C-1 Plus Review

manufacturer: Schecter date: 08/12/2013 category: Electric Guitars
Schecter: C-1 Plus
24 frets, set neck, volume, distortion knob, mild tuning knob, 3-way selector, mahogany wood, jumbo frets, maple or rosewood scale.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.6
 Action, Fit & Finish: 9.6
 Features: 9.2
 9.2
 9.5
 8.8
reviews (23) pictures (4) 44 comments vote for this gear:
C-1 Plus Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 04, 2003

Features: Ok guys, let me first start by saying this guitar is amazzzzing value. It is a guitar of class, so much thought has been put into every part of this guitar by its designers/manufacturers (who by the way are also the makers of ESP). From the positioning of the two volume, tone, and pick up selector Switch to avoid being hit when playing hard, to the contours of hte body which rest nicely into your body there is not one thing I would make a big fuss over. Unfortunately it does lack a tremelo system, which seems to be a growing trend these days... and although I wanted a guitar with a floyd rose I really couldn't go past this guitar because it just looks so good in real life. BUY IT AND ALL YOUR FRIENDS WITH 3000 DOLLAR GIBSONS AND PRS's WILL BE JEALOUS! Don't let the fact that the pick ups are ducan designed and not offical semour duncans put you off, the tone is warm and bright, and the sustain equals that of a much more expensive guitar. To top it all off, the fret inlays look really cool. For a quality 24 fret guitar under $1200 you can't really go past this beast. Also, my guitar dealer gave me a nice hard case to go with it for the sale price of the guitar, it's shaped to the shape of the guitar and its really cool looking. // 10

Sound: The first thing I noticed about the sound is that there is no back ground noise. I've been playing a cheap 500 dollar Yamaha for the last 6 years and I'm so used to having to mute the strings to stop annoying buzzes and the like, this guitar is pure luxury to a person like myself. I generally just hook the guitar up through boss effects and I can safely say that under both high gain (distorted) or pure tones (clean) this guitar handles very well. Personally I prefer to play rock/metal and it suits me just fine. But alone in my room it also handles the blues very well also. My only dislike would be that my fingers aren't thin and so holding down the 24th fret on the high e string can be difficult if you are playing a flurry of notes (ala John Petrucci). For clean I recommend the neck pick up config. For rock either the middle or bridge config. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: There's not much to say here...it plays nicely, looks beautiful. From the binding to the mahogony body and neck it's really quite a treat to play. Much easier than my old guitar and any of my friends expensive fenders...personally I think a 3000 dollar Fender wouldn't be this easy to play. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've only had this guitar 1 month but so far everything is really sturdy, I even do the Tom Morello pick up toggle trick really fast, and the toggle Switch hasn't degraded a bit!... If your a morello wanna be this is a great guitar. Playing live I always keep my Yamaha as a back up, but as yet I haven't needed to fall back on it cuz this Schecter is durable as hell. Plus it's really hard to scratch (although I wouldn't make it my ambition to scratch it in the first place). // 10

Overall Impression: I'm 21 years old and I have been playing lead guitar for about 9 years... I have always been kind of poor and so I have never owned really nice guitars until this one. I am really impressed by this guitar, in my opinion it is the quality of a $3000 dollar prs in a $1000 dollar guitar. A lot of times your paying for the name of a guitar, I truelly believe every dollar I spent on this guitar was used in building it. For young neo metal guitar players or even veteren rock and roll'ars I would recommend this guitar. // 10

C-1 Plus Reviewed by: pacoasterrider, on february 16, 2007

Purchased from: Roseville Music Center

Features: This is a 2005 Korean made Schecter C1 Plus. It's a mahogony body with a Flame Maple top, very light-weight. It's a rosewood/mahgony 3pc 24.75" scale neck with 24 frets. It contains two passive Duncan Desigh HB-102 pickups. The guitar features a coil-tap pickup selecter and a 3-way pickup switch. It features vol/vol/tone knobs as well, which the tone knob is also the coil tap. It contains a tone-pros string thru body bridge, and chrome grover tuners as well as chrome hardware. The finish is a beautiful blue, almost black looking without light but when you Shine the light on it there's a beautiful blue glow. It also features a cream binding along with abalone & pearl inalys. Great build overall except not the best of pickups. // 9

Sound: I play a wide variety of music from cleans/idnie to heavy metalcore/hardcore and everyhting in between and this guitar is very versital. The pickups do the job, especally if your a versital player. I currently use a crappy amp but I've played this thing through both a Spider 2 and a Peavey 5150 and the guitar sounded great. I'm a fan of string-thru guitars and the sound they produce, and this guitar produces it wonderfully. I'd rather see some EMG pups in it, which I plan on changing eventually, but these Duncan Design pups are not bad like I was afraid they'd be. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up great. Flawless finish. My only problem was a scratch on the plastic plate covering the electronics in the back. The shop guy said I could replace that for 10 bucks but I didn't and I don't really have a problem with it. The guitar feels like it's worth a thousand bucks, honestly. It felt a lot nicer then 800 dollar ESP, Ibanez, or Jacksons I've played. This guitar just felt perfect in my hand. Flawless Korean manufacturing. I only had one issue and this was with the tone-pros bridge (and the only reason I didn't give it a 10). When I got the guitar I immedialty installed Erine Ball Power Purples, and not to long after playing the top string kept on falling off the bridge. It was a simple fix however, just filed the little groove where your string is supposed to lay and I haven't had any problesm with it since. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This thing is bulit like a tank. I would trust it, but only keep a backup incase I snap a string (although I havne't done it with this guitar), but it's filled with great equipment. The strap buttons weren't super, but I replaced them with duncan strap locks and haven't had an issue at all. // 10

Overall Impression: It earns a 10 just because it's a great bang for the buck. I was playing a lot of 800 dollar guitars and then I happened to try this thing out and it was just heaven. It has the feel of a more expensive guitar. You don't get great pickups, but with the extra money I saved I plan on buying myself some. It's great for almost any style of music you like with the pickups that come with it, and you can put your own pups in if you aren't happy with the ones you have now and it's an amazing guitar. I've been playing for a year and was in dire need of a new guitar, and I couldn't be happier with the choice I made in buying a Schecter C1 Plus. // 10

C-1 Plus Reviewed by: Skynyrd890, on december 01, 2008

Features: I'll start by saying this guitar has some of the best features you will get for a $600 guitar. Coil Tap, excellent Duncan Design pickups, 24 frets, Grover tuners, 2 Volumes and a tone knob, and a Tune-O-Matic String thru bridge. The neck is mahogany with a 24.75" scale, 24 frets, awesome "Vector" inlays, and a rosewood fretboard. The body is mahogany with a flame maple top. It's also a set-neck, so it has amazing upper fret access. // 10

