: not a single scratch in 2 years of playing! The one thing I originally had a problem with was the output jack. It sometimes got a little loose. Some super glue on the bolt permanently solved the matter. An 8 here, because of the output jack. // 8

Overall Impression: At this time I play metal and metalcore, and sometimes rock when my family demands a demonstration. Their fragile ears cannot yet handle the force that is metal. I've been playing for 2 years, but I have been playing other guitars besides this one. You can check my profile for my other gear, as well as soundclips if you care. I am extremely satisfied with this guitar, and if it were stolen I would just get this guitar again. There is nothing that compares for the price. I absolutely love this guitar for it's gorgeous looks and versatility. I don't hate anything about this guitar, and it is near perfect as is. The only thing I would have liked seeing on this guitar was independant volume/tone controls for the pickups, and a whammy bar. (Floyd Rose or ZR tremolo) However, this is a rock guitar and not a metal guitar so it is no surprise these things don't come on this guitar. I compared this guitar ro several other products including: Ibanez S520EX, Schecter Hellraiser, Gibson LP studio, Gibson LP classic, Epiphone LP Standard, Ibanez RG1560. I decided on the C1 Classic in the end, because none of those other guitars even came close in they money/guitar ratio. These features are just incredible for the price. This guitar is incredibly versatile, and I recommend everyone to try it before deciding on a guitar. The neck might not be for you, but that depends entirely on your preferance. No other guitar I could find comes close to this, when it comes to bang for your buck. // 9

C-1 Classic Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 16, 2007

Sound: Now for the real review. What really matters is the sound. this is a toatal annialation of any other guitar in its price range usally between 6 and 8 hundred. I have Epiphones I have Jackson's and have played B.C. Rich, Peavey. you name it I have had my grubby little hands on it. and this by far blew me away. I play Blues with my dad real muddy waters kind of stuff. this was right there wtih the mids and quick note changes. Every night I would break out the les paul for my sons lullaby but now I Switch to the neck single (you can choose to use single or humbucking) and get great soft tone that just rings even with no effects. Currently working on a hardcore Christmas album and this guitar has given me the lows highs and mids. It is the Best all around packaged guitar I have seen in a long while as longs as you can work around not having a tremolo. I use a Peavey 5150 Head with a 4 10 in the studio with a Crybaby wah and a Line 6 spyder 3 212 at home and get everything that I ever wanted out of this guitar. Best Money I have ever spent. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Now how it plays. I have no qulms with it whatsoever even though it's body was made in indonisia it is top notch. I am not just saying that it truly is quility at its highest. the Bridges is great it was set from the factory to play in stright A tuning (eadgbe) and I have had it re intonated for Drop C (1 whole step down CGCFAD) It plays a perfect C note open and on the 12th Fret so it goes evenly all the way downs. the pickups were at perfect hight didn't have any problems with sound not coming in right or anthing like that the factory in the usa that installed the hardware must have really taken their time with it because it was right were it needed to be (it has been known to people of a certain music store that complaints have been made on the gold hardware with excessive tarnish and fade). // 9

Reliability & Durability: As for Live playing that has yet to be seen, it is a guitar that is a bit pricey for me to be doing guitar spins with. But would I depend on this guitar to hold up. Hell yeah. As for Live sound it would be dangerous because if I messed up I would make the guitar look bad. It is not noisy as far as the body is concered. It isn't like a Parker fly were you can tap on the body and get a big thud out of the pickups. I wouldn't think twice as to not bring a back up because this is quality at it's best. But since I am a Creature of habit I would bring a back up but not out of fear of faliure but out of fear of me messing somthing up. And I garentee this paint will last forever (in a non literal sense) but it is top notch. // 10

