C-1 Elite Review

manufacturer: Schecter date: 07/13/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Schecter: C-1 Elite
Mahogany Body, Maple Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, 24 Jumbo Frets, Grover Tuners, Duncan Design H-102 Pickups, Vol/Ton/3-way Electronics.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.8
 8.6
reviews (12) pictures (4) 17 comments vote for this gear:
C-1 Elite Reviewed by: UG Team, on august 06, 2003

Purchased from: Guitar Center in Bridgeton, Missouri

Features: The 25 fret Schecter C1 Elite is a sweet guitar. It comes with two Duncan Designed pickups and a nice gloss black finish with abalone binding. At the 12th fret, there is a cool tribal symbol. It is a double cutaway body and has a string-thru body bridge. The headstock comes equipped with Grover tuners and a rosewood fretboard. I've played almost EVERY guitar at Guitar Center, and this one simply sounded the purest. It's definately worth the money, even though it is not a hefty price. // 10

Sound: I play punk rock music, this suits my music style perfectly, it has the humbucking pickups, and a nice raunchy sound. I am playing it with an AVT150 Head and a 1960A Angled 4X12 Cabinet, both made by Marshall. The guitar never hums when not active, but just stays silent. It has a very rich sound on the bridge pickup and a bright sound on the neck pickup. The guitar can make so many great sound combinations, it's mind blowing. I love this guitar for so many reasons; looks, sound, and all it's great features! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar feels as if it was built in heaven, to me, it feels right. The pickups were just the right distance apart and placed on the guitar for that perfect rock sound. The bridge was set up nicely, but I don't recommend it for anyone who likes to play metal or 'hairspray' rock because it doesn't have a tremelo. The guitar has a set neck, which helps the overall stability of the guitar. I found no flaws in the guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I noticed that during a live show, Good Charlotte's guitarist, Billy Martin, used a Schecter C1. While it was not an Elite, it sounded very good. And the Elite sounds far better. It would rock in live playing. The hardware would definately last. It is all chrome and it is beautiful and durable. The finish is thick, but not too thick, I think, personally, that it will last for a long time. The strap buttons are set up well because they aren't straight, they are curving with the body, I think the guitar is very comfortable. I would depend on it, no doubt, and I wouldn't mind taking it to a gig without a backup ( even though backups are always nice :) ). I think the guitar is very durable. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been paying for about 3 years (I am 14 now), I also own the Marshall AVT150 Head and the 1960A Angled 4X12 Cabinet (which I have before stated). They play very well together. I also own an old Westone guitar and a small Fender Champ 15 Practice Amplifier. I do not regret not asking any questions about this guitar, it plays very solid. If someone stole this guitar, or I lost it, I would DEFINATELY buy it again, it is a great guitar. I love every single thing about it, and hate nothing. My favorite feature is the abalone binding along with the tribal symbol, that is so sweet. I compared it to the Fender Tom Delonge Signature Stratocaster, it sounded great also, but I chose this over the Fender. I played the C1 Plus also, but the Elite surpassed it, even though I did like the bridge pickup on the C1 Plus slightly better. I wish it had a 5th fret tribal symbol as well, playing with no fret dots is hard for me, since I have only been playing a few years. Overall this guitar is rock solid, and kicks serious butt. For anyone who likes Ibanez, Fender, or some Jackson models, Schecter is definately a sweet competitor to these big name companies. All of Schecter's guitars sound great, and many bands play with them. I recommend them any day. // 10

C-1 Elite Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 26, 2005

Features: Has 24 frets, and a nice inlay on the 12th. 5 piece neck through consturction for excellent sustain. Very high action out of the box, had to adjust it. Abalone along edges, looks beautiful in bright lights. Passive Duncan Design HB102 humbuckers, chrome cover. Grover tuners for maximum stability. Mine came fresh out of the box, so free guitar cable included. The folks at guitar center gave me a $100 dollars off the guitar's current average price. // 10

Sound: I play heavy metal and rock (Avenged Sevenfold, Shadows Fall, Metallica) and this guitar is good for my purposes. I use it with a Crate 30-watt and a Boss MT-2 which gives me a really good gain. It is not very noisy, though there is a noticable hum. The pickups are crap, very shrill sound and distort high notes. Will be replaced with EMG ZW set. The guitar comes with a coil tap selector so a great variety of sounds can be made. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up very well from the factory. The action was just a little high and the intonation was perfect. The body was scratchless and the jumbo frets were good. 0 flaws. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Just got it, no performances yet. // 10