Sound: It sounds amazing. the Duncan Design pickups sound great with a lot of distortion (not the hottest output, but they do real well in a metal setting), and they are very thick and full on cleans, but, thanks to the coil tap, can be very bright, making this a very versatile guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is just a little bit high for my taste, but that'll be fixed. otherwise, it's been setup up from the factory very nicely. the finish is beautiful. it is flawless, deep, and smooth. The knobs a Switch feel very solid. I give it a 9 since the action was a little high for my taste. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I haven't had this guitar for more than 2 days, so I can't speak for it's reliability, but I can honestly say I think this will last me a long time. It feels great, has an awesome finish, and sounds amazing. From everything I've heard, it's very reliable and long-lasting. We'll find out... hope it's true... // 10

Overall Impression: I play a lot of different things from Skynyrd to Pantera to RHCP, and it does them all very well. It plays better than any other guitar I have played including Gibsons, Fenders, Ibanez's, and PRS's. I honestly can say this is the best guitar for the money imo, and of all the guitars I have played, it's the best playing one. $600, it's well worth it. // 10

C-1 Plus Reviewed by: Guitarmaster94, on april 18, 2007

Sound: About 2 months ago I was wanting to get a Schecter Damian for my second guitar, after playing the Damian I saw the C-1 plus and decided to play it too, and it just blew me away, it has a crystal clear tone but it can also scream, leaving it perfect for metal. You can't really tell by the picture but it is really a piece of art (I got the black-cherry finish). So I would highly recommend this for your next guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The Schecter C-1 Plus Electric Guitar is a stunning flamed maple beauty that's appointed with chrome hardware, Grover machines, a maple set neck with fast rosewood fretboard and 24 jumbo frets! It screams out metal like you'd never believe. This guitar's chrome hardware is amazing, as it gives you the appearence you wouldn't believe. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It has a set neck that allows easy access to all the frets. The neck construction is similar to that of a high end Gibson, very comfortable to play. I was originally going to hot-rod this guitar with EMG's but the Seymore Duncans that came in it sound amazing so I decided to leave it as is. It also has a really cool coil tap so you can get that single coil sound if you want. This an extremely capable instrument and I highly recommend it for any guitar player. // 9

Overall Impression: This is my second guitar in my collection. I have been playing only 2 years. I have never grabbed another guitar that truly fits like a glove. I have no problem fretting or barre cording with this guitar as I have with my Fender Strat. This guitar is night and day quiet compared to my Fender. The finish is beautiful and the pictures do not do it justice. This guitar can make almost any sound you are after. I play with a Line 6 Spider III 75 watt amp. The only problem I have had is the push/pull knob completely fell out, however the guy's stood behind the product and made it right. The only thing missing is a whammy bar. // 9

C-1 Plus Reviewed by: diskothek, on august 28, 2012

Features: - 2008 Birth year, made in South Korea. - 24 Jumbo frets on a Mahogany neck with nice pearl and abalone inlays - Mahogany body with a glossy Black Cherry finish and set-in neck - String-thru body TonePros fixed bridge - Passive Duncan Designed HB-102 Humbuckers at the bridge and neck positions - Volume knobs for each pickup and 1 tone knob, also a 3-way selector and pull/push coil tap in the volume knob - Grover tuners. // 8

Sound: I play several styles of metal but this guitar is more geared toward a bluesy full sound for classic and hard rock (think Boston, Foreigner, AC/DC, etc.). But with the right amp you can play as heavy as you like. At home I use a Marshall MG15CDR and play along with Megadeth just fine even with the built in distortion in that amp. The neck pickup gives a great full-bodied sound for strumming chords. The bridge kicks up the treble nicely while keeping the body intact. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I got this guitar in a trade and the previous owner took very good care of it, it is more or less factory-new. Pickups look seated slightly low but it doesn't affect the sound from what I hear. The action is very nice all around with just a little buzz around the 3rd fret of the 5th string which I'm sure I can work out. The finish is shiny and the Black Cherry color is really nice looking on it. I've never been a huge fan of the toggle pickup selector (prefer the lever myself) but there is no noise from switching positions and hopefully it will win me over in time. All the hardware is nice and tight fitting, no loose controls that I can find. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I look forward to hopefully getting back into a band to show this off on stage. The quality of this guitar appears to be top-notch for its price range. As I said in the opening, this is a 2008 guitar coming from the home of a loving owner and it looks brand-new, I have no doubt about it holding up over time. // 9

Overall Impression: For my style of music (metal) I love everything about this guitar except for the pickups. I have a Dimebucker in an old guitar somewhere which I will probably swap into the bridge position of this guitar so I can get the crunch I'm after. Other than that it is a dream to play. I traded my long stand-by Jackson DKMG after I just had enough of messing with the Floyd Rose bridge. I like to play along to bands in tunings from B to standard and switching between sessions was just too much of a hassle. This guitar plays just as well as the Jackson and actually accessing the higher frets is easier on the Schecter thanks to the set-in versus bolt-on neck. That and the scale is slightly smaller which being a short dude myself is a benefit. When playing along to some songs I caught myself moving too far to change positions since I was so used to the larger scale of the Jackson. I look forward to giving this sweet guitar some good use for many years. // 9

C-1 Plus Reviewed by: scarsonyourego, on september 17, 2003

Features: My Schecter C-1 Plus(+) is a 2003 model straight from the box. 24 frets, set neck, volume, distortion knob, and mild tuning knob, 3-way selector, yadda, yadda. All the essentials a a little more. Mahagony wood, mine is a Vintage sunburst (gorgeous I must say). Jumbo frets, maple or rosewood scale, not sure which. I was a little un-imprerssed that it did not come with a bag, but I threatened to not buy it and I got a free gig bag, but not a free case. I think it could have come with a few more extra additions, but the guiatr alone has everything a guitar alone needs. But you don't get anything but the guitar. // 8

Sound: I play lead, and this guitar can pump out a beautiful solo. My amp has 32 amp models, normally I stick, with Line 6 clean (which is no doubt a clean undistorted sound) with a pinch of reverb and quarter-second delay. It has a rich , bright sound right at first but it smoothes out making a great noise. maybe its my style of playing, but it very good(4), even compared to my friends Gibson. Since it has the 3-way Switch and the dist. knob, it is very easy to Switch in and out of up to 6 sounds without missing a beat. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought this guitar right as the shipment came into guitar center in Shermann Oaks, CA. So I got it straight formt eh box without even a finger-print. I was very pleased, and there were no tracings of marks, dents, scratches or any other surface damages. Everything came in order, no loose screws or anything. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can and does withstand live playing. I have been playing this guitar for one month for about 2-3 hours a day and nothing has come close to wearing or tearing. I am in love with this finish and no matter how many times I hit the fretboard or the frets, nothing ever looks out of shape. This guitar is alos very comfortable to play standing up or sitting. But that is the way of the Strat, not just this guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: I generally play metallic solos, reverbious solos. I love the sound of a pretty solo. And this guitar can do them amazingly. I have been playing guitar for 6 years, but only started truly playing about a year and a half. I also own a POS Hamar Slammer, but its an antique and I really can't rip on it because it is in pretty good shape for being six years old. I got a job at Magic mountain with the intent of buying thes exact guitar. Of course I did my homework on finding just the right guitar for me in the $500-$700 range. Can't say this guitar has any negative qualities. I would suggest this Strat to those who like high-line schecters. It isn't a $1500 Gibson, but it performs better then the 600$ Gibson that I compared it to. It really depends on what kind of guitar you are looking for. You can't just check the rating and know this guitar is for you. Which makes these ratings kind of pointless because a guitar is a very personal and opinionated thing. // 10