Overall Impression: The guitar was a perfect 10. The only reason it made a 9 on the action fit finish is because other models with the gold tuners and hardware tarnish real bad over time. but I can't hold that against my blue babby. I wish they mad a exact replica with a tremolo because I would snatch that up in a hearbeat. my second Schecter and it blows the others out of the water. It gave me every thing I need into one with out haveing to sacrifice anywere where you might think you would have to give 1 thing for another but that was untrue about this. Granted I still use my Jackson in the studio and my SG with a EMG and a Dimbucker on stage but would not think twice as to use this in either application. I am using it in the studio now and will hope to use it live soon, thanks for reading now Go Get it you will not be dissapointed no matter who you are. // 10

C-1 Classic Reviewed by: schecter006, on may 23, 2008

Purchased from: Sound Control

Features: Features: 24 jumbo frets, body Mahogany with Quilted Maple, neck Multi-Ply Maple & Walnut/Rosewood, pickups Seymour Duncan JB (SH-4) & Jazz (SH-2n), bridge TonePros TOM w/ thru-body, electronics Vol/Tone/5-Way Mega, Grover tuners. Antique Amber finish with satin gold hardware and "vine of life" on fretboard. // 10

Sound: I play a lot of progressive post hardcore but I also drift off into other music areas (Indie, pop, blues, dance), I use this guitar for my Drop C (12 guage slinkys), I usually leave it on full humbucking with a MD-2 distortion and through a Marshall 100mdx, it sounds awesome distorted, very heavy, but the notes still come through, Palm muting is just monstrous, I love it! But even when clean it sounds good quite blusey good for strumming but sounds better picking the chords. Using the 5 way Switch this guitar can make sounds similar to a bass or even a Fender, right through to a PRS, it really does have a wide range! Oh I'll also add I do a lot of gigging and this guitar has no feedback with the amp. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar came out the box ready to play, only thing I done was change the strings so I could get Drop C, but even before changing them it was good to play. Pickups were setup and didn't need adjusted and no problems with the neck, bridge or truss bar. No flaws in the guitar either. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've only had one problem with this guitar and it was my fault, during Live playing a wire attatched to the jack snapped off, it was an easy repair job, but this was my fault as the jack was loose and I couldn't be bothered tightening it. Only other thing is it gets dirty fast and requires a fair bit of polishing to keep it looking new but it's worth it! Strap buttons are reliable and I never take a back up with me, good, decent finish aswell. just watch not to scratch teh back with a belt! // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar is awesome for my style but also suits other styles pretty well (mainly blues and rock). I've been playing for over 3 years and this is one of my best guitars, I also own a Schecter 006 Elite, and after playing this I straight away bought the same pickups for my 006. If this guitar was stolen I would defo buy it again! and if my 006 was stolen I'd replace it with one of these! I would compare this among the best of them (PRS), and easily pick it over a Gibson anyday! // 10

C-1 Classic Reviewed by: Stevegio, on october 12, 2009

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

Features: 2009 model, Neck thru body, quilt maple top on mahogany body Amazing abalone inly (green and blue-not whit like in the photos and (to my surprise) LOCKING Schecter TUNERS! Yes LOCKING TUNERS..not the Standard Grovers I was expecting... What a steal for $499 NEW! No case but for the price you have Plenty left over to buy one // 10

Sound: Seymore Duncan Jazz in the Neck and JB in the bridge..Neck thru body construction with string thru body and tone pros bridege. Sustain for DAYS and the Seymore duncans are connected to a 5 wat Mega Switch which is not at all flimsy or cheap. This will give you any sound you want and then some! Sound is VERY 3 dimensional. I play thru a 4X12 celestion loaded cab with a Crate Power Block and a POD XT and it sounds BETTER than my $2600 dollar Les Paul! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Perfect right out of the box the only guitar I have ever bought where the intonation was dead on. Tune up a half step and your ready to rock, action was just the right height and the pickups were perfectly adjusted. I am in awe at the Set up..If only Fender and Gibson could figure out what Shecter does! // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is a rock. Nice and light even wuth a mahogany body, no cramping shoulders after a 4 hour gig and still in tune! Locking Tuners make string change a breeze and to all those Who say they don't come with it, your WRONG..The 2009 model has Schecter Locking Tuners! // 10