Overall Impression: This is overall a great guitar. I have been playing about 4 years and I'm 14. My other guitar is a beat up BC Rich Bronze Warlock which I lost my taste for (it was a little over the top, I was only goin for looks when I bought it). The person at guitar center was ill-informed and told me that the coil tap selector gave me a 25 dB gain in volume, which is not true. If this were stolen, I'd definitely buy it again. I compared it to a Epiphone Les Paul of similar configuration, and this guitar kicked its ass. // 10

C-1 Elite Reviewed by: Imp, on july 20, 2006

Purchased from: Lakewood Music - Lakewood, NJ

Features: Mine is an `05. Parts manufactured in Korea, but put together in the US. The C series body is reminiscent of the Strat. It weighs almost nothing, and I mean almost nothing, being closer to 7 pounds than anything else, if that. The body cut-away allows for easy access to the upper frets. I got mine in white, with abalone binding along the whole body and neck, as well as the knobs. It looks beautiful. It has a medium width short scale neck (meaning the frets are a bit narrow) with 24 frets. That means it's easier to miss a note if you aren't accurate, but easier to move around the fret board in general as well as easier to stretch across notes and chords. The neck and body are one piece, which is good because truss rods make me nervous. The body is mahogany, and the fret board is rosewood/mahogany. The tuners are Grovers which is good for stability, but they aren't locking. If you are particular about your sound, you'll find yourself retuning every one in a while with heavy use. That is OK though because you won't have to worry about retuning during a session/gig or even every few days. It uses a humble 3 way Switch for your 2 pickups, 1 volume control for both, and 1 tone knob for both. You can pull out/push in the tone knob to switch between single coil and humbucker. The humbuckers are HG 108's which are Duncan Designed, but they aren't Duncan made. They are closed coil and chrome, so they look nice if nothing else. All of the hardware is chrome. The humbuckers are not wired in phase/in series as most humbuckers are, but are wired for the coil tap. As such in dual coil mode the guitar does have a fairly unique sound. The bridge is a string-through Tone Pros locking. Action adjustment is easy. You can get the black version of this guitar (which looks every bit as good as the white) left handed if needed. A single Diamond inlay is on the fret board at the 12th fret, but it has marker dots on the side (that only the guitarist can see) at the important frets. Anyone Who has had a strap break on them may be paranoid as the tabs don't lock. They are solid tabs though, so you should be ok if you aren't swinging it around your back ninja-style. The store owner who sold it to me threw in a gig bag, a strap, and a cable. // 9