C-1 Plus Reviewed by: SwimMetallica, on january 26, 2004

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Features: This is a 2002 Schecter C1+. I've had this guitar for a little over 2 years. It has 24 frets with Duncan Designed Pickups with an amazing finish and sweet inlays. The 24 extra jumbo frets are a great fit. The finish is a beautiful flamed maple see thru black cherry. String thru body with a tail piece. If you want some Floyd Rose, Schecter used to make C1+ model with one. // 8

Sound: I play Metal, Rock, Classic Rock, and some Blues. Don't let the pickups fool you, they give you great versatility. You can get a good tone to play almost anything, you just have to play with which pickups to use. I dont use any pedals or effects, it goes straight to my amp, and it fires on all levels. Clean, Distorted, Overdrive, anything goes. My only dislike is that you cant really get very good harmonics, but the versatility makes up for it. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar is a neck-thru design, the pickups are a little high, but that hasn't been a problem at all. It plays great, I use .11-.52 strings on it and it still has nice action. And with Regular Slinkys... the action is as good as any Fender or Gibson that you would pay 200-1500 dollars more for. // 10

Reliability & Durability: No flaws when I got it, still no flaws, and its played heavily. This thing has gone through several gigs and it shows no sign of letting up. The beautiful finish is still just as bright and glossy once you wipe off the sweat. Strap buttons are great, never had a problem. I can always depend on this guitar, I always will. I have used this guitar without a backup, but lets be for real. If you can play with a back up, DO IT!! You never know when a string will snap or something crazy like that. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a wide range of tones and this guitar meets all of them. Ive been playing for 5 years, and have had this one for a little over 2 years and I'm not looking to purchase a replacement any time soon. The Value Is Incredable! The only shame is that there aren't a whole lot of Schecter Dealers, but with guitars like this, they will spread. If you have an opportunity to get your hands on of these, don't pass it up. If it were lost, I'd get another. They were redesigned for 2003. I haven't played an 03, but I'm sure it can only get better. I love the look, I love the sounds, I Love This Thing Baby!! This thing goes beyond Ibanez and competes with all ESPs. I was looking at this guitar, an ESP H-400, EX-350, Epi Les Paul, and a Fender Strat when I was in the market, and I don't regret my choice a bit. // 10

C-1 Plus Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 22, 2004

Features: Firs at off this is a great guitar. I got it in mid 2002 when I was looking for a PRS and was really impresed by not only the way it looks but on how well it played. The guitar is made in Korea and they did a great job with it the 24 frets and the Vector inlays make this guitar look more expensive than it is. Schecter really put some time into this guitar the string thru body desing really helps the resonation of the guitar. One thing is I didnt like the sound of the pick ups and after a couple of months my neck pick up decided it didn't want to work any more (I never used it) so I went with a set of emg 81/85 and now the guitar screams. The grover tuners were an added plus on this guitar. // 10

Sound: Playing mostley alt. modern rock with a hint of metal this guiar is perfect it has a really good clean sound to it even with the stock pick ups. When you kick in some distortion the sound was still good and clean but a little on the fuzzy side. I run it thru a Marshall MF 350 and an army of effects peadles that are all run into my loop. The guitar is quiet and with a little ajustment playes like a dream. I like a clean jazzy sound and get it with out any problems at all. This guitar can make any sound you want it to has great harmonics stays in tune well and has been greatly abused and still works like a dream. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got this guitar the action was set up great but with a little shop work it playes even better. The pick up hight was really good and needed no ajustment. The body is a big plus its always shineing is light and fits very well. the waight distrabution is also good compared to some of the other schecters that I own (I have 5 and this one is my main guitar) over the last 3 years their has been some rust on the pick up mounting plats but they are easy to remove over all its a dream guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is very reliable I've been useing it with my band for the last 3 years out on tour playing 4 times a week going to different town and so on. it with out a dought gets a 5. The hardware on it is ok but like I said I upgraded most of it. This is my main guitar and I play it out all the time with out a back up I dont feal the need for it 5 stars. // 10

Overall Impression: The overall looks feal and playabilioty of this guitar should make it a favorite for any one looking for a good playing guitar. The price is reasonable. The guitar has been with me all over the country and over seas. If any thing happened to this guitar I would be hart broken. The things I would change about it on the stock modles put in better pick ups eather emg of reall duncans more like the C1's change the knobs so that the closer knob is the bridge volume control and better electronics other than that the guitar is a dream come true, putting this guitar up agains PRS and Gibson and this one comeing out on top makes it all the better. Check me and my Schecter out on stage at www.s-o-n-a-r.com an you will be able to tell for your self. // 10

C-1 Plus Reviewed by: Schecter1277, on december 05, 2006

Features: Let me say I've had this guitar for over a year and we've been through a lot together. The guitar has a thin neck for fast play and two humbuckers that seem to be able to straddle the fence really well between clean and distortion, though I wouldn't call it a metal guitar it does make a good jazz/blues guitar. It has a resonance that will go on for hours. It is also known to be able to be downtuned with little fret buzz. It is a thru body Tune-O-matic bridge. It has grover tuners and Duncan Designed humbuckers, which really don't make much difference from the classic.(I've played both). The guitar is made in Korea, but honestly the company does a lot better on quality control than most companies that make them in america, not mentioning Gibson's name. The Tuners are Grover, and the guitar stays pretty well in tune even with large bends. One thing I did notice about the guitar was when you first put the strings on, it takes a week or two for the strings to go fully taught and so you get a lot of string buzz when you put fresh strings on, I use .09 gauge. The guitar also has another nifty feature which splits the humbucker into a single coil for a nice clean single coil sound, it also doesn't have much feedback when like that, so it's the best of both worlds. They really put a lot of thought into this guitar. // 10