Overall Impression: I play Jazz, Blues, Classic rock in a working band 4 nights a week and this is my go to guitar. Just put my Les paul on Crags List. It isn't a Strat and there's some things only a start can do but if I could only have 1 guitar this would be it. Beautiful inlay and Quilted maple top, Neck thru body, string thru body, locking tuners and real Seymore Duncans (NOT Duncan designed). All this for under $500? What a STEAL! If it were stolen I would commit homicide to get it back. // 10

C-1 Classic Reviewed by: Stringslinger25, on january 13, 2010

Features: This guitar has all the features of any custom shop guitar costing thousands of dollars more. Neck thru construction. Grover tuners. Tone Pros locking bridge. Seymour Duncan pickups. 24 jumbo frets on a 25.75 scale neck. The body is very dense, giving it great sustain. It aslo has a 5 way switch for coil tapping. Fantastic versatility! // 10

Sound: This guitar can do any style of music in any genre. Period. The sound is right between a Strat and a les paul. Very warm and fat tone, with a lot of bite and cut. I play everything from blues, to classic rock, to metal and this guitar has been my main axe for almost 5 years. And the coil taps sound as close to actual single coils as any I have ever heard. Because the pickups have so much bass to them already, if your going to be drop tuning very low you might want to switch out the pickups. Other than that this guitar sounds exactly how I would describe my perfect sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The finish is awesome. I have the sunburst model and the finish rivals PRS custom shop guitars. The inlays are beautiful and always attract attention. The Factory action was perfect. I use Elixer 10's and the guitar stays in tune BETTER than my ESP EC-1000 wich has locking tuners. The binding on the fret board was also fantastic. There are no sharp fret edges at all. This guitar plays like the neck has been greased down, the action is that good. I can sum it up in one word: PERFECT // 10

Reliability & Durability: I think I could use this guitar to split wood with. It is biult like a rock! Once it fell face first off of my guitar stand. I freaked out, but when I checked it over it was fine. This guitar has been a dependable friend for a long time now, and I have no reservations about how it will continue to hold up. As with any guitar, regular maintanence is crutial. Every 6 months I remove all the strings and fully condition the fret board with lemon oil, give it a full set up, and a thurouh cleaning. I plan on having this guiar for years and years to come. // 10

Overall Impression: This is the BEST guitar I have played that cost under $2000. The quality is unmatched by any other guitar at this price. I would take this guitar over a Gibson Les Paul Studio any day. And even over most Standards for that matter. But I wold suggest getting one NOW, because they have been officialy discontinued. For any style fo music, this guitar outshines most production line guitars easily. The only guitar I have found that I liked better was a $3500 PRS Custom 24. The C-1 Classic running through my 100 watt all tube amp has so much power and authority to its tone. If this guitar ever was stolen, I would not hesitate a second to get another one. Please try one out if you can find one. You will be amazed. // 10

C-1 Classic Reviewed by: rkp1992, on may 18, 2010

Purchased from: used

Features: not sure what year this was made since I bought it used, but it was made in Korea. Normally these guitars come set up from their usa factory, but since it was used I did have to set it up a little my self. It has 24 frets not sure what the neck feel or thickness is how ever I will say the neck is finished which I don't like. It is a 25.5 scale which is perfect for me. This guitar is neck through and strung through which gives it awesome sustain and stays in tune very well. The top is quilted maple and comes in a variety of colors. I think the binding on the body is natural maple, but the binding on the neck looks like it might just be plastic. The body is shaped like a Strat and the cutaway feels nice even when reaching for the 24th fret. The strings are strung through with a tune-o-matic bridge. All passive electronics with Seymour Duncan pups. The pick up selector is a 5 way blade Switch allowing for some coil tapping. There is one volume control and one tone control. The tuners on mine are non locking but I believe if you buy this guitar new it does come with locking tuners.It also comes with a hardshell case. Overall this guitar has some pretty awesome features and the vine inlay looks stunning. The only thing I would ask for is strap locks and an unfinished neck. // 8

