C-1 Lady Luck Review

manufacturer: Schecter date: 02/13/2009 category: Electric Guitars
Schecter: C-1 Lady Luck
With a set Mahogany neck with Rosewood fingerboard and Mahogany body loaded with Schecter Alnico Plus Pickups, anyone will admit that this guitar doesn't just sound good; it looks good, too.
 9.7
 9.6
 9.8
review (1) pictures (1) 24 comments vote for this gear:
C-1 Lady Luck Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 13, 2009

Features: Made in south Korea but you would probably think it's a USA model if you didn't know any better, 24 jumbo(I think)frets, set neck but it's carved out like a neck through, the finish on it is awesome(a flat red it looks really sick in person) it's got a tom bridge with a string through body, 2 passive Schecter humbucking pickups which are really hot and pretty good for the stock ones I probably wont change them(everything sounds good through my Peavey classic 50 though) it's got 2 volume and one tone and the tone is a push pull coil tap which taps both pickups non locking Schecter tuners(it stays in tune really well, oh and all the hardware is finished in a distressed chrome which looks really bad ass, it has a finish line girl inlay at the 12th fret and some pin striping and two dice on the headstock. // 9

Sound: It works great for metal, the pickups rival my les Paul with emgs for grabbing pinch harmonics. The coil taps make it pretty versatile though I went from a Killswitch Engage song to a jimi hendrix song and it pulled it off pretty good. I'm using it with a Peavey classic 50 all tube amp, with a Boss ns2 noise reduction and a DigiTech Grunge pedal, or just the amps distortion for less metal sounds and it really just sounds good with pretty much whatever I do to it, it is quickly becoming my favorite guitar. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up absolutely perfect from the factory I just picked it up and started playing I checked it over pretty good and it's perfectly put together, I think my favorite thing about this guitar is that the flat red finish continues on the back of the neck and it just makes the neck feel buttery smooth. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This thing just has a good sturdy feel to it, it's one of those guitars you can tell your gonna have for a long time, as far as the finish goes I'm pretty careful with my guitars and it seems pretty thisck so I don't think anything is going to Hurt it, but it would probably look cooler with a scratches or wear marks in it to be honest, I would use it on a gig with no back up definitely. // 10

Overall Impression: the guitar just puts out an awesome vibe, even in The Music store it just caught almost every persons attention that walked by it, I probably saw 20 people play it in the course of about 20 minutes so I thought man I gotta check this bad boy out, and I'm glad I did because it's one kick ass guitar. // 10

More Schecter reviews rating category latest review
+ Stiletto Custom-6 7.8 Bass Guitars 08/13/2014