Sound: The guitar has a thru body neck with a solid piece of mahogony so it has a long resonance with a warm tone. Not really suited for your screaming solos, however it makes a great jazz/blues guitar. The pickups have a lot of punch to them as well, which remindes me of an SG, but of course not quite that much. It takes practice to pick it softley. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I also own a PRS CE 24 and playing it and this I honestly cannot tell a difference in the quality of the guitar and the action of either. The guitar is made in Korea yet contains no flaws, nothing is wrong with the hardware, it is all made very well. Flawless guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The guitar is definitly a gig guitar, I've banged the thing once on hard tile floor and rammed it into walls a few times and the finish has stayed true. The hardware is there to last, everything is solid on this guitar. I have yet to buy a solid case and carry it around in a gig bag still, and on the road and everything this guitar stays solid. I gave it a 9 because I have yet to dump the thing in the pool or spill beer on it, so I can't give it that yet. // 9

Overall Impression: I have played everything from blues, to classic rock, to heavy metal, to metal on this guitar and it's played them all and matched so many tones. The guitar has a nice warm sound and nice punchy pickups that allow it to really explore a world of tones and gives it a Harmony that few guitars have matched. It's a little on the heavy side since it's solid wood, but no Les Paul. I would definitly give this guitar a 10 because I love this thing. // 10

C-1 Plus Reviewed by: theRedSpecial, on december 29, 2006

Features: Made in Korea, 2006, 24 jumbo frets, maple neck, mahogany body, flamed top (black cherry which is one of the coolest finishes Schecter makes), two volume, 1 tone, and the coil tap that controls the humbucker farthest away from the neck for a more metal sound. Duncan pickups (always good, comes Standard with the guitar). Grover tuners (very nice, I did read what other people said about not holding tune but mine seems to hold just fine). When shipped, my guitar came with tools and a cable. Here's the thing about the coil tap- basically, the third volume control is the coil tap on the guitar. By pulling it, you make the guitar play like a single coil pickup. If you push it down, it turns into humbucking. So the difference can be exemplified as a [single coil on coil tap] jazz/blues sound vs. (humbucking, coil tab pushed down) hard rock/metal sound. This was one of the main reasons I purchased the C1-Plus. Also, I read on a here that someone's guitar was factory tested or soemthing. Mine also had the sticker on the back that is signed in Sharpie saying that it was indeed played and tested before being shipped. Since Schecter is a smaller guitar company, I think they can afford this time more than other brands can. // 9

Sound: The C1-Plus will play all different styles of music. From my research, Schecter peddles more to the hard rock genre but with the coil tap and setting it to the neck humbucker (which actually means the coil tab is playing as a single coil pickup, like a Stratocaster), you can get the nice sound of blues coming from your guitar. Obviously the amp affects the sound but the guitar can scream, give you the full rich sound and Switch over to the bright jazzy sound. A lot of versatility, great reason to buy this guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Honestly, everything about this guitar is great. I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on all of this but I have had no problems-only thing is, if you are really tough on the finish without a pickguard, you might need to make a custom one for your C1-Plus or keep a good stock of polish available because it does not have a pickguard. No problem for me as I am not the type to force the pick down like that. Only on my acoustic. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will definitely withstand live playing, will definitely last, strap buttons are solid, I would gig without a backup (also because it's my only electric now lol). Finish is good to last. If you buy this guitar you will have it for many years to come. // 10

Overall Impression: Let me put this out there because, if you have not bought this guitar yet and are reading these reviews on Ultimate-guitar trying to decide if you should buy, I'll share my experience with you. Right now, it is December 28th, 2006. I started searching for a guitar two months ago at the end of October 06/beginning of November. I was going to go with a Stratocaster until I heard about the Schecter brand. With the coil tap (which I've already talked about to great length) you can sound like a Stratocaster and then switch over to a heavy metal/hard rock sound. Exactly one month ago, I was on this very review page, soaking up the other reviews for this guitar and trying to see if I should buy a C1-Plus. Take what everyone says with a grain of salt. Some guitars have defects that are not common through a whole brand (like a guy Who says his doesn't hold tune very well.) I'm not attacking him, simply stating it is possible for any guitar to have a mistake on it. So while someone's guitar of the same brand might have a loose cable input, that doesn't mean yours will. After reading the positive reviews from Ultimate-guitar on the Schecter C1-Plus, I went to the Schecter guitars website, found a local dealer, and ordered the C1-Plus (after extensively grilling the owner about the guitar. This was not a purchase that I took lightly if you can't already tell). It is a great guitar for any level of guitar playing. I am so happy that I ordered this guitar, it is a great purchase. For any style of music, it is a good match. I would have to buy this guitar again if it were stolen. I love everything about it, do not hate a thing, it is honestly the best electric I've ever owned. I chose this guitar because of it's versatility to be able to Switch from blues to metal with the flick of a Switch (literally), positive reviews from this website, and many people telling me they liked the Schecter brand. // 10

C-1 Plus Reviewed by: ItDiesToday321, on august 21, 2007

Features: This guitar was made in Korea. I heard it was made in the same factory as ESP guitars. It has 24 extra-jumbo frets. The body and neck is maple. The neck isn't the normal bolt-on. It's a set-in neck which gives an amazing amount of sustain. I recommend replacing the stock pickups either for EMGs or Duncans depending on your style. The stock pickups were great jazz pickups though. It has 2 volumes and a tone knob. It is also a string thru body which gives even more sustain. // 9

Sound: After changing the pickups this thing matches my style (metal) perfectly. When I was shopping for a guitar I played on a Jackson guitar before I played this and I was set on getting the Jackson until I saw this on the wall. I grabbed it and started playing it and I immediately knew that this was my next guitar. It had a ton of sustain, wasn't noisy at all, and it was extremely easy to play. Now I play this with a 6505 and it is the perfect combination for me. It isn't really noisy at all. It has a very full sound to it. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: It was set up pretty well from the factory. I didn't have to do too much adjusting to the action. The pickup selector was a little noisy when switching pickups but that was the only problem that I can remember. The bridge was routed fine. It was pretty easy to adjust. The knobs make some noise sometimes but it's not really a problem. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will definitely withstand almost anything.The finish is surprisingly resistant to scratches and other things that other guitars seem to get on them. It seems like every part on the guitar will last for a while. I feel like I could gig without a back up with this guitar. The strap buttons are very sturdy. // 10

Overall Impression: I play metal and I love this guitar with aftermarket pickups. I have been playing for 2 1/2 years and I own a Peavey 6505 Head and a Marshall 1960a cabinet. I need to fix some wiring problems with mine but that is the only problem mine has. It sounds amazing. My favorite thing about this guitar is how easy you can play leads on it. Your fingers just glide across the fretboard. I wish this guitar had EMGs or real Duncans stock but that's just me nitpicking. Overall this is a great guitar. // 9