Sound: I play mostly blues rock grunge and a little bit of metal. I would say it suits these styles perfectly except it could possibly use hotter pups for metal. The jazz hum bucker in the neck has a nice smooth sound and the jb in the bridge has plenty of bite. I use this guitar with a Peavey vypyr, but this guitar deserves a better amp. I also use a big muff pi w/tone wicker, a bad monkey, and a Dunlop crybaby. It sounds great at all setting. I'm think is a had a better amp this guitar would really sing, but it has a great sound anyway. When playing acoustically this thing sounds beautiful. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: as I said before I bought this used. I do know that the factory set ups from Schecter are perfect as I have played these guitars at gc. The pups were the right height and the top was matched really well. There were no flaws when I got this everything was in tip top shape. // 9

Reliability & Durability: i have used this guitar live once and without a backup. Nothing broke. i go to jam sessions all the time with this guitar and still not a single scratch. the hardware is lasting very well and the gold hardware doesn't chip off. the finish looks like it will last a lifetime. i was thinking about getting strap locks for this guitar, but it doesn't need them since the strap buttons are big enough. i wouldn't gig without a back-up except i had to since i cant really afford another guitar right now and a new amp is next on my list of things to buy. i pretty careful with this thing although it could probably take some abuse and nothing would get through the finish. also the hardshell case it came with can take a beating. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar suits my Quest for blues rock and grunge music well. I have been playing for 2 years and this is the best guitar I have ever owned. If it were stolen I would buy another in a heartbeat. I am actually planning on buying a few more of these when I have the money. I love everything about this guitar except the finished neck which is something I'm getting used to. I compared this too a few other guitar in the price range and this guitar is just so much better also since I bought it used I was sold. // 9

C-1 Classic Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 30, 2010

Purchased from: guitar center

Features: This guitar is made in Korea. Two Seymore Duncan Humbuckers JB SH-4 and Jazz SH-2N> The scale is 25.5 and 24 Jumbo Frets. Tune-O-Matic bridge. Strat style. One volume, One tone, and a 5-way toggle switch. Grover tuners with custom case. Neck-thru design // 10

Sound: The sound is GREAT! But in spite of some of the other reviews I've read on this ax, you can do anything with this guitar, INCLUDING METAL! All you need is a Boss 7 Band EQ pedal (if you play thru a solid state amp, If you play thru a Tube Amp ( I play thru a Peavy 6505+) you only need to use the eq pedal along with a Boss Digital Dely pedal tthru the effects loop when you do leads, which is what I do. (I use the Digital Delay only because I like a more "wet" sound than an amp can produce when I do leads.) The EQ pedal in a solid state amp will scoop your mids and along with this guitar, will make you have the "Ten Ton" sound that Scott Ian has, or like Dimebag had when he was crushing people with his tone. If you play through a tube amp, you will be blown away by the tone all by itself. Less effects is more // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Action from the factory is like any other guitar on the planet. No two guitarists play the same, and no two guitarists like the same thing in a guitar. But whether you are new to the guitar or a pro, you can make minmal adjustments to the action of the guitar and it will feel like butter. This is the reason I love Tone Pro bidges. You can dial this sucker in so that it's effortless onthe fret hand. Good stuff! // 10

Reliability & Durability: Live playig is what this guitar is made for. Get onstage with a guitar that not only has the tone of a Les Paul, but has the beutiful finish and "Vine of Life" inlays that this beast has, and people won't be able to stop watching you. With any intrument, you have to break down and clean your guitar after every performance to make the asthetics of the instrument hold up, but this is a solid guitar and will last longer than most musicians. Its a dream to play, and I have folks ask all the time how much I paid for this work of art. I tell them $1500 and they are shockd at how low the price is compared to the look and the sound of it. This is the answer to every broke musicians dream. (which I am) // 10