Sound: I have a fairly wide range of musical influence so I bought this guitar with the intent of having a cheap, durable, flexible guitar to play along with my favorite songs. As I am relatively unskilled, it suits me just fine. It can stretch to the open airy chords and down to the harder crunch sounds of metal. Distortion isn't bad either. However, it doesn't do any of this very well. The sound is ok in all areas, being horrible at none, and excelling at none. I have to use a pedal to make it scream at all, and it's not really that much of a scream. I don't play in a band, or for other people in general, so the sound is ok for the hobbyist or beginner. I use a Kustom Quad 65DFX Combo. It's a gig ready stage amp that is actually pretty good. When I play with the amp effects often enough the guitar sounds good. The electronics are reasonable so that after a pickup replacement it would sound fairly professional. As a general rule with electric guitars, the fewer controls the clearer the signal. Hence one can look at the single 3-way Switch, single volume control, and the single tone knob as a major advantage. This is evidenced in this guitar with the sustain being fairly good and clear even with the sub-par pickups it comes with. At the same time, you ONLY have 1 volume and 1 tone knob for 2 pickups which some guitarist are not too happy about. It can get a bit noisy (I hate rattle) when you slam the low E if you don't have a death grip on the fret, but I also run my action a bit lower than most. Since it is a fairly flexible guitar it can go from bright to warm fairly fast. Its' weakest area is its' neck pickup. It's really hard to put any sort of crunch on power chords. The advantage to this is that the sound is easily (and somewhat inexpensively) upgradable to a 9 or 10 rating. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was the single best thing about it. It came already adjusted nicely which is very important because, in my opinion, action affects how much fun a guitar is to play. It is very fun to play, and numerous people have said as much upon having tried it for only a few minutes. All of the parts on mine are fairly tight, especially the bridge, except for the tone knob which has a half centimeter of rotary give. It's aligned well and routed well, which is better than I expected considering the price. However, some of the paint was worn away at the edge around the depression the volume knob sits in. The clear-coat on the paint is nice, but not very thick, so you can scratch it up if you start bumping it into stuff fairly hard. The guitar cable jack is on the bottom edge of the guitar so it can get in the way if you like to rest your guitar on something when you sit and play. The jack is really the only annoying thing about this guitar that you can't fix. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The guitar is durable. Despite the paint not being as well protected as I would like, you won't have to worry about the bridge or tuners coming loose in mid session. The wood is light, but has no inherent flaws (mine at least doesn't.) The bridge looks like it will outlast the guitar, the tuners look like you can keep them if you want but may loosen with age, and the knobs look like they will need to be fixed soon. The cable jack seems pretty solid and tight, but I am extremely conscious about messing with that so my experience may vary from yours. The strap buttons are fairly solid, but as noted before, non-locking. I have never gigged but I play very heavy, very loud, and very long at home and so far it has not failed me. The finish is good and protected, but the protective layer is thin. I rubbed on what I thought was black sticky junk and it took up some of the paint around the damaged part of the finish by the volume knob. I put some clear nail polish on the area and it is holding firm and secure. In a nutshell, if a part gets scratched, it's easy for the scratch to spread. However, if it's not scratched it's pretty durable. A very thin layer of clear nail polish near the few sharp corners works wonders. Since electronic durability is what matters this guitar does well in this catagory. If looks are a big deal to you, it scores a bit lower. // 8

Overall Impression: It's a good match for my style and level of playing. I have been playing approximately a year now and this is my first guitar that isn't a 70 dollar Wal-mart acoustic. I have been around electrics for half a decade however, so I know a little something about them. I wish I had been more clear on the effect and possible sounds of the stock humbuckers as well as the coil tap. It was actually HARD to figure out if I was in single coil or dual coil mode when I pulled out the Switch. That should be more obvious but I think it is more an effect of the pickups than anything. Also, it doesn't hum very much near the amp even in single coil mode which some people Who prefer short guitar cables will appreciate. For the price it is a great guitar. I would buy it again if lost or stolen due to the light pocket price and the features it comes with stock. I plan to replace the pickups and the knobs at which point it would be a good durable road guitar. Most reviews of this guitar suggest EMGs, but I hate the idea of keeping track of batteries and won't get EMGs. I'm still researching my options here, maybe something active on a phantom power source (from the amp) for the neck, and something open, airy, and passive for the lead. A large number of guitarists from a large variety of bands use this guitar as a workhorse guitar for average shows and day to day play. I would not ever consider this a prize guitar, and plan on buying a few specialized guitars for certain songs for flexibility. It's good for about everything else though. I've compared it to a lot of guitars (too many to list) in it's price range, and it was (IMO) the best for the buck. // 9

C-1 Elite Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 14, 2010

Features: The 24 fret Schecter C1 Elit is a sweet guitar. It comes with two Duncan Designed pickups and a nice gloss black finish with abalone binding. At the 12th fret, there is tribal symbol also in abalone. It is a double cutaway body and has a string-thru body bridge. The headstock comes equipped with Grover tuners and a rosewood fretboard. I've played various Les Paul's and a highly rated and very similar PRS, I would easily rate it higher. // 10