C-1 Plus Reviewed by: blackgrunge, on november 30, 2007

Purchased from: Maxwell Music

Features: 24 jumbo frets, solid body, 1/8 maple top, rose wood fretboard, natural flame maple finish, thru-body bridge, twin ducan design humbuckers, 3-way Switch and grover tuners what more can you ask for. This guitar was my first and I've been playing for 4 years now and I can say that I couldn't possibly ask for anymore from this guitar. It has beautiful tone and has all the hardware and features that you'll ever need. This guitar was based off of the PRS guitars and I can say they didn't do a bad job at all. The only thing that I would've change had I had the chance would have been the bridge pickup, it's a little muddy but I'm picky and that's what you get with a Standard guitar. // 9

Sound: I play in a rock band but we do a lot of pieces using the clean channel and this guitar's naturally sound blows any other's (in the same price range; ]) out of the water. The jumbo frets make playing effortless and the one piece neck carries the sound beautifully through the guitar. But the guitar isn't ment to be wailed on, I guess I've done it no justice playing Amon Amarth and All That Remains on it, if your looking for a heavy metal guitar go buy a Gibson X-Plorer but if your into Lifehouse, Fuel or Breaking Benjamin then I suggest you buy this because there's really no going wrong with a Schecter // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I've had the guitar for 4 years now and I have to say the guitar has been in perfect shape the whole time. No rusted hardware, no cracked finish, nothing. The only thing that I have to say is, with all Schecter Guitars I've seen was the bridge appears to be put on backwards but that's actually the way it's supposed to be put on so you can take that for what it's worth. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've played in my high school band and on stage with my band and it's been fantastic but the only thing I recommend is getting strap locks because you don't want to drop this guitar. I dropped it about a year after I got it on a hardware floor from about 4 ft off the ground and since the cable jack tends to cut out on my but I've gone in and looked and I no that a wire came loose and I soldered it back on so now everything has been fine and all the time I've been playing I've never had a back-up guitar and this one has been fine. And one more piece of advice, please don't wear a jacket or belt when playing it scratches the finish on the back. // 9

Overall Impression: I play this guitar on a Marshal 100HDFX stack and those two are a match made in heaven I've played on all sorts of other amps and what not but nothing else captures the true potential of this guitar like a Marshall amp. If this guitar was stolen I would probably cry for about 3 months and save up to get a PRS or the Gibson X-Plorer because I played hard rock and metal and now 4 years down the road my tastes have change. But If your a beginner or even an intermediate player I recommend this guitar if it fits your style because it doesn't get much better than this. // 9

C-1 Plus Reviewed by: -Blue-, on november 03, 2008

Purchased from: DCGL

Features: I got this guitar in September 2008, and I'm not sure when it was made (probably '08 or '07, though). You probably know the features: 24 frets, 2 volume knob, 1 tone knob, Tune-o-matic bridge, all that stuff. Pickups are duncan designed with coil-split implemented in the tone knob. It has a 3-way pickup selector, also. // 9

Sound: Don't let the fact that the pickups are only Duncan "designed" put you off of this guitar. The neck pickup gets a great blues sound (and can be coil-split), and I like the sound of the bridge pickup for metal. I'm playing it through a Crate V33-212 and it sounds great (I use a Boss DS-1 for distorion, though, because that amp can't do that well on it's own.) Sounds great with all settings I've tried. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got it in the mail, the action was a little low (frets buzzed), but I raised it a little bit to fix the buzz and it's still very comfortable! The pickups are at a perfect height, the frets have no sharp edges, the finish is AMAZING (I got it in Tribal Amber, I think it was a very limited run).Overall, it just feels great to play. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar could definitely withstand Live playing. The hardware's good and it seems dependable. I haven; t put straplocks on it because the strap buttons seem very secure. I would use it at a gig without a backup because I have had no problems at all with it so far. I've been to friend's houses numerous times to jam and it's still perfect (I baby it, though. Can anyone really blame me? ) The finish seems like it will last a long time. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock and metal mainly, but I like to improvise blues a lot. This guitar is great for all of it. I've only been playing 1 1/2 years, but I can tell this guitar is worth the money I paid and more. My other gear is a Squier Strat, a Crate V33-212, a Fender Frontman 15G, and a Boss DS-1. It's a big upgrade from the Strat, and plays awesome through everything else. If this were stolen, I would beat the living **** out of the person Who took it, but if I couldn't get it back, I would buy another as soon as I had the money to. I compared it to the Tempest Custom and some Epiphone Les Pauls and SG's. This guitar won by a lot. // 10

C-1 Plus Reviewed by: Lancelundy, on january 19, 2009

Purchased from: Roseville Music Center

Features: This is a beautiful 2005 Made in Korea Schecter C1 Plus. This is a Solid Mahogony guitar with a Flamed Maple top and a body style similar to a Strat with a string through body. There is a tune-o-matic bridge and Grover tuners, two features that keep the guitar in tune no matter what you do! There's a beautiful Blue finish on mine with a transparent finish that really shows the beautiful flamed maple top and the nice Mahogony body with a set neck. The only downfall is the pickups, there passive and pretty weak Duncah Designs. I had no problem putting a EMG81 in the bridge. // 9

Sound: It sounds great. Very accurate setup out of the factory and still can be setup perfectly. Again, weak pickups, but at that price you can not complain. I've run it through Mesa, Peavey, Bogner tube amps and it sounded good. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Beautiful setup. The 24 Frets at 24.75 scale is tough to find and this guitar is a dream to play. No problems at all other then 2 routine setups between the day I got it and today. I had to refit the nut when I started using larger strings, but that will happen no matter what guitar, and I had no problems doing it. Everything was flawless out of the factory. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Never had a problem. Used Live and toured with. I once'd over everything when I did the pickup change and everything looked great. Ended up going with Strap Locks. I have almost abused the guitar and given her a few bumps and bruises, but she still plays like a dream // 10

Overall Impression: I love this guitar. Love it much more then any other Guitars in this price range. Put EMG, Duncan, on any other high end pickups in this guitar and it's a 1000$ guitar to me. // 10

C-1 Plus Reviewed by: jnabozny, on march 25, 2010

Features: The guitar was made in korea, and judging from the other reviews, it was made in the same factory as ESP guitars(which is a good thing I suppose). It's got 24 frets, a wide easily playable neck made of maple or rosewood. It's got a gorgeous finish, three vol/vol/tone knobs, the tone knob can be pulled up to disable the lower pick up as well. The finish on mine is a dark red with a wicked sunburst kind of effect to it. The neck is wide, I guess like a high end gibson. Only real downside to this guitar is that it lacks a floyd rose, but aside from that it's fantastic. It has a 3 way selector as well for bridge and neck pickups. The pick ups on mine are duncans, which in my opinion sound great for anything. // 8

