C-1 SheDevil Review

7.3
reviews (4) pictures (2) 71 comments vote for this gear:
C-1 SheDevil Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 21, 2009

Purchased from: ebay

Features: It was made in south Korea. Features 24 Jumbo frets, set neck 25,5 scale length ebony fingerboard. Mahogany body, 3-pc. Mahogany / Ebony neck. Gloss Black with red crimsons.. Stratocaster with Ultra access. String-thru body bridge. Active duncan designed hb-105 which are cheapest version of black outs. 3-way Switch selector 2 volumes and one tone. Grover tuners Guitar and some tools where included only... // 10

Sound: Awesome sound it suits for everything starting from a clean classic to a metal distortion in death metal or trash, the tone is awesome my friend Who are playing ltd guitar for years said, that I don`t even need to change those duncans that sound is already best and don`t need even to think about better after he heard my guitar he wanned new guitar too.. I am using Roland cubes 20x effects like clean cosm and metal.. It is not noisy and if you choose neck and try playing red hot chilly pepper on clean it sounds so colorful with a loads of bass and colors... Same with metal if you put neck you get very colorful sound which sometimes with fast vibrato yields that you feel it and don`t want to stop vibrating. For bridge awesome is to play nothing else matters on clean cause you don`t need bass there you need clear sound without any basses and it does job really really well. For metal bridge gives metal sound I can't ask for more it has awesome attack and awesome clear sound... You can choose 2 pickups at the same time bot maybe it will work out with some gypsy songs and some improvisation cause it is something between neck and bridge... // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Set up was awesome it looked like a baby and I just took it tuned and played omg it was one of the best days in my life. Pickups are adjusted well bot actually I don`t know how they must be adjusted... Everything was good bot one screw from a bridge screwed out bot I just screwed it back bridge is adjusted good... Small flaw was the black point on she devil in lays which I spotted after month playing. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Yes it will withstand Live playing and if you are not a novice player you should get this one and later when you will master it you can change pickups and put what will you want. Hardware will last for ever. Yes strap buttons are not like some cheap ESP. I can depend on them with a good strap. I don`t need any backup for this guitar it hold tune like a crazy without bends you can play some days without tunings with bends all day and maybe second day. Finish is gonna last, there is nothing what can wear off even if after years it will not Shine so good common you can always paint your guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: Melodic death metal, trash metal, rock ballad, classic. Awesome match. I have been playing almost a year on classical guitar and year on this one with my friend Roland Cube 20X. I wish I had asked for products for caring for this guitar bot I figured it out my self(ghs string cleaner, lemon oil dr'andrea, Dunlop polisher.) If it would be stolen I would get this guitar if I would have money bot if it would be stolen now omg please don't I think I would buy cheap guitar and wait saving money for another one like this. I love that is screams all the time and hold tunes I love the clarity of the sound it sounds tasty comparing to other guitars and it looks like a baby, black shiny baby this with red inlays this is my baby. I hate that it didn't come with real active Seymour Duncan blackout on which I don't have money bot I will buy one day very expensive pickups and I will put them on my baby. Favorite feature - no string buzzing flawless sound. I compared it to a lots of guitars like ESP and Ibanez and I think this sound is better then EMG hz or Ibanez for the same money the sound for me mild and burning I would say. // 10

C-1 SheDevil Reviewed by: metalhead1054, on november 24, 2011

Purchased from: Used Guitar Shop

Features: It is unknown which year this guitar is made but I can say that it was made in Korea with 24 Jumbo Sized Frets. It is a 3 pc. Set neck with a 25.5" scale. The finish is unsure as I have not studied up on guitar finishes, but I am led to believe that it is Gloss Black with Red Trim. The bridge is a String-Thru with a simple drop-in bridge with Seymore Duncan Active Pickups. The Selector is a 3 Way Pickup Selector and uses Grover Tuners. And it is a Strat Style Body. // 8

Sound: I have no preference for music style but I tend to lean more towards progressive hard rock. Personally I have used it for several amps ranging from Vintage Sound Oriented Fenders to Modernized Sounding Randalls. For the most part I use a Marshall Combo amp with this and I can say it works rather well. I hardly use any effects except for Reverb, Distortion, Chorus, and Delay; I can say all of those leave with a satisfying tone. This guitar is only noisy when I have my amp maxed out with the bridge pickup selected, however I believe this is only so because I did buy it used. And as far as the overall sound of the guitar, it can handle any style you throw at it, but because it is a set neck, there is some difficulty tapping. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The Action is perfectly suited for this guitar, the bridge has two screws I can use to lower or heighten the action if I desire, but normally I like to keep it low for faster playing. The pickups are adjusted very well with the only issue being the flaw that buying it used means that the previous owner did something to it that shot the neck pickup, due to lack of funds I have not been able to replace the pickups. The Bridge is routed properly, I have no issues there. Overall the entire guitar is in good standing except for the shot neck pickup. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Reliability and Durability, the most important aspect to any guitar in my opinion and to answer the first question, it handles live playing as if you were playing one of its $1000 counterparts. The strap buttons are standard for any guitar, so I must say that too much punishment will make them come out. I can perfectly well say that this is a guitar I can depend on. As a matter of fact when I played a live gig once, I actually put down my other guitar between songs because I wanted to play my Schecter. Also as an owner of this guitar for two years now, I can say that its finish is good enough to last because I've never seen any finish thinning on it. // 8