Sound: I play a blend of Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Indie, Progressive Rock, Jazz Fusion. I must say it fights all these styles perfectly, for hard rock, which is mainly based around a medley of Open Chords and Power Chords, it's neck is perfect. The pickups are even better, clean and driven on open chords sounds perfect, truly does. Power chords are really driven. The solo's are the same, really driving on the bends, crisp and clean, nothing you don't want popping up in there. legato's are really fun and easy to play, I often find myself lost in it playing as much as I can really blusly stuff around the 5 and 10 fret and legato sweeps beyond the 15th. I would find that most guitars would stop me on the 17th-19th but I can keep going all the way up to 24th on the low E! I think most other styles suit it to be honest with you, I can't find a fault in the way it plays, the sound is beautiful. Crisp, I need no effects, although reverb on the clean is particularly nice, It's not noisy at all, if you pop the tone pot it's really clear like single coils. And theres loads of variety in it, which not surprisngly is all to the full. Clean Driven Blues Jazz Funk Are all easly capable, I think pedals aren't needed for this guitar but make it better. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Set up perfectly, I had a problem with the action, it was very low however I wanted it to go as low as I could actually get it, which with the missing of a tremolo system (I rely on bending the neck in a similar fashion to Randy Rhoads) has sent a bit of buzz on the 3rd fret, got a screwdriver sorted. Pickups were perfect as was the top, the bridge and the routing everything perfect. All the hardware, Flaw, Filed Fretwire, Woord, Hardware, Tuning Pegs, Nut and Saddle all perfect, Controls still perfect. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will withstand live playing as it has done, I wouldn't bring a second guitar, It stays in tune, everything is perfect and I'm certain all hardware will last. The strap buttons are solid and like I said I can easily depend on it. The finish is perfect, I'm certain it will last for a while, a chip on the headstock is due to me knocking it constantly (like every 5 minutes, every day) nothing to do with Schecter. I swear it has 2 inches of lacquer on the body. // 10

Overall Impression: Yes I've rated this at a 10 the whole way through and that is because this guitar is perfect, I think the only draw back is the lack of tremolo. Although it creates a lot of ease with tuning, stringing, etc. It's capable of every tone and every style. I own a Jackson Randy Rhoads, and like I said I've played Gibson LP's, Eagles (very good guitars) PRS, Matched Ibanez's and they can't hold a candle light to this, it's amazing in every sense of the word. If it was stolen I would defiantly by another one, although I would probably edge to the classic on one with a tremolo as I believe this model is discontinued at this point. I love everything about it, the only thing I hate it my tendency to knock the volume and very rarely the tone which is really anoying! I would compare it to the Ibanez Rg serious and PRS double cut series as they are basically the same, spec's, prices, etc. The C-1 in all class's is by far a more supreme guitar. // 9

C-1 Elite Reviewed by: guitaraddict31, on march 10, 2011

Purchased from: friend

Features: I got this guitar recently because my last guitar got stolen along with all my pedals; however, this guitar is pretty tight. Made in the U.S., has 24 frets, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, with cool inlays outlining the fretboard, has an amber color, mahogany body with an alder style, tune-o-matic bridge, grover tuners (gold hardware) passive electronics. Has a good Bridge pickup (both Bridge and neck PU are duncan designed) the neck PU is ok too but you might want to Switch it with something a little more glassy. Volume knob, tone knob with a coil tap, really cool :) // 9

Sound: this guitar is good for anything really. I play at church and I play in a metal band and a Ska band, and this guitar does all three jobs really well. It has really good sustain, solid tone. Since all my pedals got stolen, I'm running this guitar through a Boss bluesdriver, and an electro harmonix holystain pedal, straight to my amp. Sounds really good, probably better than my last guitar (which was an Ibanez RG with dimarzios on both PU. Not noisy at all, even with the coil tap it gives a little bit of hum but its not too bad. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I got this guitar like 3rd hand so I don't know exactly how it would feel if it was brand new, but its a great guitar so I can't complain. Everything is pretty well adjusted. For now, I am not seeing any flaws or defects with this guitar. If I were to assume any upcoming defects, I would guess that the tone knob could get a little loose, because of the push and pull of the coil tap. // 10

Reliability & Durability: its built really solid. I don't think it will break too easily. I'm not gonna run around testing the durability though, I take good care of my babies. The hardware is slowly losing the gold finish but its still in place and good to go. The finish on the guitar is really nice. It makes the guitar really stand out when you're playing live. // 10

Overall Impression: I play christian, metal, alternative, ska, rock, jazz, country and all of the above, and this guitar is good for all of those genres. I've been playing since I was 10, and I am turning 20 in a week, sooo do the math :). I own a Fender 212 frontman, B-52 100watt combo (my main amp for live and recording), a blues driver, and a reverb pedal (thats really all you need) I wouldn't buy my exact guitar AGAIN, just because of the color, Orange isnt my thing. I would get it if it was in dark purple (like barney). I've compared it to the other Schecter brand guitars like the hellraisers, and I would have to agree more with my own Schecter elite, just because of the comfort and gold hardware (I love gooooooollllldddd) // 10