Sound: It suits my style great; I play metal and rock, also some occaisonal clean and jazzy stuff as well and it all sounds great. I use a spider III 75 watt, which goes great with the guitar, since it's so versatile for so many different sounds. It's got a super rich and full sound, its got great variety. Like I said I play different stuff and it all sounds great. Mine has Seymour Duncan pick ups, which I've heard are OK, but in my opinion they are fantastic because the guitar has great sustain and sounds good. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is super low, awesome for lead and shredding. Pick ups are adjusted in a normal fashion pretty much, a neck and bridge pick up. The guitar was in great condition when I bought it about 3-4 years ago. My only regret is that I wish I had taken a little better care of it, not letting some people play it because it has been dropped a couple of times. Aside from that there are only a few minor scratches and it hasn't had any issues playing. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It will definitely withstand live playing. I jam out with friends time to time and it has been reliable always. It is a hell of a well made looking guitar, solid body, built in body neck, solid body strings. The strap buttons are mediocre, I have problems with my strap slipping off the back button but aside from that they are solid. I recommend getting locking strap buttons for this guitar. Over all, this guitar will last you a long time if you take care of it, and is a great guitar for live shows. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock and metal. It's a perfect match. I've been playing for about 3-4 years, and I've got a spider III amp and a DigiTech RP1000 processor along with it. If this guitar was stolen I would only buy a different one because it was expensive and I can't afford another 600 dollar guitar right now. My favorite thing about this guitar is that it is reliable, gorgeous, and versatile. I recommend it if you play rock or metal. In hindsight, I'm glad I got this guitar over a mid end Ibanez with a Floyd Rose because the Schecter is more versatile. If you want a good bang for your buck, get this guitar. You don't need to spend 1000+ on some Gibson or ESP, really you can just get this and if you want change the duncans to EMG's, whatever your taste is. // 9

C-1 Plus Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 13, 2010

Features: You all know the specs from previous reviews, so I'll save everyone so time. Coil tap is very nice. 24 Frets isn't necessary, but more to play around with, why not? Kinda Heavy, but not too bad. 3 way selector switch. the PUPS are "Duncan Designed" but don't by fooled my name, these PUPS aren't bad. Though Mine are semi worn out..I've had the same ones for almost 1.5 years w/o doing anything. The clean tone is a bit muddy w/o coil tapping it. With the Coil Tap, its nice and crisp. // 10

Sound: This guitar is so versatile. I play anything from Stevie Ray Vaughn to Brad Paisley to Five Finger Death Punch, and this guitar rocks 'em all. The X-Jumbo frets are great. The high notes come much easier. Pull the coil tap for a nice lighter, less loud Strat style clean tone. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The Action is LOW. I mean, no buzz, real deal, LOW. Easy to play..your fingers glide down the neck smooth as butter. And the guitars finish....sexy. Its a sexy guitar. The ONLY and I mean ONLY issue with this is the semi cheap-selector switch. But that's nitpicking. And easily fixable. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Everything is nice and solid. I'd gig w/o a backup. The finish is tough...Mine had something fall on it between playing at a show, and it chipped almost a quarter inch, still barley noticeable. No wood or anything else showing. It comes in black cherry, brown sunburst (mine) and honey burst. You can strum this thing as hard as you want, and nothing will go bad. It can take a bruising..but I'd never hurt it. // 10

Overall Impression: I got this for my birthday/Christmas present, along with an amp, and I was blown away. If it were stolen, I'd find the guy who did it, and I would leave them bloody and naked in a parking lot. No flaws whatsoever. Its just Great. An Incredible buy for cheap. Great ax. // 10

C-1 Plus Reviewed by: timelessforever, on february 09, 2011

Price paid: C$ 400

Purchased from: Saddles and Steel Music

Features: This particular guitar was a majr upgrade from my old model. My older guitar was an Epiphone les paul, but this guitar plays much better. I'm not sure of the year, but I know that it was made in Korea. It has 24 frets with a solid top. It's nothing special, there aren't too many extras. The pick ups on this guitar are seymour duncans, which give out an amazing sound. // 9

Sound: It suits my playing style to a T. I'm in a metalcore band which plays some super heavy riffs while also cranking out the clean son, and this guitar delivers. I currently use a Peavey Rage 158 Practice amp, and I use a DigiTech df-7 distortion factory and a metal muff pedal with it. It cranks out an amzing clean tone while also delivering crunchy distortion suited for any metal player. This guitar will give you anything from a jazzy tone to the hardest death metal out there. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything in this guitar(assuming it was all factory, I bought it used)is of amazing quality. It looked almost as if it had never been touched when I bought it, and plays like it was right off the assembly line. There's nothing I would change about any aspect of this guitar. It was obvioulsy bult for performance and that's exactly what t delivers. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I think that this guitar will withstan a lot of use. Being in a band, we do a lot of live playing and just jamming. This guita has already seen more use than it has probably ever seen before, and it's holding up great. Everything seemspretty solid, and I would be 100% confident playing this guitar at a concert without a back-up and knowing that she'll hold up! // 10

Overall Impression: PLaying metal, this is an amazing gitar, the clean tone and the distorted tone that you can get out of this guitar absolutely floors me! I've been playing for 10 years, and this is definately what I've been looking for in a guitar all along. If I lost this guitar I would get the same guitar with all of the same features. There is nothing I would change about this guitar. The best thing about this guitar is that it has amazing action, beautiful tone, and it only cost me $400! I am impressed beyond belief with this guitar! // 9

C-1 Plus Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 22, 2011

Purchased from: private party ebay

Features: Mine is a 2005 Korean model. It has all the Standard features; mahogany body, jumbo rosewood fret, flame top, Strat style, Bride is Tune-O-Matic, with Duncan Designed pickups. 3-way selector switch, 2 volume, 1 tone that is also the coil tap. Grover tuners, string thru body. // 10

Sound: It sounds great to me. I'm a beginning (very) rock/blues/jazz player. I started out on a Ibanez RG series back in May, bought a C-1 Blackjack FR in June, and this one just yesterday. I find it has enough versatility for anything I'm interested in playing. I use a Fender Mustang II; not top of the line, but good enough for my purposes, which is a decent practice amp with some modeling variety. The guitar, as I said, sounds wonderful. The Blackjack has actual Seymour Duncans (JB/59), and honestly, I think the Plus sounds fuller, sounds cleaner on clean, and crunchy on crunch. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't know about original setup, as I bought it used. The action was fine for me. First thing I did was restring it with 10-46 strings, tune it up, and I was off and running. At first it seemed the intonation was off, but that was remedied with the new strings. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I can't speak to this, as I've had it less than a day. It does seem hecka solid, and I intend this to be my main guitar. I don't anticipate a problem at all. But not knowing, I'll give it an 8 for right now. I'll say this; I bought the Blackjack as a clearance item from GC, and it had been beat to heck, but it still fired up and played just fine. So if it will handle endless 13-year-olds' attacks, I guess it can handle anything. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar is a good match for the style of music I'm interested in playing. I'm not much into nu metal. Like some older stuff like Black Sabbath, and Blue Oyster Cult (hey, I'm over 50), and blues and jazz. Don't see any problem approaching those styles with this guitar. I'd probably buy it again if lost or stolen. I like the C-1 series, and was looking for a non-tremolo guitar. This one came along at the right time and price. I have the Vintage sunburst finish; very attractive guitar. I didn't want to spend more than $300, and this was the best I saw offered in the price range. There is a lot of discussion about the pickups sucking, but thusfar, I like them. As I said, my Blackjack has Seymour Duncan's, and right now, I find I prefer the sound of the Duncan Designed. Of course, I've only been playing about 5 months, so what do I know other than what sounds good to me? At the end of the day, that's what you have to go with. I wasn't nervous about buying this without playing first. I've played other Schecter C-1 series, and found them to be easy, comfortable, good-sounding guitars. Guess that's it. Had to take a little break from practice to submit this review! // 10