Overall Impression: Again I play a little of everything but I orient myself more towards progressive hard rock and this guitar suits that well. I have been playing about 4 to 5 years now so I've owned this guitar for about half of my guitar career. The only other gear I own is an Oscar Schimdt Acoustic-Electric, a PRS SE One Student Edition, and a Peavey Milestone bass. I don't wish I would have bought anything else instead of this guitar, because it holds the line perfectly. However if is was lost or stolen, I go and doodle around with other guitar brands for awhile to be sure it has the sound I want. Guitars such as a Dean, ESP, Gibson, or even Ibanez. However if none of those suit me I do lean towards the Hellraiser series as I have played one before and overall I was impressed. There's not much I can say about hating or liking about it as I tend to be middle ground a lot about being picky. The only other guitar I've compared it to is, in fact, are the Hellraisers, ZV, and Syn Customs but lately I have lost interest in artist signature guitars. Finally as a note I do not believe in perfection so I gave it "Average" scores instead of perfect scores. // 7

C-1 SheDevil Reviewed by: connorhxcchaos, on october 05, 2010

Price paid: A$ 600

Purchased from: Used- from a friend

Features: So its a Schecter SheDevil, High gloss black finish, crimson red inlays and binding (looks brilliant!) 24 Jumbo frets, Mahogany/Rosewood neck/fretboard, 25.5 inch scale, set neck with Ultra access, Mahogany body, double cutaway, Duncan designed HB105 active pickups, grover tuners, tonepros bridge, 3 way Switch vol/vol/tone. These are the exact specs that I was looking for in buying a guitar and this one matches perfectly. Only thing I'm thinking of upgrading are the pickups possibly to Blackouts just to try them out although the duncan designed are very good. // 9

Sound: Great for metal, going through an MXR fullbore metal into a Marshall MG15CDR. Sounds great with a fair bit of gain, very quiet, no major issues. Although I would recommend upgrading the pots as the tone pot hardly does anything. That could also be the pickups. I'm a high gain player but still love having a lot of clarity so every note can be heard. This guitar definitely allows that but clean it doesn't sound that great unfortunately. Its not HORRIBLE, but it is very obvious that its made to be overdriven. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guy I bought it off hadnt touched anything, not even changed the strings. Everything was factory set up in the same condition straight out the factory. Action is brilliant, no buzz. The high gloss black is great and goes well with the crimson red which is pure red, I was scared it might look a bit pink, but it is deep red. The fretwire was hanging off a bit and was a bit sharp on the 13th, 14th and 15th fret. The neck joint and the body joints are quite visable from the back of the guitar. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I'm confident that it will be able to stand live playing and possible touring without worrying too much. I'm considering upgrading the tuners as they look pretty cheap though. And the tonepros bridge which was painted black is already starting to fade a bit as expected from schecter. // 8

Overall Impression: Its a great guitar although I wouldn't have paid the $1600AUD retail for it. I own a few other schecters, a couple of Ibanez's 2 les pauls and a Dean razorback. The neck shape and scale length of the Schecters are appealing to me and the playability is exactly how I like it, not ridiculously low that you can't feel anything being played but not so hard that it takes a whole lot of effort to play. If I could find another one for the same price I would definitely buy it if this one were lost or stolen. I think it would be more appealing to buy if it did have the actual Seymour Duncan blackouts instead of the copy. // 8

C-1 SheDevil Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 08, 2010

Purchased from: Used

Features: This Guitar was made in Korea with a 24 jumbo fret neck. 3 peice set neck in ebony black with crimson trim on the entire front outer lining. The Guitar is made of Mahogany with a gloss finish in a Strat Style. The bridge is modeled after what I think is a Gibson Style Bridge. Vol/Ton/Ton Knobs with a 3-way pickup selector and unfortunately the pickups are a Standard Seymore Duncan, NOT Blackouts.(Which by the way are active humbuckers) Classic H/H pick arrangement with grover tuner on the Classic Schecter Style Head. Over the features of this guitar are amazing but could use a little bit of improvement, such as Blackouts. // 8

Sound: The Sound is AMAZING, the only problem I had was that when I turned my Amp up(Marshall MG30FX), if both tone knobs were turned up, I would hear a lot of static and feedback. Very Amazing sound with any level of distortion, even Death Metal Distortion Box, and does good with all other effects. Full sounding and can preform anything from Bending to Sweeping on the Fretboard. My style is anything and the sound suits any form of music, Country, Rock, Metal, even Pop. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The Only Flaw to the guitar was the fact that the Bridge Pickup was dead when I bought it but then again I bought it used, so it could've been worse. As always Schecter shows it's Superior Craftsmanship with this Mid to Expert Level Guitar. There are no flaws in the Brand New Version of the guitar. Perfectly Smooth, even though it'll have to be polished regularly, like any guitar should. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will definately go awhile before it finally dies. The Overall brand of Schecter Guitar Research has made sure of it. The hardware will definately last for at least 5 years, especially because a treble pickup by itself can hold it's own on this. Finish is longlasting and won't come off that easily. HOWEVER IF YOU TREAT THIS GUITAR LIKE CRAP IT WILL NOT LAST AS LONG AS IT SHOULD. Finally as far as live playing goes YES, it will survive a show, I've proven it with a 2 hour show. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall really good guitar. Schecter once again has shown that they are a very dominant part of the rising metal world, which if you didn't know is thier target style, and continues to improve thier mistakes every year. However don't expect to buy these brand new, they were discontinued as of 2010. If I had lost this, I would run to Duet with music and go buy a Schecter Damien Elite 7 FR. Likes: Body, Inlays, Sound Dislikes: pickups Favorite Feature: The Schecter Logo Finally I wish it had Blackouts not the Standard shipping Duncans. // 9

More Schecter reviews rating category latest review
+ Omen-7 7.8 Electric Guitars 12/21/2013