C-1 Elite Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 23, 2004

Features: It has 24 frets on a rosewood board, and a really nice inlay on the 12th fret. The body has a quilt top and the colour is amber. There's an abalony binding around the whole guitar. The body is made of mahogany. Tune-o-matic brige with two duncan humbucker pickups and grover tuners. Passive electronics, one volume and one push-in pull-out tone control. The guitar included a SKB hardshell case. // 10

Sound: It is just wonderful for my style of music, and I play mostly thrash metal and/or hard rock. I'm using a Marshall MG100 and the two together are perfect. It's rich, full, grungy, bright, and thrashy all in one. There is alot of variety in it, and has an excelent clean tone. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was great and still is. It's low, but not too low, and plays like butter! The pickups were adjusted perfectly. Everything was set up great. There were no flaws what so ever. Great, great guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It will most definatly withstand live playing, and it will be the guita I'll use at shows in my new band too. The guitar is a high quality nad will last forever. // 10

Overall Impression: It is a great match for my style of music, I've been playing for 4 and a half years, and I still own my first amp, a little Vox, and I have a Marshall MG100HDFX. My favorite feature is the tone control. This way I can get the sound of humbuckers or single coil pickups. I couldnt ask for anything more. It's awesome beyond awesome. // 10

C-1 Elite Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 25, 2005

Features: The Schecter C 1 Elite is a great guitar. It has tons of features. 24 frets with a nice inlay on the 12th fret. Neck-through body wich gives it great sustain. This guitar is built to last. This also features a 5-way selector. The pickups on this guitar are Duncan design. Great for any type of music. Although there is no locking trem it stays in prety good tune even playing heavy stuff. // 10

Sound: This guitar suits my music style wich is mostly metal but good for any type of music. I use the Line 6 pod with this guitar that gives this guitar a great sound. I also use a MF350 head and a 4 by 12 Mesa Boogie cab. You can make many sounds. Just depends on what you know. I can make many sounds such as squeels and alot of harmonics. This guitar has to have been the greatest guitar I have ever owned. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: No problems at all. It was just perfect. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will last. Unless your crazy and you throw it in to things. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a good match for any type of music and I highly recomend this guitar for anyone. I have been playing for 5 1/2 years and I'm still learning. I'm 16 and I never have had a problem with this guitar. This guitar is too precious to be stolen or lost. But if it were to happen I would most defenately buy another one. I did compare this guitar to many other products but this one came out one top of all of them. I compared it to PRS, Ibanez, other Schecter's, BC Rich, Gibson and many others. I chose this one because of the sound and quality at a more reasonable price than the prs. I don't wish for anything else on this guitar because of all the features that are already on it. // 8

C-1 Elite Reviewed by: rhchilipepper, on december 28, 2005

Features: This guitar is amazing. I'll go through a list of its specs. Its body is mahagony, 24 jumbo frets, on a mahognay and rosewood neck with a nice little 12th fret inlay. It has Duncan Designed HB-102 pickups that give a high range of sound, especially with a tone know that greatly changes sound quality when you pull it in or push it out. It nice pearly-ness going all around the guitar edge and on the knobs. It's so sexy. // 10

Sound: I think this could suite any style of music, with the wide range of sound it gives. It works fine with my style which would be most types of rock and metal. It doesn't make any anoying hums. You can get very rich and full or soft and muted sounds from this guitar. It's very versitile. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Brands like Fender use their name to sell guitars, whereas Schecter is less known, and uses very high quality parts. It is very well put together. No flaws. Perfect. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will definately withstand live playing. Having one piece of wood for the neck and the body it's stronger than a guitar with a screwed on neck. This guitar will last a long time and I think it will have a good resale value too. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a good match for any style of music. If it was lost this is the guitar I would defeinately be top of my list to buy. This is the sweetest guitar ever. I love its versatility and the way it makes my guitar playing sound better than it really is. There is nothing I hate about it. If you're looking to move up from some Fender squire thing, or just looking for a better guitar, this is perfect. It's a very high quality guitar and is very worth the money. // 10