C-1 Plus Reviewed by: saintzband, on august 29, 2011

Purchased from: eBay - used

Features: Here's what I love about this axe: if I were to deasign a guitar, how would I build it it? I'd start with a strat-style body but used maple over mahogany... And I'd carve the maple top. I'd use a neck through the body design for solid sustain. I'd make it a 24 fretter for a little extra reach. I'd come up with a classy fretboard inlay rather than using plain dots. I'd use binding along the body and neck as a finishing touch. And I'd use quality pups and hardware. When finished, I'd value my masterpiece around $3000.00. Fortuately for me, Shecter has done this already for around $500.00. I've owned 2 C+'s over the years: one I bought brand new '01 and then I bought this one on eBay. They are fabulous instruments. // 10

Sound: I play Classic style rock - both covers and originals. This guitar is perhaps my most useful for versality with useable tone selection, great crunch, and no noise. I use a Mesa Nomad as my main amp and add a Bad Monkey stomp box and a DigiTech delay. This guitar soars with tone. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I'm no kid, over 50 years old and currently own many fine guitars: '08 PRS Custom 24 w/ bird inlays, '02 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus, '05 Gibson SG Supreme, '10 Gibson Les Paul Traditonal (my current fav), and a '93 Fender Strat Plus (U.S. Made). This inexpensive Shecter holds its own with all of them. It has ultra-fast action, the inlay and binding is solid and w/o chip-out. The frets are perfect and the Grover tuners do not slip (I have Grovers on all my Gibsons). // 10

Reliability & Durability: How does this axe stand up? As well as any other. This one is 8 years old and still rock-solid. Would I play it w/o a backup? No... B/c I NEVER play w/o a backup. Its not that I'l worried about the guitar failing, I just like a variety on the stage w/ me. Besides, you can't stop a show to restring should you break one, can you? // 10

Overall Impression: These are subjectively the best guitar value on the market and I've always been surprised that more people aren't hip to them. It's a shame that Schecter has discontinued this model - the current C-1 Standard that has replaced this model isn't quite as nice. If I could change anything on this axe, I'd give it an ebony fretboard (hey, I just like ebony fretboards...) and a whammy. BUT, the value to cost ratio is simply too high to make any substantial changes. Grab one on eBay: they're inexpensive and you'll be very pleasantly surprised by it's tone, playability, and overall craftsmanship. // 10

C-1 Plus Reviewed by: baldtat, on september 15, 2011

Purchased from: eBay

Features: 2005 Korean model that had all the standard features, mahogany body, rosewood fretboard, Strat body style, etc. Electronics upgraded to CTS 500k pots for the volume knobs, all new wiring, new Switchcraft input jack, and real Seymour Duncan JB/59 setup. Everything else is stock. // 10

Sound: Has enough versatility to play anything I'm interested in playing. Now has a terrific Rich/Full sound. After an amazing professional setup, annoying buzz is gone. With actual Duncan's, upgraded pots, and the coil tap feature, wide array of tones available // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I had thought the action was pretty low, but barre chords were still kicking my butt. Come to find out, there was still significant room for lowering action, and still keeping the balance between playability and tone. Originally, the bridge was installed backwards, and was reversed to proper position. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Strap button is a concern; but just keep an eye on it. Other than that, the hardware seems quite solid. They use pretty decent hardware to start with, though the same can't quite be said about the electronics. I can't rate these two features, as I've only had it a short time. // 8

Overall Impression: I play blues, jazz, and rock, and it will handle it all. Only been playing about 6 months. I have a Blackjack FR, and an Ibanez RGEX2 or something. The Ibanez sees virtually no playing time; the Blackjack occasional, and this is the one I play the most. I love the looks, the sound now that I changed the pickups. I just love my guitar; can hardly wait to practice now! // 10

C-1 Plus Reviewed by: JBJBJosh, on march 26, 2012

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: - Made in South Korea, finished in USA. - 24 frets, rosewood fingerboard - Solid maple body and neck, through neck - Strat body shape - Passive Seymour Duncan Duncan Designed HB-102b/HB-101n pickups - Volume, tone, 3 way selector, pull out tone - Grover tuners - Included a 90 Hiscox Hardcase // 9

Sound: This Guitar has a huge range of sound, from the distorted, and heavier Gibson Les Paul sound, to the jazz of a Fender Strat. It suits just about any playing style, and is a very good guitar for the all around player. I am using a Laney GC-120 amp, and a Boss ME-25 pedal with it, and they sound great together. The quality pickups create very little noise, but are sensitive, and produce a beautiful crisp full sound, which can be completely changed using the guitars in built settings. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought this guitar second hand but in perfect condition the action was a little high for me, but the Schecter's fantastic raised bridge meant that I literally had to turn two screws about half a turn before it was perfect for me. The pickups are a little high, and may need to be lowered slightly so that the strings do not touch them when you are resting your hand, but once again, this can be very easily adjusted. The general finish on this guitar was and still is superb, and couldn't be much better. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar was built to last, and its solid 3-pc through neck, and weight serve to prove this. The hardware is made of some sort of metal, and feel and look like they would take a beating to break. The strap buttons are considerably more hefty than any I have come across before. I could depend on it completely, and wouldn't feel like I needed a backup at all. The guitar has been in use for over 2 years now, and still doesn't have a scratch anywhere on it which goes beyond hairline. It seems to be very sturdy. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar is fantastic for it's midrange price, and its versatility is second to none. I would defiantly buy it again if it were to be lost or stolen as it suites me and my range of playing styles from John Mayer to Red Hot Chili Peppers to Metallica perfectly. I love it's looks, it's tone and it's playability, and can't think of any disappointing things about it! It replaced my old Yamaha Pacifica and has proved to be a huge upgrade, and well worth it's price. // 10

C-1 Plus Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 26, 2012

Price paid: C$ 360

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: It is a 2005 model and made in Korea (I think). It is a 24 fret, set-neck with jumbo mahogany freys and Vector inlays with a little bit of abalone. It has a blue, red and tobacco flame top (I have the blue top) with a tune-o-matic bridge with passive Seymour Duncan pickups with two volumes and a master tone with a three way pickup switch. It also has grover mini tuners so they stay in tune pretty nicely. It came with a hardshell case that fits any style of Schecter C-1, Ibanez RG and the like. // 9

