C-1 SheDevil FR Review

manufacturer: Schecter date: 11/14/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Schecter: C-1 SheDevil FR
This guitar is a great match for me, it sounds great, plays great, looks great. guitar can get a variety of sounds depending on your amp settings. Very nice cleans and some good crunch sounds.
 8.2
 9.8
 6.6
review (1) pictures (1) 43 comments vote for this gear:
C-1 SheDevil FR Reviewed by: Synyster2317A7X, on november 14, 2011

Features: Was made in 2009 from Schecter's Korean factory. It is 25.5" scale with 24 frets on a ebony fingerboard. It has red binding around the boy and on the neck and headstock with red fret dots and the "devil girls" inlay at the 12th fret. Solid mahogany body and neck with Schecter's "ultra-access neck heel". It has a gloss black finish that really shines. It is Schecter's C-1 shape which is the standard double cut-away shape. It's a rare find equipped with a Floyd Rose Original double-locking bridge, very small numbers produced with the Floyd Rose. Its equipped with two Active Duncan Designed Blackouts (they play and sound exactly the same as their Seymour Duncan counterparts). It has 2 volume and 1 tone knob with a 3 way selector. A nice feature is that if you turn one of the volume knobs to 0, the selector becomes a killswitch whe you move to the middle or silenced pickups position. It has Grover tuners and came with a black trem arm. // 10

Sound: I play mostly metal (Avenged Sevenfold, Asking Alexandria, The Devil Wears Prada, etc.) and it suits it perfectly. The guitar is a good weight so it doesn't start to feel heavy after hours of body banging. The active Duncans are super think and heavy with out getting murky giving a great, full tone. I usually play it without any effects besides my amps distortion and a Boss NS-2 but sometimes add a little chorus to fill in my sound. The active pickups are virtually noiseless. When I stop playing, the sound follows suit. The guitar can get a variety of sounds depending on your amp settings. Very nice cleans and some good crunch sounds. It's only real flaw is it always has a full sound so very bright styles end up with too much bass. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was in pristine condition when I bought it, all that had to be done was a minor adjustment in the springs to bring it to drop D. The pickups were at the right height, no adjustments needed. No rough frets, no fret buzz, everything was very well assembled and I've had no issues. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This is my main guitar. I use it on stage and it takes a beating and comes out swinging. The strap buttons have held quite well, I use some $1.00 strap locks and I've never had a problem with it coming off. I always have 4 guitars (2 Drop D, 2 Drop C) just to be safe, when you yank on the Floyd Rose doing deep dive bombs there is always a chance strings could break, but through 5 shows, its held up great. The finish is holding up great, a quick wipe after the show and good as new. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is a great match for me, it sounds great, plays great, looks great. I've been playing for 3 years now and am in a good local band working our way up. I also have a Schecter Omen-6 FR with Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invader's, a Schecter ZV Mirror, and an Ibanez FR1620. I use Peavey 6505+, Custom Sommatone Outlaw, and Marshall JVM 205 amp heads with either a Sommatone 4x12" amp cab equipped with Eminence Man O War speakers, or Marshall MC412 cab equipped with Celestion speakers. If it was stolen I would definitely try to find another one or get one of Schecter's Blackjack series, because it has most of the same features. My favorite part has to be the Devil girls inlay. They just look so sweet on there. I tried it against some of the Ibanez RGA and RGD series, Schecter's Hellraiser series and a few ESP's but it won out with superior features and price. The only thing I could ask for would be the ability to coil-split the guitar, just so it could do just about anything. // 10

More Schecter reviews rating category latest review
+ Omen-7 7.8 Electric Guitars 12/21/2013