Overall Impression: I play heavy metal in one band, and play classic rock in another band. I gig with both at least once a week and this guitar is used in both. I own a Warrior Knight that has the same pickups in it. I also own an Ibenez EX-FX that has two EMG pickups in it. I've owned a Fender Standard Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard, Jackson Kelly w/Floyd Trem. And a Washburn Dime 33 w/ Floyd Rose Trem. The Schecter is as good as any of these, and better than the ones listed above that had tremelos because the tone of the string-thru-body design is like playing a high end Gibson but way more affordable. The only thing that I wish it had, and I wish all guitars had it, is Stainless Steele Frets. Thats it! // 9

C-1 Classic Reviewed by: ExDementia, on june 22, 2012

Features: I bought this guitar in 2006 from Guitar Center. It was on clearance for a ridiculously low price. I originally came in looking to buy a lower end Damien series, but I'm so glad I found this. 24 frets, gorgeous vine of life inlay on the fret board, red transparent quilted top, neck and Sting through body, six way pick up selector, Grover tuners, Seymour Duncan Jazz p-ups, and gold hardware. I fell in love the moment I saw it. // 10

Sound: This guitar is extremely uncharacteristic for the extreme metal I play (black metal, death metal), both in looks, and setup, but I love it to death. The bridge pick up is nice and bright, and VERY sensitive. It handles fast, technical, palm muted riffs very well without getting too muddled. It picks up harmonics very well. You shouldn't expect Zakk Wylde style ridiculousness, but you'll have no trouble making it squeal like any metal would. The neck pick up is very smooth and clear. It's fantastic for high gain leads that come out crystal clear, and really scream. It seems to favor low end frequencies which makes it sound incredible for clean playing. Strummed chords and more technical picking riffs come out sounding fantastically deep, smooth and warm. My only complaint here is that this combined with my B-52 AT-100 tube half stack results in quite a bit of feedback at mid to high volumes if you mute the strings. This is easily remedied with a noise gate, but it's annoying nonetheless. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came perfectly set up from Schecter, as is to be expected. The action was set extremely low without any fret buzz, making it an absolute dream to play. The frets are just the perfect depth that you don't have to push down on the strings very hard at all. This took some getting used to coming from a cheaper Ibanez RG. The fit and finish came absolutely perfect. The wood is just plain gorgeous, and the top coat was flawless. The inlays look fantastic and don't follow a repeating pattern down the neck. The hardware is all topnotch and is very easy to tweak. // 10

Reliability & Durability: In 6 years, this guitar has been played almost constantly. It has been dropped, knocked over, bumped into walls, had things fall on it, and has played shows all over southern California. It has a few nicks, chips, and scratches, but I still get complements on it all the time. About three years ago, my drunken cousin knocked it over while it was sitting on its stand (I could have cried). It fell off of a 1 foot step and landed face first onto the tile floor. It was all OK except a 1.5" crack about halfway down the neck, right below the fretboard where you rest the top of your palm. I spread some filler over it, and smoothed it over with 220 grit sand paper until you can barely feel it. Still plays perfect. All of the hardware still functions perfectly. It holds a tune amazingly well as long as you don't bump the tuners. It stays tuned in the back of my bumpy truck from San Diego to L.A. (in a hard case) just fine. I did have to replace the input, and re-solder a few of the connections at the volume knob, and pick ups, but nothing major. The gold is wearing off on the bridge, the volume knob, and the top of the bridge pick up from years of use and lots of palm muting. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar has been nothing but great to me. It is a fantastic guitar for the money, I really can't see why they discontinued it. It sounds great for any genre of music, is ridiculously easy to play, and is just plain beautiful. I can honestly say that it is a much nicer all around guitar than my Gibson Les Paul Special, while costing much less. I have come to find out that Gibson quality is surprisingly lacking outside of their really high end models. If if were lost or stolen, I would probably look for something else just to have a little variety, but I honestly don't think I would be able to pass one up if it were a good deal. I highly recommend picking one of these up if you can find one. It is an incredible instrument for the money. I will hold onto this guitar for as long as possible. I don't think I could ever sell it. // 9