Sound: I play in a Melodic Death Metal band and this guitar suites me perfectly. It has the tone and clarity I need for my drop and standard c tuning and can handle my rough style of playing like a boss. I currently us a Vintage Peavey 20 watt combo amp until I get my Marshall cab. It does have a flaw with the bridge pickup for my soloing, but it is a used guitar so I can't expect much. The cleans are a little muddy, but I make them work in the songs I write, especially with my echo pedal. The heavy tones I get through a DigiTech Death Metal pedal with is one of the best and heaviest tones I've every heard. I also use a Dunlop Crybaby Wah with the DM pedal and it sounds amazing with this guitar. The C-1 Plus also has a push-coil tap that splits the pickups to sound like a single coil pickup. Now for the style I play, I have really no need for that feature, but this guitar is made to play literally anything you wan from the softest country songs to the heaviest most brutalist death metal your can think of. Literally a guitar for everyone. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up perfectly and for bought off of eBay, fits me very well. It handles anything thrown at it with ease and more. There is not much else to say on this subject because I don't really adjust anything on any of my guitars, except for the pickups, but all I do is I lower the top end and raise the low end for tone purposes. There was nothing wrong with the guitar, except for a little tiny problem, sometimes when you switch the pickups with the pickup selector, the guitar cuts out, but it rarely happens and I did buy it off of eBay. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've played this guitar to a couple small gigs and it handles like a beast. All the hardware is still in tacked for how rough I am when I play live and hasn't let me down yet. I use Planet Waves Locking Starps instead of switching out the hardware, which I'm very picky about and the buttons are still in top notch shape. The finish has a little bit of scratches, not big enough to see, but all guitars end up with scratches sooner or later. // 10

Overall Impression: In the end, I absolutely love this guitar and if you are an active musician who is looking for a good guitar for a good price or a beginner looking for the perfect guitar, this one is for you. I own 5 guitars including a GK Warlock copy, a RG copy with a floyd rose floating bridge and custom air-brushed graphic, a ESP F100FM, a Ibanez Iceman 200 and the Schecter. And outta all of those guitars, Schecter wowed me without question. Pick one up today. Stay Evil! // 9

C-1 Plus Reviewed by: ferdius, on august 12, 2013

Purchased from: Pawn Shop

Features: I have just picked up a Schecter C-1 plus model from a pawn shop for %79.00. When I saw it hanging in the shop, I asked my wife if I was reading the price right, and sure enough I was. I checked it out using an amp in the store, beautiful neck, beautiful flame maple top, a few nicks on the back of the guitar, but otherwise in very good shape. Here are the details: 2004 model, made in Korea, Mahogony body with a flame maple top, black cherry color, 2 Duncan Designed Humbuckers, Grover Tuners, 3 piece mahogony neck and a Tone Pros bridge. This guitar does not coil tap so it is straight humbucker. Strings thru the body, a volume control for each humbucker and a master tone control. The strap buttons were replace with a eye hook ala Eddie Van Halen does. Came with a strap, cheap but it works. // 9

Sound: When I took the guitar home, I got to try it on my own amp, a Fender Champ 25 SE tube model, and realized I just made a great purchase. While the body shape is in the Strat style vein, the mahogany body and neck as well as the humbucking pickups end the similarities right there. I like classic rock, blues and poweer pop and this guitar can handle it all. To be fair, my other guitar is a Epiphone Special I with P90s and I love the sound of that guitar also. Rather than compete, the Schecter compliments my other guitar. The clean tone of this Schecter is impressive, just bright enough for great definition without getting brassy or nasally, with chords just ringing out. The pickups are Duncan Designed, and while not "Real Seymour Duncan Pickups," I am impressed with the sound of these pickups. I don't feel like I need to replace them as they sound great to me. Maybe I got lucky and these were made on a good day, I don't know, but they sound great to me. When I use pedals, a Boss DS1 or a Delta Labs Overdrive, I am in classic rock and power pop heaven. I am not a metal player so I really am not the person to say how this guitar would handle that sound, so I'm not going to even speculate. Some of the tone I have been able to get out of this guitar is in the vein of Thin Lizzy, UFO, Cheap Trick and others in that style. Being that the guitar is 9 years old, and has been used, I am going to have to clean the volume knob for the neck pickup as it can get a little scratchy when adjusting the volume, but I have had this happen on other guitars that I have had. Overall, I am very pleased with this guitars sound. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Being that I got this guitar used, there are some nicks on the back of the guitar, but the overall finish of the guitar is good. The flamed maple on the top of the guitar is beautiful. The neck is comfortable, and being bound, it is silky smooth, the frets just sit in perfectly. The balance of the guitar is good, not neck or body heavy, the strings line up perfectly with the pole pieces on the pickups. The strings are set up a little high, but that was more than likely done by the previous owner and I will adjust it to my liking. The tuners are Grovers, and the bridge is a Tone Pros model so I have no complaints. Overall, this guitar is put together solidly, as good as any I have played. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has more than likely seen it's share of live shows, and after having played it for a while, I would gig with this guitar without a backup. With names like Grover and Tone Pros, the hardware is top notch, and the guitar is just solid without any rattles or anything loose on it. The finish on the top of the guitar still shines, and while not "like new", it is still a beautiful guitar. I got this guitar for an insanely cheap price, and the guitar worked perfectly, the neck is straight without any problems. I came to find out that the guitar had been on layaway and the person never came to pay it off, so all I had to pay for was what was owed on the guitar, and the shop I bought it at made several efforts to contact the guy who had it on layaway so after 6 months, they put it out on sale, and I saw it, about an hour after putting it up for sale and now I own it. // 9

Overall Impression: I like to play classic rock, power pop and blues and this guitar fits in nicely. It's a nice contrast to my Epiphone Special I with P90s, (yes, a cheap guitar that sounds freaking awesome my friends) so both guitars will see some use, but to be honest this one will be my main guitar. If it were stolen, I would be hard pressed to replace this guitar, especially for what I got it for, so I would be pissed and wish all kinds of bad things on the person that stole it. But I would look for a replacement, especially this model. This is my first Schecter, and after owning it, I am a fan for life. This guitars overall quality ranks with anything, including standard Gibsons and Fenders. I also have an ESP LTD MV-100, and an Epiphone Special I with P90s as well as a Frankenstrat. I have owned Gibsons, Fenders, and Ibanez guitars and this ranks with all of them. As I have said, I have no complaints about the pickups, so I am planning to keep them, so overall, I am an extremely happy camper with this guitar, that's all I can ask for. // 10

More Schecter reviews rating category latest review
+ Omen-6 8.5 Electric Guitars 12/22/2014