C-1 Elite Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 24, 2006

Features: It's a brand new Korean Schecter with 24 jumbo frets. The ultra access neck is aweseom. The action is super low. It's got an Ultra Access set neck (25.5"). Mahogony body and neck, great sustain. Rosewood fingerboard, but it looks ebony. No inlays except on 12th fret. 2 chrome covered duncan designed HB-102. You can get can get a quilted top with the orange color, or solid with the black or white. The Tonepros Tom bridge is cool with the string through body. Abalone binding along the whole guitar and on top of the knobs. It's a beauty. Schecter did a good job on that. There are 2 knobs, volume and tone. Grover tuners, stays in tune very well. Doesn't come with anything, but you could prob get a strap or locks if you know the guy at the store. // 10

Sound: I play metal, hard rock, classic rock, punk, every kind of rock, but mainly stuff like Avenged Sevenfold, bands like that. And the guitars in A7X play schecters, too. I'm running it though a Peavey Studio Pro 112 65 watt, and a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal. It sounds good, but I would like it better with a Metal Zone pedal or something (that's just the way I like my dist). The pinch harmonics are great. It sounds great. The overall sound is awesome. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action makes me say "yahoooo," the pickups make it sound that good too, probs to duncan designs. You can get a quilted top with the orange color. I got the solid black, so it's solid top. The abalone binding is very sexy. No flaws it the guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I am changing to Dunlop strap locks, just incase. I haven't played live, but I've played with my band and its good. I wouldnt use it as a backup, because it would be my main guitar. I would use this as my main, and if I had one, a Les Paul as my backup. everything is perfect on this guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: I play all kinds of rock, but mostly harder stuff and schecters are great for that, or blues or anything. I've been playing for about a year. I own an Epiphone Special LP, Peavey Studio Pro 112 65 watt, DS-1 dist. (I don't like the dist. pedal). I love everything about this guitar. It also has the coil tap. // 10

C-1 Elite Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 07, 2007

Purchased from: Ebay

Sound: I play all genre's of music. But the Duncan pickups give a amazing destructive sound and it sounds amazing. I play this guitar through a Marshall MG100DFX. To me it sounds brilliant but if you want to make the best of the Duncan pickups I suggest you buy a B-52 because it gives you more for what you paid for. What I also love about this guitar is that it gives off the best harmonics. So if your in the style of playing Zakk Wylde or even Eddie Van Halen this guitar is perfect for you. Also this guitar is perfect for people who play in drop D. because a lot of guitars if you tune to drop D it doesn't stay in tune long. But this is a masterpiece. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got the guitar from some guy on eBay the action was a little high. But then I took it to Sam Ash and asked the guy Randy to set the action lower and he did and it plays amazing. You barely have to touch the string and it gives the note. All the Schecter models are made very well you can bang the guitar to almost anything and it hardly scratches. Mine is in Perfect condition and I bang it around so it's amazing. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The guitar is perfect for gigs. It stays in tune very well I hardly have to tune the guitar. The guitar strap Never falls off the guitar. With my friend Who has a Fender Strat he had a problem with the guitar strap falling off. This guitar is probably one of the most Dependable guitars out there. // 10

Overall Impression: I was simply amazed! I have been playing ever since I was 7 and Now I'm 17, so I guess about 10 years. If you don't have this guitar you should go out and buy your self one! you will not regret it! I also compared this to the Hellraiser which was amazing also, but the feel to this guitar was just my type. // 10

C-1 Elite Reviewed by: kubitzdeth, on june 09, 2008

Purchased from: guitar center

Features: not quite sure what year but I bought it in 2007. Itwas made in the usa and has 24 jumbo frets with the Diamond inlay at twelve and nothing else. I got the black finish with the gem looking cream binding. It has a mahogany body with a rosewood fingerboard and neck thru body construction. It has one tone and one volume Switch the tone can be pulled for a stratty sounding dropcoil type of deal. The pickups are alright but nothing special I'm replacing them with blackouts. and it has grover tuners. // 8