C-1 Classic Reviewed by: AlexDiLiberti, on august 23, 2012

Purchased from: MusicGoRound

Features: My Schecter C-1 Classic was made in 2004. The body was crafted in Korea and the guitar itself was assembled and finished in the U.S. Specs: - Scale: 25 1/2 inches - Frets: 24 jumbo - Neck shape: Thin "C" neck through - Neck material: 5 piece (3 piece maple 2 piece walnut) - Fretboard: Bound rosewood - Inlay: Abalone Vines of Life - Nut: Graphtech - Tuners: Grover 18:1 - Body woods: Mahogany, maple, and walnut body with quilted maple top - Finish: 3-tone transparent sunburst - Binding: Creme binding on neck, natural maple on body and headstock - Bridge: TonePros through body locking tune-o-matic - Neck pickup: Seymour Duncan Jazz SH-2 - Bridge pickup: Seymour Duncan JB SH-4 - Pickup selector: 5-way coil splitter (neck, neck split, both, both split, and bridge) - Controls: 1 master tone, 1 master volume (came with 500k pots) - Hardware: Gold plated. // 9

Sound: This guitar, all thanks to its 5-way selector, has made every sound I've asked of it. With the neck pickup in series, the clarity and harmonics she produces out do any Mexican Strat I've ever heard or played. When the neck is parallel you can achieve a wonderful blues and classic rock growl. I'm not a big fan of both pickups parallel, but when they're split it has wonderful mids. And of course the bridge gives off a good amount of output for squealing pinches and incredible sustain for scaling (mostly because of the neck and body through design though). The amount and quantity of different woods used in her also add to the unique tone she gives off. The mahogany gives you that classic warmth and depth you'd expect from an LP, but the maple and walnut add a very bright and snappy undertone to your highs and upper mids. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought mine used and the guy who owned it before had the bridge a little too high for me, and the pickups a little too low; however the intonation was flawless. After a few adjustments she played like a dream. I've never had a guitar with easier bends and playability than this one. It takes NO effort to play this guitar. Everything was installed perfectly! I bought this after someone had owned it for 4 years and nothing so much as wiggled. Built like a damn rock. The bridge locks down tight, controls are nice and sturdy, and it just feel indestructible; has a nice weight to it. Not to mention it has the most beautiful finish on it! // 10

Reliability & Durability: She's definitely proven to hold up over time. The previous owner put her through 4 years of hard gigging and the only damage I could find was a little bit of buckle rash, but that goes for any used guitar. The finish is thick and still shining all over (I can see myself in it after a good polish). The hardware shows no signs of tarnishing, which is saying a lot for it being gold plated! Those of you who have dealt with it before know how hard it is to find decently gold plated hardware. It also has nice big strap buttons. I would trust them, but after you drop a guitar once, you never leave one without strap locks. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar will give you any sound you could ever want with its sparkling cleans, gutsy crunches, and face melting output. I enjoy playing many different styles: Jazz, Blues, Folk, Rock and Metal, so having a guitar that is so versatile is a godsend. I replaced the bridge JB pickup with a coil splitting EMG 81X recently and now she sounds more metal than the ESPs and Ibanez I've owned! I run this through a tube powered Zoom G7.1UT and a Crate Flexwave head and half stack. With the help of so many tubes the sound she gives off is more crystal clear than most guitars you'll hear on a CD. Even when I had my worn out GX-212 this guitar performed miraculously. If you take your guitar playing seriously, you'll pick one of these up. In all my years I have never found a guitar that plays, sounds, and feels so perfect for under two-thousand dollars. // 10

More Schecter reviews rating category latest review
+ Stiletto Custom-6 7.8 Bass Guitars 08/13/2014