Sound: AMAING. I play a veriety of music from jazz to blues to blistering metal and this puppy handles it all perfectly. The dropcoil sort of does a buzzing thing sometimes but it's hardly noticeable. the neck pickup is great for blues and jazz chords and the bridge is sharp and rough for even the heaviest fo metal, but I'm replacing the because they're a little too bassy for me. I run it through an old tubeworks pedal (my Boss metal pedal burned in my housefire) and I run it through the Vox AD30VT which has it's own effect so it's fine. if it came with better humbuckers it would probably be the best guitar I've ever played // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I didn't mind the factory set up too much. I just tweaked a couple of things like the pickup height but that's also kind of a person to person thing.I love how the frets were factory filed to low so you can trill and sweep with ease (not verry good at sweepin though lol)the controls do get a little loose but what guitar doesnt't. It was in pretty much perfect condition when I got it and it still is so it's obviously a good buy. // 10

Reliability & Durability: this guitar is great Live. I'veplayed atschool functions and what not and it's never failed I'd even venture to say I wouldn't bring a backup. (although that's just silly) Butmy point stands. This has lasted me a year without any problems and I'm clumsy also. I've dropped it once bange dit on a couple things and didn't even polish it for most of the time and it's still pretty much the same cept for one or two scratches. // 10

Overall Impression: outstandidng instrument at an affordable price too. I play powermetal in my band but in the privacy of my room I play anything from blues and classical to grunge and led zeppelin and this guitar has a verry good range.I've been playing for like two years and only seriously for like one but I also own an old like 74 elektra les paul and a Charvel randy rhodes v type thing (both bought at pawn shops lol). this baby outranks them both and honestly I didn't even play it before I bought it I heard someone else and I had to leave so I just plucked it off the shelf (I know stupid thing to do but I had only been playing a year and I thought it looked awesome.)I honestly like this guitar better than les pauls and the like and if it were stolen I'd probably destroy the earth. My favorite feature is the frets, they're filed reallylow so you can shred with ease it has a really fast neck. The only thing I wish it had was another string. // 10

C-1 Elite Reviewed by: xSUBLiiMINALx, on july 13, 2012

Features: The guitar was made in 2005 in Asia. Comes with 24 frets (25.5" scale) with a set-in maple neck with abalone binding. Has a tribal inlay at the 12th fret. The body is a Strat style made of mahogany and has a gloss black finish. The bridge is string-thru and comes loaded with Duncan Designed HB-102 set (modeled after the SH-4 JB and SH-2N Jazz) and has a 3 way selector with coil tap. The tuners are grover non-locking. // 7

Sound: I pretty much only play rock but that includes anything from classic rock to black metal. I'm only a hobbyist (playing for 10 years) so it suits my needs pretty well. I run it through a Vox AD30VT and while it's by no means the absolute greatest, I can get any sound I want decently with this guitar. I've always intended to swap the pick-ups but in the 7 years of owning this guitar, I've just never got around to it. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The original factory set-up was done in the USA as with most mid-higher end Schecters are. They did a good job with the action and pick-up height, but over the years I've dropped my tuning as well as started using heavier gauged strings so it goes without saying I've had to do some adjusting as I wen't along. As for the finish I'm quite impressed with it. Not only does it look great, but in 7 years this thing has had numerous bangs into walls and the arm rest of the chair I usually play it in, which happen to be wooden. I know it's not the smartest idea but to this day it still doesn't have a scratch on it. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would definitely withstand live playing, although I would probably swap the pick-ups if I was going to do that. I've always wanted a Duncan Distortion set in this, but everything is personal preference. When I was younger I played in a few bands and never had a problem with this guitar. As I said previously, I've played this guitar heavily for the past 7 years and have not had one issue with the Pup selector, coil tap, or volume/tone pots. Tuners also still work great and the strap buttons are sturdy, although these days I primarily play sitting down. // 9

Overall Impression: I've been playing for about 10 years and I've owned quite a few guitars in my time, but this is the only one I've held onto. I learned to play on a Strat but wanted 24 frets and for me this guitar just feels right in my hands, and really that's all that matters. If it we're lost or stolen I'd probably get something newer because 1) this is discontinued 2) I've always wanted a baritone. Although I'd most likely get another C-1 variation. But I've seen these on Craigslist going for around $300 dollars so if you come across one, I say give it a try. // 8

More Schecter reviews rating category latest review
+ Omen-7 7.8 Electric Guitars 12/21/2013